Marvel Cinematic Universe

345 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:47 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 05 February 2014 - 06:05 PM.

The other topic was big so I thought I'd make a new one.

BREAKING NEWS
The sequel to the Avengers will be titled: Marvel's The Avengers: The Age of Ultron
https://twitter.com/...771225029386240
No word on if it is based on the recent comic "event" with the same title.

Marvel Comic-con panel: Movie round up...
http://www.huffingto...f=entertainment

Guardians of the Galaxy: Benicio Del Toro is the Collector, and Karen Gillan is Nebula (and bald): http://www.cinemable...ctor-38638.html Still no word on Rocket Raccoon's voice.

Apparently concept art from Guardians of the Galaxy: http://i.imgur.com/aeomsPP.jpg

Captain America: The Winter Soldier set images and Falcon Concept art: http://imgur.com/a/KpmU8

Thor: The Dark World: Tom Hiddleston in character as Loki introducing new unreleased footage:

Sadly, the footage wasn't captured. "You better watch out, Loki!"

Teaser Poster:
tumblr_mpt1edY3dx1qfdqy3o1_500.png

EDIT: The X-Men films are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  I direct you to this post on the 2nd page explaining why.  We should direct all discussion of those movies to this topic... http://gtaforums.com/topic/673483-x-men/

But if you want you can discuss them here, as long as it's relevant to the MCU.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Am I the only one that cares here?

New Thor poster...

user posted image

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'd be contributing to the thread more but Iron Man 3 kind of disappointed me, meaning I'm kind of worried of a decline in quality of these films as they go on. I also recently broke up with a Marvel/Avengers obsessive fan, overall leaving a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to anything Marvel.

That said I am somewhat excited for Phase 2. Thor is my personal favourite character in the MCU lineup meaning I'm most hyped for Thor: TDW. The dynamic he has with non-Asgardians and his brother is really entertaining to watch as well as the original Thor having f*cking great music and visuals (dat Asgard). However what I've seen so far of the sequel in trailers, combined with a mediocre IM3, leaves me slightly concerned. I'll wait to see it to judge it though.

Guardians of the Galaxy seems interesting though, since I assume it's currently entirely separate to the rest of the MCU for the time being. I wonder how it's going to relate to the overall story of the universe and I'm excited to see if the series reaches a more epic scope because of it. Also bald Karen Gillan, Rocket Racoon and possibly Thanos? Count me in.

Despite me largely enjoying the first Captain America film due to its WWII setting, The Winter Soldier could do interesting things with Steve adjusting to the modern world (though I did think this with Tony in IM3 and his experience in the Avengers - again, disappointing) as well as how they'll handle the whole Winter Soldier thing and what not. In general I'm not as excited for this one as I am the others but who knows, I could end up loving it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Wasn't Bucky the winter soldier?
Correct me if I'm wrong I'm not well versed in the comics.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:20)
Wasn't Bucky the winter soldier?
Correct me if I'm wrong I'm not well versed in the comics.

Not sure if spoilers are warranted for that. Even though it's pretty well known inside the comic world.

But yeah, Bucky is the Winter Soldier.

TonyStark
  • TonyStark

Billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by TonyStark, 04 August 2013 - 04:11 PM.

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 21:17)
I'd be contributing to the thread more but Iron Man 3 kind of disappointed me, meaning I'm kind of worried of a decline in quality of these films as they go on. I also recently broke up with a Marvel/Avengers obsessive fan, overall leaving a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to anything Marvel.

That said I am somewhat excited for Phase 2. Thor is my personal favourite character in the MCU lineup meaning I'm most hyped for Thor: TDW. The dynamic he has with non-Asgardians and his brother is really entertaining to watch as well as the original Thor having f*cking great music and visuals (dat Asgard). However what I've seen so far of the sequel in trailers, combined with a mediocre IM3, leaves me slightly concerned. I'll wait to see it to judge it though.

Guardians of the Galaxy seems interesting though, since I assume it's currently entirely separate to the rest of the MCU for the time being. I wonder how it's going to relate to the overall story of the universe and I'm excited to see if the series reaches a more epic scope because of it. Also bald Karen Gillan, Rocket Racoon and possibly Thanos? Count me in.

Despite me largely enjoying the first Captain America film due to its WWII setting, The Winter Soldier could do interesting things with Steve adjusting to the modern world (though I did think this with Tony in IM3 and his experience in the Avengers - again, disappointing) as well as how they'll handle the whole Winter Soldier thing and what not. In general I'm not as excited for this one as I am the others but who knows, I could end up loving it.

Hopefully Thor has a much larger role in Avengers: Age of Ultron, he felt a little under used in the first movie. Thankfully Cap got plenty screen time biggrin.gif

GOTG seems to be coming along quite well, and what with one character actually working for Thanos. I think GOTG might even help shape phase 3 just a little bit. Thanos stealing the infinity gauntlet maybe? Wait, wasn't that spotted in Odin's vault?

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

I'm not really looking forward to Phase 2. They seem to be churning out these movies and I just feel like they're rushed most of the time. The Avengers was nothing special, Captain America seemed like it was only manufactured for The Avengers. This is just my opinion though. I'm not really enjoying Marvel-based stuff this side of the decade.

TonyStark
  • TonyStark

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

I think Captain America could of benefited a little more if he had another movie set during WW2 before moving into modern times.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

NEW THOR TRAILER

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Looks really good, I'm actually really looking forward to it. Of all those films, Thor is by far my favourite - it's the theme it has, it's interesting and it's fascinating.

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

X-Men Days Of Future Past look's good the only thing i dislike about it is Quicksilver. As i read he is an antagonist a villan so he will be a villan in days of future past and avengers 2 right? God marvel sometimes why can't it be dr strange or black panther but this guy? Quicksilver has already ruined my hype for this movie

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

The thing I hate is that they can't use the same actor for both roles. They can't connect the MCU and X-men through even a character. Hell, in the MCU they can't even mention the name Quicksilver, and they can't even mention that he's a mutant. I'm not sure how they're going to pull that off.

TonyStark
  • TonyStark

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 02:50)
The thing I hate is that they can't use the same actor for both roles. They can't connect the MCU and X-men through even a character. Hell, in the MCU they can't even mention the name Quicksilver, and they can't even mention that he's a mutant. I'm not sure how they're going to pull that off.

What about Extremis?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Probably. But then why even have the character?

P.S. It might be the other way around, I think Disney/Marvel can't use the name "Pietro Maximoff", but can use the name "Quicksilver".

TonyStark
  • TonyStark

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by TonyStark, 12 August 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Ah, i read your last post completely wrong. I thought you was talking about how Quicksilver would have his powers for some reason, my mistake.

I'm farely certain Marvel/Disney can't call them by their codenames 'Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch' but can thier real names. I'll have to check up on that though.

EDIT: Here's a gift for all you GOTG fans

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 12 August 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Man, GoG is going to blow people away. Most people aren't really familiar with them (myself admittedly haven't read much of it, I'll probably pick up the Marvel Now TPB when it comes out), but I hope they can appreciate it.

Glenn Close as Nova Prime and someone who could be Nova?... http://i.imgur.com/KBjrIb2.jpg

TonyStark
  • TonyStark

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by TonyStark, 12 August 2013 - 09:42 PM.

To be honest i'm a real novice when it comes to the Guardians. I did have a few doubts about the movie though, mainly Rocket Raccoon. I can get around a talking tree but, a raccoon? I'm still on the fence with that one. But man I must admit, he looks pretty badass in those gifs.

Any word on Nova actually being in the movie? Wouldn't suprise me if Nova Prime dies at some point through it.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by Backfire6, 12 August 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Where did you get those gifs!!??? O:!

Ya I've done research for GOTG. So I know what I am getting into when watching it. I know names etc even villains. But ya I am hyped about it.

Oh in case people were wondering Ultron is a classic villian for The Avengers. His first appearance was in Avengers Issue 54 in 1968.
From Volume 1.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

Okay, I've been wondering this for a while. I've seen that there are three "phases" and each one will contain a set of movies. But why?

Why is this whole thing divided into phases? What are they for? What is the production company or whatever leading up to; what happens after phase three is complete?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, I can see Nova Prime dying and Nova becoming the new Nova Prime, which I think happens in the comic. But don't quote me on that, because I'm just as ignorant about Nova as GoG.

As for Rocket, although I haven't read much GoG, I'm a big fan of small creatures with big guns and personalities.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 16:16)
Okay, I've been wondering this for a while. I've seen that there are three "phases" and each one will contain a set of movies. But why?

Why is this whole thing divided into phases? What are they for? What is the production company or whatever leading up to; what happens after phase three is complete?

Each phase leads up to a full on Avengers movie. So the first phase was all the movies leading up to and including the Avengers. Phase 2 is all the movies leading up to and including Avengers: Age of Ultron, and so on. Apparently they have all the movies planned out up to 2021.

TonyStark
  • TonyStark

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

I read the 2021 thing too, i'm going to be spending so much cash in cinemas. Yeah you're right Darth, Nova does become Nova Prime.
I'm excited to see how they do Doctor Strange in phase 3, apparently he's going to be the 'glue' to Avengers 3, like how Cap 2 is the 'glue' to Age of Ultron.

Pretty good fan poster: http://media.bestlit...ron-poster2.jpg

Here's hoping to Ultron kicking The Avengers ass' till the last battle biggrin.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Can't wait for Guardians Of The Galaxy and Captain America 2. Since John C. Reilly is cast as Rhomann Dey, I think it could be possible that Nova (Richard Rider) may be introduced or referenced in the movie or it could be Sam Alexander (not a big fan) since MCU is mostly associated with the Ultimate universe and not 616. Even though Sam is like officially part of the 616 universe now.

Rhomann Dey's the leader of the Nova Corps and he got in a fight with this guy named Zorr. Turns out Zorr was too much for Dey, so Dey got weak and and flew to Earth ahead of Zorr to transfer his powers into Richard Rider (which he randomly chose). It's similar to that Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds lol. So it might be possible that this could be in the GOTG movie.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

On set shots of Michael Rooker

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

"cinematic" is too generous

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Look up the definition of cinematic.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Is Ultron or Thanos going to play a big role in Avengers 2?
Because so far we have been teased with Thanos but seems like the movie title says otherwise...

TonyStark
  • TonyStark

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ultron is the main villian in Avengers 2. I read a few rumors a while back that Crossbones might appear aswell.
Thanos is being saved for Avengers 3, but will be involved in Guardians of the Galaxy in some sort of way.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 02:03)
Look up the definition of cinematic.

No luck, but I did find this.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

So you were being sarcastic, meaning that you really meant that "cinematic" is not too generous? Because that's what it would be if you were being sarcastic.

In that case, yes cinematic is an appropriate word to describe a movie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users