464 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

It's about god damn time. For months he's been saying he's got the role, even walking around on stilts in preparation for the role. Meanwhile Marvel denied it for some reason. They didn't give a vague answer, they flat out said Vin Diesel wasn't in the movie. It made him look crazy.

Oh well. Groot only says one thing anyway.
Spoiler

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

Thor 2 was surprisingly awesome.

I left the theater really impressed.

Bravo.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by Dnero, 31 December 2013 - 10:55 PM.

First Official GoTG Photo:

vKNvTL1l.jpg

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:40 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 01 January 2014 - 01:08 AM.

Just saw that, and came here to post it.  Nerd boners.

EDIT: And new sig.

Edit 2: I just can't wait. I think I need to pick up some Guardians comics.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

What a bunch of assholes.....

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by Dnero, 01 January 2014 - 02:51 PM.

I saw the teaser trailer (bootleg) on youtube, prolly gone now, but yeah someone did say 'What a bunch of A-holes' in the end haha.

edit: nope, here it is:

:^:

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:00 AM Edited by jiggysaw, 09 January 2014 - 07:00 AM.

I for one cannot wait for GOTG, I got into all this marvel stuff officially with Iron man, Although i knew of hulk through cartoons and that live action tv show when i was younger, But didn't think much of it, Since watching every movie that has been released, I have watched tons of other marvel stuff and read a few comics, GOTG excites  me the most, out of any of em, Also Ant-Man, Helli love em all

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:59 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 14 January 2014 - 01:01 AM.

Michael Douglas cast as Hank Pym A.K.A. Ant-Man

So, I'm guessing that Pym is going to invent the helmet and probably Ultron, and Lang will take up the mantle of Ant-Man.

• Moonshield likes this

mailrocket
  • mailrocket

HUD and GTA V mod lover

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Has anyone been Agent's of SHIELD lately? I know it has low viewers but I still watch it for the sake of seeing Marvel's "continuity"

Anyway, I found some news that the "All Hail The King" Marvel One-shot, the one that's going to be in the Blu-ray disc, will feature Trevor Slattery (Mandarin wannabe), you know, that guy from Iron Man 3?

Sad, I really wished it was Loki to star in it, not because I like him, but because of that ending in Thor 2, wherein he becomes a king, and then what? I really wished that was the plot.

2l9k2rm.jpg

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

Michael Douglas cast as Hank Pym A.K.A. Ant-Man

So, I'm guessing that Pym is going to invent the helmet and probably Ultron, and Lang will take up the mantle of Ant-Man.

Nice. I still kind of wish Rudd was playing Eric O'Grady. The Irredeemable Ant-Man is just so good.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Has anyone been Agent's of SHIELD lately? I know it has low viewers but I still watch it for the sake of seeing Marvel's "continuity"

I've watched every episode so far, And i actually like it, I really hope Coulson shows up in the movies again

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

I wont say no to discussing Agents of SHIELD in this topic, as it is technically part of the MCU, but I encourage discussing it here... http://gtaforums.com...ents-of-shield/

Mostly so I'm not double posting about it week after week. :whistle:

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

Wait a minute...I thought Paul Rudd was going to be playing Ant-Man? So it's actually Michael Douglas that will be playing him?

mailrocket
  • mailrocket

HUD and GTA V mod lover

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:50 AM Edited by mailrocket, 16 January 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Nah man Paul Rudd will be "Ant-Man" in the film, "Ant-Man" as in Scott Lang, the 2nd user of the suit. He is the protagonist in the movie.
Michael Douglas will be cast as Hank Pym, the one who MAY be able to create the suit. In the comics, Hank is the original Ant-Man

• Moonshield and Flight180Victm like this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Sad, I really wished it was Loki to star in it, not because I like him, but because of that ending in Thor 2, wherein he becomes a king, and then what? I really wished that was the plot.

That seems like it would be better for a actual plot in a thor movie not a small 20 minute one shot

• darthYENIK likes this

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:24 AM Edited by Flight180Victm, 17 January 2014 - 05:25 AM.

Nah man Paul Rudd will be "Ant-Man" in the film, "Ant-Man" as in Scott Lang, the 2nd user of the suit. He is the protagonist in the movie.
Michael Douglas will be cast as Hank Pym, the one who MAY be able to create the suit. In the comics, Hank is the original Ant-Man

Oh okay, I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not too smart on the Ant-Man comics. ;)

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

This looks cool as f*ck

I loved the first Cap probably more than other Marvel movies when I really think about it. The atmosphere was just right and different from all the other movies. This looks like it will be bad-ass as well.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Judging by the trailers Winter Soldier is going to be pretty freaking good.

Helicarrier crashing into the Triskelion?  I'm in.  I'm in already, but now I'm way in.

It looks like they don't care that they are showing the Winter Soldier's face full on.  I guess they figure anyone who cares about his identity enough, will know who he is anyway.

I was really hoping for a Guardians of the Galaxy TV spot during the Super Bowl. :/

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

marvelguardians.jpg

Age of Ultron's gonna be worth the wait. Avengers was a great movie and I'm really to interested to see how Chris Evans and Robert Downey reprise their roles.

x-men-days-of-future-past-professor-x.jp

X-Men's gonna be another interesting movie. Patrick and Ian with their past counter parts. Too bad Jackman doesn't age over time. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 05 February 2014 - 06:04 PM.

The X-Men films are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  I direct you to this post on the 2nd page explaining why.  We should direct all discussion of those movies to this topic... http://gtaforums.com...c/673483-x-men/

But if you want you can discuss them here, as long as it's relevant to the MCU.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

"All Hail The King" ...

Well, it's definitely ...

It's definitely teasing, we can all agree on that.

But what I can say, and probably won't be agreed with by too many people ...Is that I thought it rocked, probably the best One-Shot.

Kinda sad though, feel sorry for Trevor and it kinda sucks that they waisted Ben Kingsley's Mandarin.

Well, who knows ...They might pull some weird plot twist or something. At least if they do it now it won't seem like a cop-out.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 07 February 2014 - 03:47 AM.

Evangeline Lily joins cast of Ant-Man

Lily will play Henry Pym's daughter, and the love interest to Lang.  And of course rumors are swirling that she will be playing

Spoiler

And

SPOILERS: Details on Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The article talks about some of the goings on in the movie, and then it talks about the post credits stinger...

Spoiler

EDIT: and...  Guardians of the Galaxy 2 rumored to be already set to release in 2016!

EDIT: I'm not done.  Paul Bettany cast as the Vision in Avengers 2

Although I have no idea what that article is talking about when they say the Vision has chalk white skin, when he is red.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

Kind of off-topic, kind of not. And I know this is like ...The lowest form of fandom.

But could I get some opinions on this little thing I wrote (It's related to the Marvel Cinematic Universe... Iron Man 3 and All Hail The King, to be specific).

It's in an odd format. Not like a script entirely. But more like ...Quotes and descriptions.

Here it is:

https://docs.google....mswBG1s1fO8hbQE

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Oh! We might get a Black Widow movie after Avengers 2.

http://www.denofgeek...widow-solo-film

How freakin' awesome is that?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 14 February 2014 - 08:10 AM.

That's cool, but I was hoping that Widow and Hawkeye would get a movie together.

Or another Hulk movie.

EDIT:  I guess this is leaked footage from the Guardians of the Galaxy teaser, that's coming out on the 18th...

RockandGroot.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:54 PM Edited by The Yokel, 14 February 2014 - 08:54 PM.

That's cool, but I was hoping that Widow and Hawkeye would get a movie together.

Or another Hulk movie.

I think they will make another Hulk movie. As for Black Widow movie, I'm hoping for an actual spy flick instead of a straightforward action movie.

Does anyone else feel like screaming when you remember that Marvel doesn't own the rights to make a Spider-man movie? Because it really bothers me.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Does anyone else feel like screaming when you remember that Marvel doesn't own the rights to make a Spider-man movie? Because it really bothers me.

Yes, but more so because they don't have the rights to produce X-Men movies either!

Though The Amazing Spider-Man was actually half-decent by Fox's standards. I enjoyed it far more than any of the other Marvel films made by Fox. I'm looking forward to the second one at least.

Didn't Marvel get the rights back for Blade and Punisher? Think one or both of those characters need their own movies (made by Marvel).

I know nothing about GotG, but I won't lie, I'm f*cking excited for Rocket Raccoon!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

Trying to explain that GIF with Rocket Raccoon and Groot to my friend made me extremely excited for this movie.

It's a sentient Raccoon, yelling at the top of his lungs and firing a laser machine gun at god-knows-what-miles/hour while standing on a living tree voiced by Vin Diesel.

Now, Who in the right mind wouldn't wanna see that!?!?

• The Yokel likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

Vin Diesel would easily fit the role of Groot simply because of his manly voice.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:09 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 16 February 2014 - 03:11 AM.

Yes, but more so because they don't have the rights to produce X-Men movies either!

Though The Amazing Spider-Man was actually half-decent by Fox's standards. I enjoyed it far more than any of the other Marvel films made by Fox. I'm looking forward to the second one at least.

Didn't Marvel get the rights back for Blade and Punisher? Think one or both of those characters need their own movies (made by Marvel).

I know nothing about GotG, but I won't lie, I'm f*cking excited for Rocket Raccoon!
Here is a Venn diagram of who holds what rights...

tumblr_n0sbtcJKyr1qa0uujo1_1280.png

Man do I wish Marvel had all the rights. A "Secret Wars" or Avengers vs X-Men type super movie would have been f*cking amazing. Or just to see Spidey fighting with the Avengers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users