Marvel Cinematic Universe

1,376 replies to this topic
Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

Either way it looks amazing! This will for surely change the MCU forever as stated by Marvel President, Kevin Feige. This is what we have all been waiting for since The Avengers. This is the beginning of the future. Whether our main characters die or are wiped from existence the MCU will be heading in a new direction after Infinity War and I am excited to see it.

I know it's practically built into the MCU, but I hope those gems don't ruin anything, especially with the likes of the reality gem and time gem. I really don't want Thanos, or anyone else for that matter jumping through time. Whilst fictional, everything we've had thus far within the MCU is, dare I say, credible; almost believable. If the gauntlet becomes too much, I think it'll take the realism away from the films. For this reason, I hope the gauntlets powers are somewhat different and/or lessened to some degree.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

I wouldn't say the films have realism, not these days anyway. Guardians and the upcoming Thor 3 have basically introduced crazy cosmic beings with immense power already, anything those gems will do will seem natural seeing as they've been referred to as the most powerful artifacts in existence on at least one occasion.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:26 PM Edited by Matrelith, 07 August 2017 - 06:49 PM.

GOTG2 cast promoting the DVD release 

[edit]; for the people having trouble with the faces

0:44 Pom Klementieff (Mantis) & Sean Gunn (Kraglin)

0:58 Michael Rooker (Yondu)

1:06 Chris Pratt (Starlord) (it's revealed at the end it's him)

1:12 Zoe Saldana (Gamora)

1:28 Dave Bautista (Drax)

1:35 Karen Gillan (Nebula)

2:20 James Gunn, the director.

Zardu Hasselfrau is pretty obvious and Stan Lee doesn't need any introduction.

• The Yokel and UshaB like this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Do you have my bag?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

GOTG2 cast promoting the DVD release 

[edit]; for the people having trouble with the faces

0:44 Pom Klementieff (Mantis) & Sean Gunn (Kraglin)

0:58 Michael Rooker (Yondu)

1:06 Chris Pratt (Starlord) (it's revealed at the end it's him)

1:12 Zoe Saldana (Gamora)

1:28 Dave Bautista (Drax)

1:35 Karen Gillan (Nebula)

2:20 James Gunn, the director.

Zardu Hasselfrau is pretty obvious and Stan Lee doesn't need any introduction.

This is literally the greatest thing they have ever put out

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:49 AM

I love the feeling of getting one of these movies on blu ray. Having it for whenever I want to watch it.

PS I watched that Guardians Inferno music video three times in a row. The look on James Gunn's face when he's playing the drums kills me. He's playing his character so sincerely.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:34 AM Edited by UshaB, 04 September 2017 - 12:08 PM.

Tauriel is sahhhhhhh hawwwwwwt attractive. A good enough reason for me to watch the film.

DIWBvqyXUAAQGH3.jpg?quality=85&strip=inf

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just wondering... how would you guys feel if Hawkeye got killed in Infinity War or the sequel, and in Phase 4 they introduced Kate Bishop / Hawkeye II, similar to what happened in the comics? They could work that into the story, have her build up to the role and in the end she ultimately takes up the mantle. Just a thought because I don't think Renner is going to hold the role forever.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jason, 3 weeks ago.

Just wondering... how would you guys feel if Hawkeye got killed in Infinity War or the sequel, and in Phase 4 they introduced Kate Bishop / Hawkeye II, similar to what happened in the comics? They could work that into the story, have her build up to the role and in the end she ultimately takes up the mantle. Just a thought because I don't think Renner is going to hold the role forever.

Would a nice way to keep a Hawkeye-like character in the films, but not having the Clint/Kate partnership would be a shame for me. The dream for those two for me is a TV series influenced by Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, that run could so easily be turned into a great TV show. Unlikely to happen while Hawkeye remains a film character though. :(

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like Hawkeye; they're making him more relevant now be gutted if they kill him off.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would be pissed if they killed Clint to bring in Kate. I want Kate in the MCU, but I want them to interact. I want that relationship to exist on screen.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just in case you didn't know, Hawkeye had been killed in the event Avengers Disassembled in the comics, and Kate Bishop took the name Hawkeye during his death (which was from September 2004 to January 2007). I'm rather adverse to bringing characters back to life because it can be cheap, but not entirely because it can also be well done. What if he died for a while, Kate took up the mantle, and then he came back later?

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't feel like they'll go with Hawkeye being killed off (nor would I like for it to happen tbh), unless done in an appropriate emotional way like;

Spoiler
I'm not sure how long they'll continue the MCU, but I don't feel like they'll bring in Kate. 

The Cap and Tony, I can see dying tho. 

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't feel like they'll go with Hawkeye being killed off (nor would I like for it to happen tbh), unless done in an appropriate emotional way like;

Spoiler
I'm not sure how long they'll continue the MCU, but I don't feel like they'll bring in Kate. 

The Cap and Tony, I can see dying tho. 

They have plans until at least 2028 and beyond, so we're good. They'll have to introduce more characters, and I know Kate is popular with comic fans.

Also, why do you see those two dying but not Hawkeye? I would think it'd be the opposite, since Hawkeye isn't as famous or a headliner.

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

They have plans until at least 2028 and beyond, so we're good. They'll have to introduce more characters, and I know Kate is popular with comic fans.

Also, why do you see those two dying but not Hawkeye? I would think it'd be the opposite, since Hawkeye isn't as famous or a headliner.

Till 2028? Jeezus, the superhero fatigue is gonna happen sometime. I'm not sure how long the MCU will last until demand of interest plummets.

Their deaths seem more appropriate than say the likes of Hawkeye and Ant-Man status people. The Cap's and Tony's death would make a bigger emotional impact for the audience and will carry more weight both emotionally and narratively I feel. Killing off Hawkeye is sort of, eh, why kill him off when he seems to be in a nice comfortable position, status and lifestyle-wise.

If the Cap dies, I'm gonna be crying more than I did than Yondu's death (which I found more emotional than Supes' death lol. But that's mainly due to better writing and what-not). 

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Homemade Dynamite, 3 weeks ago.

I get what you're going for but I just imagine they'll choose less famous characters to be casualties because so many people would be pissed if it were Tony or Cap. Hawkeye makes almost too much sense to kill off. He's not super important, but has made a big enough impression with his relationships with Black Widow and Scarlet Witch, having a family that loves him, and fighting alongside Cap for the good team, that he'll make a big impact if killed while not angering the general audience. That's how I see it, anyways.

Just imagine if he dies, and we get that scene where one of the Avengers have to do the difficult task of going to his family's home and informing them that he made the ultimate sacrifice? It'd be pretty heartbreaking.

Since it's based on comic books, they could always bring him back in the future (just like how his comics counterpart died in the Kree invasion and eventually came back). As I said, it would be great opportunity to introduce Kate Bishop, since she's one of the most popular characters to emerge post-2000, whereas a lot of characters introduced in the modern era tend to be hated for being nothing more than platforms to shove a political agenda down the throats of the reader. Establishing Hawkeye as a legacy would go a long way in making the MCU like the comics, where legacies play a big part in the universe.

I'm not sure if she would be "headline her own movie" material, but I could see her showing up in a team or ensemble film, or being part of another character's story. 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 3 weeks ago

Tony is def dying IMO. RDJ's contract is running out, after all. They need a big death to make this feel truly cataclysmic.

• UshaB likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Tony is def dying IMO. RDJ's contract is running out, after all. They need a big death to make this feel truly cataclysmic.

They could always renew it. He may be pricey, but the money he makes them pays for itself. I don't want him to die because it would leave too big of a void in the MCU, and who would fill it? Riri Williams? No thanks.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Connected™

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Kaniel Outis, 3 weeks ago.

RDJ has done way too many MCU movies at this point and his exit with IW seems proper. He's been a huge support so far, IMO there not much storyline to add with Tony start at it's centre and certainly it's not about the money at this point. Captain America will hopefully will have one last movie.
  • UshaB likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I always imagined that he would be in a support role in future movies, funding the Avengers while recruiting new heroes around the world for the next big threat. Seems like it'd be a natural step, as opposed to well, dying.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it all. Eventually, whether that's with A3 and A4, some of the core cast will want a break. RDJ's been at this year for like 10 years at this point and he's starting to show his age in the films.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Speaking of introducing new and recent characters, how would you guys feel if Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 introduced Miles Morales and Silk as allies of Spider-Man? Since both are confirmed to exist in the MCU (their civilian identities anyway) and the next movie is hinted to be Sinister Six, it would make sense to have them here I'd say. I just think it would be so cool to see three spider heroes take on the Sinister Six, and it's always cool to see lesser-known and more recent characters get spotlight.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would be very surprised if the next Spidey movie didnt have Miles.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not to mention Aaron Davis exists with the potential to become Prowler. That would be pretty cool. You could have Team Spider consisting of Spider-Man I, Spider-Man II, Silk, Prowler, and Ned. If Spidey's taking on the Sinister Six, he's going to need help. Would you watch an ensemble Spider-Man movie?

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Miles, absolutely, Silk, absolutely not. Would love to see Spider-Woman though, if only for patriotic reasons. Need more British super heroes in films.  :lol:

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Miles, absolutely, Silk, absolutely not. Would love to see Spider-Woman though, if only for patriotic reasons. Need more British super heroes in films.  :lol:

Why not Silk? Just wondering because her civilian identity Cindy Moon exists in this universe, so it'd be easy to introduce her.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Mainly because I simply dislike her from the comics, she was introduced as part of the Original Sin event - an event where Marvel writers were forced to think of something shocking for every major character - as someone else who was bitten by the same spider that Parker was and once she and Parker met it turned out that they were basically biologically compelled to bang the sh*t out of each other every time they got close. IMO, she was nothing more than yet another gender-swapped hero that Marvel have spent the last 2-3 years trying to force into 616.

If we're talking Spider-family characters, for me there's other characters worthy of a film appearance, at least films in the near future. In my opinion of course anyway!

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 days ago

Good 'ol Taika haha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users