1,355 replies to this topic
Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

http://mashable.com/...r/#T.UkWjjpgsqp

A recap of the trailer that was shown. Obvious spoiler warning.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

Well if the above is any indication, we'll likely be seeing some of the good guys fighting each other (because of what those other characters are capable of making other people do). Loki sure as hell doesn't seem to learn either, does he? Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he's one of the deaths of the Infinity War films.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:39 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 16 July 2017 - 06:33 PM.

Did I forget to show my excitement about the Iron Spider suit?

That was amazing. I thought we were going to get the scene I desperately wanted in Civil War (from the comic), which is the unveiling of Spider-man as Peter Parker at a press conference being held by Tony Stark. But I'm so happy they didn't do it. Because Peter needs to be a kid.

Spider-man: Homecoming feels the most like a comic book a movie has ever been. It has Iron Man showing up here and there, not quite co-starring as much as cameoing. Which is something you see in solo character comic books. Civil War was very comic book feeling, but it felt like an event comic, as Civil War was. This movie felt like an arc of the Amazing Spider-Man. Wholly connected to the MCU, but it's own thing. This is something some MCU movies just don't feel like they do well. Doctor Strange, Thor 2, Incredible Hulk (if you count it). Even Winter Soldier (even as my favorite MCU movie) feels a bit disconnected. But Homecoming feels like you could go to a comic book store and find a Dan Slott book that they used to adapt to film.

Speaking of Dan Slott, I hope that if they ever bring Doctor Octopus into these movies, that we eventually get Superior Spider-Man. People might hate it, but I'd love to see Holland act like SpOck.

Edit: another observation. He never goes to Manhattan. You never see Spidey swinging around time square, or hanging off of the Empire State Building.
  • HaythamKenway likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

Yea they avoided all the Spider-Man film tropes that have been done in the last few films which is what made it so refreshing and different compared to them, though, I'd have had very mixed feelings if they did the whole Civil War revealing his identity thing, I wasn't fond of it, particularly because of the way they retconned it in the most stupid way as they realised Spidey's secret identity is such a big part of the character.

The suits super cool though, I was surprised to see some hate for it online but it looked great to me too.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

AND ANOTHER THING!

Not really a gripe or even observation, just what I would've wanted from Tony Stark, if you could ask more of the character. He did good as the mentor, but I wish he would've talked about his motivations behind being Peter's mentor a bit more. I would've loved if he said this after the ferry scene when he takes the suit:

"I'm a hero, but I'm flawed. I've let a lot of people down because I put my own desire to save the world ahead of the world itself. I wasn't ready to be a hero, and I rushed into situations where I got people hurt. A whole city was destroyed because I made the mistake of rushing the creation of Ultron. The love of my life was kidnapped by a terrorist because I shot my mouth off at him after he hurt another friend of mine. She would've died and nothing I did prevented that. I didn't want you to make those same mistakes. But you are."

I get that Tony has somewhat recovered from what happened in Civil War, finding out his parents were murdered, that Cap knew. And maybe this movie wasn't the place to demonstrate Tony's character development, but I would've liked to have seen that arc a bit. That he's trying to be the moral center of the Avengers in the vacuum left by Cap. That maybe Cap was more right about the sokovia accords and all of that, than he was willing to admit.

But please don't take this as any sort of criticism of the movie, as it probably works better without it.
  • SmokesWithCigs likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Usually I'd ignore any new spidey movies, since I grew up with the Raimi films. But I was actually interested in this one, cuz Marvel got the rights to make the movies, and do things their way. I thought it was p dope, although I agree with the suit being too OOC. And I have a love-hate relationship with Ned, kinda funny, but kinda annoying.

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

(...)

Spider-man: Homecoming feels the most like a comic book a movie has ever been. It has Iron Man showing up here and there, not quite co-starring as much as cameoing. Which is something you see in solo character comic books. Civil War was very comic book feeling, but it felt like an event comic, as Civil War was. This movie felt like an arc of the Amazing Spider-Man. Wholly connected to the MCU, but it's own thing.(...)

That's a very apt way to describe it. While the MCU formula might be starting to wear thin in certain regards, Phase 3 really shines at translating the whole interconnected universe aspect from the comics better than ever before. Civil War was an event, Homecoming was like a random issue of USM and now Ragnarok is shaping up to be a small team-up crossover that just happens as a part of a small story arc between Thor, Hulk with Strange dropping in for one ish.

I still haven't posted my impressions of Homecoming itself here (more or less for the same reasons I did not for GotG2) and that is because while I enjoyed it, I'm not sure if I can say that I liked it. It was much, much better than I expected, but still not what I wanted. Too many small creative decisions that I just can't agree with. I guess I'll say that it was a fun movie, but not for me and leave it at that. I don't want to get into the nitty-gritty and rag too much here, there are other venues to do that. The important thing to take away is that this is the first good Spidey movie in thirteen (!!!) years, Feige knows what role Spidey should play in the MCU and there's a lot of promise for Peter's growth over the next few movies.

I thought Tony didn't do a particulary good job as a mentor, but then I have to remember that it *is* Tony Stark, so it's completely appropriate and in-character. For him, character development still means screwing up. He was still involved and obviously cared about Peter way beyond him being an asset, but he just didn't know how to actually act as a mentor. I hope that we'll see something closer to the early Bendis' New Avengers dynamic between Tony and Peter in Infinity War. What we've already been told gives me hope.

Spoiler

Spock would be awesome, but given that this is Sony running the show, I'm worried that sooner or later they'll waste him in a dumb non-canon spin-off in their Spider-verse. This is the worst thing about all of this - while Homecoming, despite all the problems I had with the execution of it - gave me so much hope for future Spidey movies, we still have Sony running the whole show to the ground right out of the gate. Again. There was a ton of enticing worldbuilding for the Spiderfamily and their enemies in this movie, but it all might be just wasted. Being a Spider-fan is indeed suffering.

• darthYENIK and Vik like this

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Yet to watch Homecoming. I grew up with Raimi's movies and it had a very adult sort of feeling about Parker's life and took a serious tone from sequel. While Garfield's movies were great and scientifically explained stuff as a part of a separate storyline, it wasn't that well received. Between those movies, I'm not sure where I'll be with this one.
  • Vik likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

Concept Art:

The King is home!

Like a Lion standing upon its throne.

728998blparm.jpg

• Journey_95, Flash525, Vik and 1 other like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:01 AM

• UshaB, Vik and The Deadite like this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

• UshaB likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:27 AM Edited by Jason, 23 July 2017 - 02:37 AM.

No IW teaser at Comic-Con, but it's to be expected, they probably want to polish up the CGI before allowing it to be scrutinised. I'll just go quietly fondle my self over that Thor trailer while I wait.

Edit: 15 sec potato-cam footage has leaked of the IW trailer. Maybe they'll do a Suicide Squad and release it early...

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

I love how Hulk talks now. I also spotted Fenrir in that trailer.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

Finally talking Hulk.

Hated how he only said a couple words in the previous movies.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:13 AM Edited by Journey_95, 23 July 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Damm Ragnarok looks amazing, its great to see Thor finally getting a great movie (the first two sucked ass). I also like this new info about Captain Marvel as well (taking place in the 90's, Skrulls as the bad guys and Nick Fury with both eyes!).

Fine with no IW trailer, I think this is enough.

• HaythamKenway and UshaB like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:25 AM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 23 July 2017 - 04:44 AM.

Anyone happen to see the leaked clip from Infinity War? It was on Youtube like a half hour ago but Disney shot that sh*t down real quick. It was very brief, like only 15 seconds long.

I've got some gifs here from the trailer, but be warned it's obviously spoilers if you want to wait for the official trailer release.

Spoiler

Brief rundown in case you don't want to look at the footage:

Spoiler

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:38 AM

Looks fun. Loving the fresh fade haircut onHulk. I would never of thought the whole 80's retro style feel would ever work with an outer-space, intergalactic, unknown Universe, but Marvel and their Guardians have pulled it off. Loving the style and its vibe. 

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

I was suprised that they chose Magic Sword for the music, I fricking love their music. All in all this seems like the best MCU film for this year, so many major characters and so many stories are going to be told, it's gonna be great

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

Damm Ragnarok looks amazing, its great to see Thor finally getting a great movie (the first two sucked ass). I also like this new info about Captain Marvel as well (taking place in the 90's, Krull as the bad guys and Nick Fury with both eyes!).

Fine with no IW trailer, I think this is enough.

Just woke up and the Captain Marvel news were probably the best way I could start the day. Skrulls! And weren't they part of the FF rights too? While this is just a bandaid compared to what we could get if Marvel got them back completely, it's certainly nice that the cooperation between the two studios didn't end with Ego.

• UshaB likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:48 AM Edited by Jason, 23 July 2017 - 02:02 PM.

Just woke up and the Captain Marvel news were probably the best way I could start the day. Skrulls! And weren't they part of the FF rights too? While this is just a bandaid compared to what we could get if Marvel got them back completely, it's certainly nice that the cooperation between the two studios didn't end with Ego.

Sadly, no. Marvel have had the rights to the normal Skrulls all along, Fox have the Super-Skrulls like Kl'rt - they're basically Skrulls that can copy powers and abilities where as normal Skrulls can only change shape.

Also there's a full IW trailer out, it's a cam footage at an angle with half the screen missing but it's out there if you want it.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:42 PM Edited by HaythamKenway, 23 July 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Sadly, no. Marvel have had the rights to the normal Skrulls all along, Fox have the Super-Skrulls like Kl'rt - they're basically Skrulls that can copy powers and abilities where as normal Skrulls can only change shape.

Also here's a full IW trailer out, it's a cam footage at an angle with half the screen missing but it's out there if you want it.

Right, the same grey area as with Wanda and Pietro, I totally forgot about that. I thought Skrulls were at Fox altogether because that was the excuse they used for the Chitauri fodder in the first Avengers. What a shame. I watched the camrip too, but I'd probably recommend waiting for the official release. It's awesome, but the low quality really doesn't make for a very good first impression. Looking back, the written reports from D23 were way more hype-inducing in comparison.

On the bright side, there's something else that made me happy that I forgot to mention in the morning - Ghost is confirmed as the villain in Ant-Man and the Wasp, which is probably the first reason for me to be interested in that movie.

Edit: Infinity War poster featuring Punished "Nomad" Rogers.

Spoiler

I think I'm in love.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:31 PM Edited by Legomanarthur, 23 July 2017 - 07:31 PM.

So the trailer has been leaked if anyone is interested:

Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:50 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 24 July 2017 - 06:44 AM.

It's down. But I saw it. Most of it. Horrible angle.

Spoiler

Edit: seems like there's a couple good angles. Bet Marvel gets puts it up by midnight.

Edit 2: They got 15 minutes.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:28 AM

New link to the trailer.

https://streamable.com/9uwwp

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

I also like this new info about Captain Marvel as well (taking place in the 90's, Skrulls as the bad guys and Nick Fury with both eyes!).

I wonder how they're going to address it. Was Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, ever mentioned in the MCU?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

Why mention her if she's presumed dead or a non-factor? I'm assuming she is in the deep reaches of space for 20 years, or in some sort of stasis, and Fury never considered or just never got in contact with her for the Avengers initiative. Same probably goes for Hank Pym. But I like to think Fury snuck up on Pym and asked him to sign up, and Pym told him no.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:34 PM

There was talk that the Quantum Realm from Ant-Man would play a part in how she would appear in films set in the now. or something like that. She probably gets stuck somewhere and through events in IW is brought back, if I had to guess.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

Get it while you can.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

It's gone.

Not sure what it was, but let's hold off on any leaked trailers unless they are of good quality and not taken from camera phones.

Sobchak
  • Sobchak

"Entrepreneur"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

Either way it looks amazing! This will for surely change the MCU forever as stated by Marvel President, Kevin Feige. This is what we have all been waiting for since The Avengers. This is the beginning of the future. Whether our main characters die or are wiped from existence the MCU will be heading in a new direction after Infinity War and I am excited to see it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users