Marvel Cinematic Universe

1,353 replies to this topic
HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

It's the little details... the MCU is a gift.

Miz6ugw.jpg

• Vik, The Deadite and Natasha like this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

[pic]

Seems we've got ourselves the next train stopping scene

Hah. Every Spidey movie has to have one, it's the cinematic equivalent of the "buried under the rubble" scene in the Final Chapter.

I don't know. The action looks good, using webpits as a wingsuit is a great idea, Tom Holland is great in the role - but I'm still not feeling the high school setting. I just don't care for more teenage relationship drama. I like how they seem to be playing up Peter's ambition and desire to prove himself in the world that's full of other heroes already - that's new and certainly has potential.

Buuut, I'm kinda getting more Miles Morales vibes from this movie than Peter Parker's. The "young and unestablished" angle, that whole "I have to live up to the ideal" issue were among Miles' book's major themes after all. Even Peter's buddy in the school (Ned? - I can't really assign actors' faces to the confirmed characters yet) looks exactly like Ganke.

Might as well... you know... throw Peter out and just make a Miles movie. And I say this as someone who isn't exactly crazy about Miles and is a Peter fan since childhood.

Those were major themes overall for ultimate Spider-Man (for both Peter and Miles)

At least from what I remember

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

Spoiler

Seems we've got ourselves the next train stopping scene

That scene looks a bit too unrealistic stunt even for the toughest guy. I guess it's just a tribute to Toby's Spiderman 2.
  • 2281, iBUCKEYE, Kushology and 1 other like this

Spectacus
  • Spectacus

SHEIRA!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

I really don't like how Tony's building all this tech for Peter, kinda diminishes the character of Spider-Man

• Vik and The Deadite like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:47 PM Edited by Lazor Guns, 11 December 2016 - 03:52 PM.

I've been thinking about the future. How do you think they're going to pick up the pieces from where Civil War left off? We can assume that Steve, Sam, Wanda, Scott, and Clint will have been on the run for two years by the time it gets to Infinity War, and it will be hard for them being fugitives with very limited resources and wanted by almost every government in the world. Also, only Wanda has her powers naturally. Did the others manage to get their equipment back? If Ross and his men were smart, they would've stored their gear in a secret base, not on the Raft where they could easily get it if they broke free.

Not to mention Natasha is possibly on the run as well (with them or not, we don't know). Tony and Vision (and possibly Peter) are all that remains of the Pro-Reg Avengers (not counting Rhodes, who has been made invalid). Oh, and then there's T'Challa hiding Bucky, which could cause some political problems if it becomes known to the public. And who knows what will become of Thor and Banner after Ragnarok? It's anyone's guess at this point. All I can say it, getting them back to fighting side-by-side won't be an easy task, but a threat to all of humanity might be what it takes to do just that.

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

Loving the Lego Death Star bit in this. I wonder if they did it in one take or if some poor soul had to build multiple Death Stars.
  • The Deadite likes this

Mion
  • Mion

KD*

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

I'm disappointed Zendaya isn't Mary Jane, but she could be Michele then later be referred to as MJ.

• Vik likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:17 PM

PSA: Captain America Civil War will be on Netflix (US) tomorrow.

Merry Christmas.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

PSA: Captain America Civil War will be on Netflix (US) tomorrow.

Merry Christmas.

Christmas Special I guess.

I started watching Luke Cage. I like it so far. I'm hoping that Netflix will retain the quality of storyline for another season as well. Iron Fist will be out by next year as well. MCU seems to be doing good with shows so far.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

I wanted to watch so Luke Cage, too.

You know. Sweet Christmas.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

• The Yokel and HaythamKenway like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

That loos like so much fun. I can't wait for it.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

I'm still looking forward to Ragnarok more, mainly because of the stronger connection to Infinity War and the supporting characters, but I'm pretty confident that GotG will be the superior movie overall. Gunn is, by far, the best director MCU has right now. 

Spoiler

• Kaniel Outis likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

Trailer looks damn neat, loving the cast, though it'll be interesting to see how/why Nebula is with the team, especially as she attempted to kill some of them in the first film. She obviously has her own agenda, and I foresee her ultimately being a villain again (thus betraying the team) but the conclusion of it, but yeah, the film looks awesome!!

I'm still looking forward to Ragnarok more, mainly because of the stronger connection to Infinity War and the supporting characters, but I'm pretty confident that GotG will be the superior movie overall. Gunn is, by far, the best director MCU has right now. 

Spoiler

What gives you the impression that Yondu will die? No MCU film has yet killed off any of the main cast and/or heroes. Guardians isn't about to start. The first significant loss will likely be with Infinity War.

I'd also agree too, in that I'm looking forward to Thor 3 also. Didn't think much of the first two, but the third has a lot of potential, with a lot of high stakes.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

(...)

Spoiler

What gives you the impression that Yondu will die? No MCU film has yet killed off any of the main cast and/or heroes. Guardians isn't about to start. The first significant loss will likely be with Infinity War.

I'd also agree too, in that I'm looking forward to Thor 3 also. Didn't think much of the first two, but the third has a lot of potential, with a lot of high stakes.

Eh, just a hunch really. Based on various leaks and comments from the director and actors.

Spoiler

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

❃ Fidget Spinner Launcher ❃

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

Late on this, but...

Just saw Doctor Strange for the first time and I'm super impressed.  I took too long to see it in theaters, so had to settle for DVD and wow it must have been awesome on the big screen.  I really enjoyed the ending, how Strange conquered the villain in such a creative away.  The special effects of the whole movie were wild.  

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

My bets for IW deaths are Iron Man and Captain America with Bucky being brought in to replace the latter. I was thinking pre-Civil War that War Machine would permanently replace Tony but now I don't think so, I still think he's going to die though. Captain America first in Part 1 and Iron Man in Part 2.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

I think the deaths will be far more than that. There will be a lot of deaths of major characters that all ends with Groot (because it's funny to me) bringing them all back to life with the Infinity Gauntlet.
  • Vik likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

My bets for IW deaths are Iron Man and Captain America with Bucky being brought in to replace the latter. I was thinking pre-Civil War that War Machine would permanently replace Tony but now I don't think so, I still think he's going to die though. Captain America first in Part 1 and Iron Man in Part 2.

I can quite easily see Steve dying, though not Iroman; instead he'll likely retire as a result of the carnage or something. RDJ is quite a costly actor to keep around much longer. It stands to reason that Vision will be killed, cause Thanos will get the Mind Stone. Whether Wanda can resurrect Vision without the Gem is a possibility however, especially as he is an Android (of sorts). I can see Clint dying too, simply because he's the moral compass of the whole group; he helps keep the team together (with the exception of Civil War, but for obvious reasons).

I'm very much expecting Rogers, Stark, Thor, and Clint to be excluded from the next (after IW) Avengers film; Thor will be King of Asgard by then. We're probably looking at Bucky, Falcon, Ant Man, Wasp & Captain Marvel and Wanda moving forward, maybe with Vision, and maybe with Hulk. Doctor Strange will likely appear only from dimensional threats, of which the rest of the Avengers are going to be somewhat useless against, so whilst Strange will be in Infinity War, I'm not quite expecting him to go full Avengers anytime soon. The same with Black Panther; a character that seems more interested in his homeland than anything else.

I think the deaths will be far more than that. There will be a lot of deaths of major characters that all ends with Groot (because it's funny to me) bringing them all back to life with the Infinity Gauntlet.

I hope they don't use the Gauntlet to bring everyone back, that'll be kind of lame. That said, it's already possible for Doctor Strange to undo the deaths of the Avengers time and time again... I'm ultimately expecting a total of three significant deaths across the two films. I wonder whether one of them might be Nick Fury too.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:08 AM Edited by HaythamKenway, 07 March 2017 - 11:12 AM.

The finger snap would be an incredible way to end IW1 on a cliffhanger. That obviously will be reversed in the sequel - still, the lineup will be significantly trimmed going into IW2. The final death count that will stick should be about four major characters.

I don't know, I don't really feel comfortable in safely predicting who it'll be yet. Too many unknowns in the air. Steve's is about the only one I definitely see coming, but then again, Chris Evans said that he wants to stick with the character now after his directorial debut didn't pan out the way he intended, so who knows how things will turn out.

Tony is defintely not going to get killed, I think and even full retirement starts to seem unlikely to me. RDJ wants to milk the character for all he's worth, so these days, I'm veering in the direction that he'll be retired from the Avengers, but still appear in supporting roles (like in Homecoming) or get a new self-contained solo. Thor, on the other hand, is going away. Valkyrie might replace him if she's the breakout star of Ragnarok - if she's not, then they'll quietly phase out the whole Asgard side of the MCU.

But whatever, if I had to roll a dice and wildly guess, then I'd bet right now on Steve, Hulk, Drax and Loki. Maybe Clint or Fury too.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

Tony is defintely not going to get killed, I think and even full retirement starts to seem unlikely to me. RDJ wants to milk the character for all he's worth, so these days, I'm veering in the direction that he'll be retired from the Avengers, but still appear in supporting roles (like in Homecoming) or get a new self-contained solo. Thor, on the other hand, is going away. Valkyrie might replace him if she's the breakout star of Ragnarok - if she's not, then they'll quietly phase out the whole Asgard side of the MCU.

But whatever, if I had to roll a dice and wildly guess, then I'd bet right now on Steve, Hulk, Drax and Loki. Maybe Clint or Fury too

With the long-term goals that Marvel have, they're going to want to finance themselves well, and paying RDJ, as good a role as he plays, isn't good for business. He's too demanding, so unless he takes a pay cut, they'll retire the character if they know what's good for them.

I had completely forgotten about the Guardians, and Loki for that matter, but yeah, I can definitely see Loki being killed off, especially if Thor 3 is suppose to be the final of the Asgardian Trilogy; we may get the odd cameo role from Thor in the future, but not Loki I wouldn't have thought! Not too sure about Drax though; he adds a lot of the humour in Guardians, and I can't honestly see them removing a character from the Guardians lineup until (at least) Guardians 3, but I'd think that more down to replace than remove.

Hulk's death (if it happens) will be interesting. Presumably Thanos can literally rip him in half? No coming back from that!

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

I think the relationship is still mutually beneficial, the outrageous salaries notwithstanding. An MCU movie with RDJ is a billion, guaranteed, and he wants to keep the role for a stable paycheck, if not for anything else. Civil War wouldn't have happened, at least not the way it did, if it wasn't for RDJ. His role in Homecoming was one of the demands made from Sony as a part of the Spider-Man deal.

At this point he needs the MCU more than the MCU needs him, true. It's not 2012 anymore. Cumberbatch and Larson will be the new headliners. But I don't think they'll cut ties completely. There's still profit to be made.

• Flash525 likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

Who wants some Thor: Ragnarok official images?

http://imgur.com/a/8YbIf

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

My "thing" for Cate Blanchett just went up a notch.
  • NewUsernameMan likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:18 AM

17426386_10154101592706157_8119947653103

• The Yokel, That Guy There, Zoobz and 1 other like this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

vvv0nxtfzk5dqegkvwck.jpg

• darthYENIK, The Yokel, That Guy There and 3 others like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:35 AM

It's pretty interesting that they chose to do 100% CGI posters. Also like how its different from other Spidey posters.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

Photo of The Batman Birdman Vulture.

Keatan looking cool.

Looking forward to the trailer dropping soon. 

VdoX29E.jpg

• Fuzzknuckles, That Guy There, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

I think Keaton will do this justice in fairness, he is a really good actor I like him :^:

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:08 PM Edited by The Yokel, 28 March 2017 - 03:10 PM.

You might want to skip this trailer though. There's too much info in it that it's practically a spoiler. It's awesome in every conceivable way but I wish I hadn't seen half of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users