Photo

Marvel Cinematic Universe

441 replies to this topic
Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Almost Thanksgiving...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Thisguyherenow, 3 weeks ago.

There was a big event today hosted by Kevin Feige where he basically laid out everything happening in the MCU for the next five or so years. That was part of a preview video they showed.

Edit: here it is...

Spoiler

Wow !!  End of that trailer actually gave me goose bumps

Need to change my diet and reevaluate risky decisions I make in life to make sure that I live to watch all of this lol

Can not wait for Infinity War and Ragnorok and, hell, can't wait for all of them ..

Also don't know if this was mentioned but Captain Marvel is going to be Carol Danvers

http://www.avclub.co...eview:1:Default

• Moonshield likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm surprised yet not surprised that the main character will be Carol Danvers. Im surprised because, Mar Vell is a Kree and has a connection to Ronan the Accuser. But not surprised because everyone loves Carol Danvers, and if they aren't making a Black Widow movie they damn well better make some movie with a woman as the main character.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 3 weeks ago

2016 will be the best comic book movie year since 2008. Cap AND Strange and Batman vs. Superman. I'm getting goosebumps already.

Happy for Carol Danvers movie. I never saw that coming. I honestly thought Marvel would play it safe and do a Black Widow movie first, but I guess I should have learned by now that Marvel just do whatever they want. Inhumans on the other hand weren't such a surprise, after that recent push in comic books.

But, as always, Thunderbolts in Phase 4, please.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Does anyone else think that DC moved BvS because they knew Cap 3 would be an adaptation of Civil War? In the public's eye, right now, who would the mainstream choose? A Superman that's not so critically acclaimed with an unproven Batman. Or two extensions of a few of the highest grossing films in the last five years that are generally liked by critics?

If I were DC and knew that, I'd flinch.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 3 weeks ago

First black hero and first female hero movies for Marvel on the way.

Super stoked!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Marvel is quite diverse. It's just that the big hitters were all created in a less diverse time. Which is probably why they've recently given Sam Wilson (AKA Falcon, who is black) the title of Captain America, and made Thor a woman. If Lee and Kirby did that 50 years ago, diversity in comic superheroes wouldn't be an issue.

Although the prevailing thought is that, of course we'll see Steve Rogers as Cap again. Of course we'll see Thor as a man again. Probably just in time to tie into their new movies.

Anyway, I digress. I just really wish we could've gotten a Widow and/or Hawkeye movie based on their current ongoing comics. Hawkeye especially would be a nice change of pace compared to intergalactic battles and alien invasions.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Brobinski, 3 weeks ago.

Yeah it's a bit of a shame really that the sweet spot that satisfies the need for "heroes most people have heard of" is pretty far back in time, meaning we've only got big hitters like Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk etc. The massive success of these films is being capitalised on though, and I can see (as someone who has never read any comics at all, but enjoys the films) all these things that I've never heard of before coming through. Marvel's moving in the right direction with their success now that there is confidence in the name alone. The fact that people, myself included, will go to see a film about a character/characters they've never heard of just because of who the producers are means Marvel can wheel out more recent, diverse creations (or more recent incarnations of old characters, whatever) is really exciting for me.

I mean, they are just churning out Captain America/Iron Man/Thor #XXIV but bringing up new things along with them. And they're still good too, so that helps.

Guardians of the Galaxy just proved that too. It's easily my favourite Marvel movie to date and I had no clue who any of those guys were. I'd actually been apprehensive of this whole weird "cosmic" thing I'd heard about but now I'm stoked as sh*t for Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet stuff.

On a lighter note, can anybody give me a valid reason why Captain Marvel isn't the stupidest, laziest name for a hero ever?

E: Also, I'm glad we're not getting a Hawkeye movie. As a non-comic-reader the character just does nothing for me. He's just a guy. A guy who is admittedly a pretty good shot, but still just a guy. At least Black Widow has the whole chequered past angle going for her.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

As for Hawkeye, I highly suggest reading Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye. It's probably the best Marvel comic in years. It's where I got my avatar.

Anyway, here's the full "event" from yesterday...

• uNi and Thisguyherenow like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ahhhh no Hulk stand alone movie that I wanted for a while, ;(

• uNi likes this

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ll rdny ll, 3 weeks ago.

Pretty sure Feige said ten movies.. Could there be one they haven't announced yet?
Even if there isn't, Cap3, Black Panther, and Infinity War are plenty enough for me.

But I still stand by World War Hulk being an Avengers movie.

Edit: Ruffalo is signed on for 4 more movies after Age of Ultron. Which is good news for a solo movie, as I seriously doubt he'll be confined to Avengers for another 10+ years.

Here's what I see happening (In no way official, just my guess)

Spoiler

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Almost Thanksgiving...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Thisguyherenow, 3 weeks ago.

Edit:  never mind lol 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 2 weeks ago

Truly amazing. Got goosebumps from the video posted above. Definitely planning to watching Age of Ultron at Cinema's.

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Gangsta

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 2 weeks ago

Seeing Thanos with the Gauntlet made me feel 14 again...

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

New Antman & Age of Ultron footage:

Also is that Vision next to Scarlet Witch?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Looks like it.

What I want to know is who that is in the mo-cap suit next to Thor and Cap. If it's just a stand in, why blur his face?

I'm probably just over thinking it, he's most likely a stand in for a Ultron Drone, and they weren't clear if he has a contract for being seen on screen for documentary filming, or whatever.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted A week ago

So... We know of 3 versions of Ultron in this movie so far.

The "I'm a real boy!" Ultron:

ultron-590x329.png

The weekly entertainer Ultron:

_TM2O3.jpg

And Ultron:

ultonhi.jpg

Hope he slowly evolves into the Ultron we know, love and love to fear.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

First one reminds me a little bit of the Didact from Halo lol.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted A week ago

• uNi, Thisguyherenow and Zoobz like this

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Almost Thanksgiving...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Captain America Civil War adds Daniel Bruhl to the cast.  Not named at the moment but he will play the villain.

http://www.hollywood...war-adds-749167

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Who could he be? The Civil War story doesn't exactly have antagonists (that are apparent from the beginning). SPOILER
Spoiler
. But I guess movie fans need a clear cut evil villain that Cap and Iron Man need to rally against and be friends again.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

http://www.buzzfeed....nce-off-blu-ray

It's the most beautiful thing I'v ever seen in my life.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

GotG is out on Digital HD. I have to resist. I wish there were a way to get it digitally, and then when the blu ray comes out, they send you a copy. I'm getting the blu ray/digital copy anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users