What happens when you get drunk?

42 replies to this topic
Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 02:02)
I just hate Vodka these days. Always detested the taste of it,

That's the point of it. It's for people who want to drink but can't stand the taste.

Then again, I'm the kind of person who gets angry when someone says anything other than a mixture of gin, vermouth, and 1-3 olives is a Martini.

Maybe you guys should try flavored vodka?

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 02:09)
QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 02:02)
I just hate Vodka these days. Always detested the taste of it,

That's the point of it. It's for people who want to drink but can't stand the taste.

Yeah I know what you mean, it gets sh*t done in terms of getting you drunk. But I do like to enjoy what I drink.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:09)

Yeah, something just isn't right about this sentence. What is the point of drinking something if you don't enjoy it. Cooke said that it'll get you drunk but again, can't you just get drunk by drinking something that I don't know that you enjoy?

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 02:24)
Yeah, something just isn't right about this sentence. What is the point of drinking something if you don't enjoy it.

Wait, what? I don't recall saying something like that. The point of drinking vodka is to get piss dunk not to like the taste. Vodka never tastes good, unless you mix it with something or flavor it.

Cooke said that it'll get you drunk but again, can't you just get drunk by drinking something that I don't know that you enjoy?

I don't know what this series of words even mean.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:53 AM Edited by im_stoned, 22 July 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Back in 2010 I was really depressed. I was drinking at 8am one mourning. Ended up falling over and breaking my hand. However I was so out of it I didn't even know till a day later. I mean my hand was sore I knew that but I didn't know how bad. I remember sitting their drinking a bottle of water in like 2 seconds flat because I was so dehydrated. Surprisingly I wasn't hung over the next day. I did have to call in work and tell them I couldn't come in and I was out of action for 6 weeks.

I don't know why i'm telling this story. Just felt like it . I still to this day can't remember falling over it happened when I was walking to a mates place. I remember helping him clean up his dog sh*t. I'm sitting their blind drunk cleaning up dogsh*t like I give zero ****'s

I do remember most of the day oddly enough. I remember going and getting a pizza and everything. It's just falling over I can't remember know matter how hard I try.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by shoumic, 22 July 2013 - 03:06 AM.

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:48)

Can't you get 'piss' drunk by drinking something you enjoy? That's what I meant. Or are there people who enjoy the bad taste? I don't know, I never drink. The purpose of drinking vodka is to get really drunk and not to like the taste? I guess I understand.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 02:57)
QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:48)

Can't you get 'piss' drunk by drinking something you enjoy? That's what I meant. Or are there people who enjoy the bad taste? I don't know, I never drink. The purpose of drinking vodka is to get really drunk and not to like the taste? I guess I understand.

If you're buying quality vodka than you won't have to worry about the taste.

AKalashnikov
  • AKalashnikov

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:58 AM Edited by AKalashnikov, 22 July 2013 - 05:06 AM.

As a few people have said I didn't get hangovers until I was out of my teens. I'm glad I'm not the only one, I had a lot of theories in regard to the reason for it. I was drinking as much and sometimes more than I do now as well, so I could never figure it. In order to get proper drunk I probably need close to 3/4 of a bottle of vodka, drinking that excessively doesn't particularly appeal to me now, though. I have a good chance of getting arrested or hit by a car in the moment, not to mention succumbing to alcohol related illness later in life if I'm drinking that much on a regular basis. In terms of impairment my coordination barely suffers, I don't lose my balance. I've swam in the surf and ran full speed completely sh*t-faced on multiple occasions without any negative repercussions. I practice these things a lot sober, so that might have something to do with it.

The biggest setback is probably that I draw too much attention to myself and people sometimes perceive me as being aggressive when it feels completely different from my end. A lot of people assume I'm on harder drugs when I'm just drunk, I get overly excited and wide eyed so it's understandable. Segments and specifics in terms of what happened become a black out as well. Sometimes I can't distinguish between whether I ran into someone I haven't seen since third grade or if it was an alcohol related dream. I move around too quickly and lose the people I showed up with to pubs/clubs more often than not as well, so it's hard to piece together the order in which things took place or whether they took place at all. I don't get headaches with the hangovers fortunately, I always make sure to rehydrate myself when I get home. The psychological effects of being hungover are much worse for me, the anxiety surrounding something bad that happened the night before whether it be a fight or a heated argument is never good. The best cure I've found other than the obvious dehydration cures is more sleep or hanging out with someone.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

You can drink without getting drunk. It's called moderation.. and if you drink and blackout each time, then chances are you have an alcohol problem, may want to slow it down or seek help.

Anyways, I prefer whiskey, I don't get 'drunk' often.. but I do get quite buzzed on a regular basis. Couple weekends ago I got smashed after drinking 1.75 liters of some Canadian whiskey. That hangover, motherfoaker.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Alcohol increases my confidence. Which is a god send when I'm out clubbing.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

1. I get very talkative
2. Always spill my drink on my shirt
3. Always have the urge to workout or run around and climb stuff

Bascially, I become a monkey when I drink

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

I never got drunk enough to pass out, but I did get quite drunk a few times to have some problems with walking and also causing me to vomit. I have a low tolerance to alcohol which is related to my weight I think. Vomiting used to be my signal to stop drinking. I didn't even need to drink a lot to get there. Alcohol makes me more confident and talkative as well, but it's not that noticeable. I'm usually like that around the people I know well enough and the confidence boost provided by the alcohol isn't much. Last time I got drunk I couldn't even ask a guy to give me a cigarette; I had to ask one of my closer friends to ask him. I don't get violent or arrogant when I drink. I become more mellow and friendly in fact. Alcohol also makes me feel quite awkward which is one of the reasons I don't like it.

I pretty much don't drink anymore, and when I do, I only drink so much that it will barely affect me. I don't like alcoholic drinks so much. I find that the higher the amount of alcohol the crappier the drink is. While I'm not afraid that drinking will turn me into a horrible person (since I know how it affects me), I generally prefer not to drink at all to avoid any consequences that could result from drinking and I think life is just as fun sober (maybe even more fun for me since I don't enjoy drinking).

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:19)
and climb stuff

Bascially, I become a monkey when I drink

I do that sobre.

I used to set fires when I was a drunk teenager, people could follow my path by following the burning yellow bins they used to hang on posts. What a dumb twat, but I used to find those fires beautiful

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users