Photo

Marvel Cinematic Universe

403 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

He was being a pretentious dickbag, is what he meant to say. As in, "I'd hardly call that a film". tounge.gif

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 14:12)
He was being a pretentious dickbag, is what he meant to say. As in, "I'd hardly call that a film". tounge.gif

user posted image

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:25 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 29 August 2013 - 05:30 PM.

Okay, enough of this grab ass...

James Spader cast as Ultron

Not sure what this means. Will he just be the voice? Will he be wearing a costume? Will he be doing mo-cap? Or will the character have skin at some point?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

It's awesome whatever it is.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, he's an excellent choice. He's got a great voice for Ultron.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 13:25)
Okay, enough of this grab ass...

James Spader cast as Ultron

Not sure what this means. Will he just be the voice? Will he be wearing a costume? Will he be doing mo-cap? Or will the character have skin at some point?

Something tells me it'll be just voice (which I'm totally cool with) or motion capture. I don't think they'd want Ultron to be a tub.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

Not sure if it is confirmed or not, but Bradley Cooper rumored to be the voice of Rocket Racoon.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Cap'n 'Murrica Trailer:

f*ck, falcon looks rad.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

If it's half as good as the first one it will be awesome. First one was just that good. Although, it did have the best villain of all Marvel movies. Loki had nothing on Red Skull and his Hydra.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by Chukkles, 26 October 2013 - 09:58 PM.

I'm not that big on CA, he was great in Avengers though but not as weak as Nortons Hulk.
Well, I know the twist to who the villain is but I like the look of it because it has heavy shield involvement.
They left Stark alone for a while and are bugging Rogers.
Doesn't look like a heavy presence in Thor Dark World.
Are there any Hulk films planned yet?
I'm most interested to see if a Hulk film can work or is it just destined for failure?

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

It looks great but how can they explain the fact that Xavier is alive there?
Seems like a copout. Bring him back to make more films.
Then we'll have a true Marvel Xmen extended universe, sounds good, but how good can it be when they can just kill anyone and everyone and bring them back whenever?

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

It looks great but how can they explain the fact that Xavier is alive there?
Seems like a copout. Bring him back to make more films.
Then we'll have a true Marvel Xmen extended universe, sounds good, but how good can it be when they can just kill anyone and everyone and bring them back whenever?

If you'd watched until after the credits of TLS, you'd have known that Xavier was still alive since 2006.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

I know it's kind of confusing, because they're all Marvel properties, but X-Men are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and neither is Spider-Man.  The MCU are the movies that Marvel itself owns the film rights to, and are all being put together so to be in one continuity, which is why you see Tony Stark in the Incredible Hulk and not X-Men, and it's also why Wolverine and Spidey can't be in the Avengers movie, even though they technically are Avengers.  Here is a list of MCU movie franchises...

Hulk

Iron Man

Captain America

Thor

The Avengers

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

(rumored Dr. Strange)

The X-men's film rights are owned by Fox, and I think as well as Deadpool, Fantastic Four (this might have reverted back to Marvel with Daredevil as well) and Punisher.  Spider-Man's rights are owned by Sony.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

527aaef547fa0.jpg

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

I remember reading that Wolverine/Hugh Jackman was supposed to make a Cameo in Spider-Man(Sam Remi) but they couldn't find his costume. IDK, I just hope that Marvel can get the rights to Spidey and X-Men so we can see X-Men VS. Avengers. 

• CatDog96 likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 07 November 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Don't know if it's officially part of the MCU, but I think it's a pretty sure bet...

Marvel and Netflix to develop four new Marvel series and a mini-series

Burbank, Calif. - Nov 7, 2013—The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a mini-series programming event.
 Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York.  Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.  

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

527aaef547fa0.jpg

I got a 'Bona' right now too.

Also, reading about the Daredevil and Luke Cage shows sounds badass. Here's hoping for a Moonknight one!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I want a Punisher show, or maybe have Punisher show up in the Daredevil show.  They've always been a good odd couple of vigilantism.  Daredevil wants to use the justice system to take down criminals, and Punisher believes the system to be corrupt, and deals his own idea of justice.  Plus they both like to fight Kingpin.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

I think the Punisher would have a great standalone show, but I do like the idea of him being a recurring character show up in the Daredevil show. It would of course have to be played by Tom Jane.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

527aaef547fa0.jpg

I got a 'Bona' right now too.

Also, reading about the Daredevil and Luke Cage shows sounds badass. Here's hoping for a Moonknight one!

Brokeback Asguardian mountains.
  • CatDog96 likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 08 November 2013 - 06:43 PM.

Another bit of news coming out of the Disney annual shareholders meeting, or whatever this news is coming out of...

ABC rumored to be planning another Marvel series

It was made totally clear that ABC are currently developing another show with Marvel to go alongsideAgents of SHIELD.

Now, this may well be the Agent Carter show that we’ve heard talk of but which has not been officially announced. Or maybe it won’t. In any case, there’s an admission that Marvel TV Studios have another ABC show in the works. Not a surprise, but worth note.

Anyway, as for Thor, I was planning on seeing it tonight, but my little sister who I promised I would take is playing in her school band at the local high school football game.  So I have to wait until tomorrow morning.  :cry:

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Saw Thor the other day and as expected, it was great.

Spoiler
Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 November 2013 - 04:11 AM.

I saw Thor The Dark World.

Before I give my opinion on it, I would like to post something I said earlier this year about the first Thor movie...

I just watched Thor for the fifth or so time. Although its not that great I liked it. The biggest gripe I have with it is that it feels like the relationships between Thor and Loki, as well as Jane. I'll start with Jane. The relationship feels forced. They barely know each other and suddenly they're in love. She's crying over his dead body while Sif and the warriors three give them some space. It just doesn't feel natural. As for the relationship between Thor and Loki, it has so much going for it but falls flat. I enjoyed both actor's performances, but it just doesn't feel like there was enough time between them, showing the way they normally acted toward each other. In other words not enough bromancing going on.

If I were to re-write it, I would first off make Thor and Jane's relationship more of a puppy love type thing. Thor goes to earth, they bang it out. Thor leaves and says, "Maybe I'll come back." It'd feel more natural. Maybe give mention of Sif being jealous. That would clear some room to give more backstory on Thor and Loki, by having a few more scenes of them growing up.

I watched this movie, and I can imagine their backstory. Thor getting all the glory, and Loki in his shadow. But it's not enough. I enjoy those scenes where the actors are giving emotional performances, like in the interrogation room, but it's like looking at someone crying on a bus stop bench while you drive by going 50 mph. You think, "how sad". But you really don't care because you don't know them or their full story of why they are sad. All in all, it feels like there are gaps in the story. Oh well. Like I said I still enjoy it.

I think Thor 2, definitely brings a much more emotional and personal touch.  The characters are acting like they have a history, because now they kind of do.  The biggest thing I wanted out of The Dark World was for Thor and Loki to somewhat reconcile.  And they do just that.  
Spoiler
 And of course I believe more of the Thor/Jane relationship, because they have that made up history from the first movie.  So in this movie I believe more that they want to be together.  It's still a weak back story for their love, but I'll take it.  The only relationship I felt was lacking was Loki and Frigga, his and Thor's mother.  Personally I would have wanted Loki to feel more shame for his past actions in front of her.  He just seemed a little too proud of being a disappointment to her.  Odin, I don't think he would care about, but I'd like to think in Asgard, that a mother's disappointment is different than a father's.

As for the rest, there's more action, a few little twists, a lot more action, some emotional moments, and more action.  Obviously a lot of people who complained about the first movie's lack of Thor-like comic book action and battles should not be disappointed in this movie.

As for the Stingers (yes, there's two of them, like in the Avengers)
Spoiler

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

f*ck me, I went to the theater completely drunk off my socks and didn't understand/enjoy half the movie. This is the last time I'm doing something like this. Now I have to watch it all over again. :-/

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

1003234_10151805900456840_1491665112_n.j

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 14 November 2013 - 03:01 AM.

EDIT: Oops, thought this was the Agents of SHIELD topic.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

http://variety.com/2...man-1200756440/

I can see it.  As long as he's not too goofy.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

I could see him as a good snarky Hank Pym, but even moreso as Eric O'Grady. Read the Irredeemable Ant-Man by Robert Kirkman and Corey Walker - it's so f*cking great.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

Diesel as Groot:

roHuanr.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users