What happens when you get drunk?

42 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heit leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

What happens when you guys get drunk? The other night, I went to Global down in Colorado and after the party, I went back to my buddy's place to party. I had two bottles of punch flavored Jack Daniels, half of a bottle of malt beer, and I was about to finish a shot of Jager before I ended up throwing it up because it tasted like sh*t. It was weird, though, because that from what people say, drinking impairs your vision and stuff, and so on. However, my vision was fine. The only problem was that I couldn't stand/walk straight and I slurred, from what my buddies told me. Also, when I woke up in the morning, I didn't feel hung over or anything. If anything, I felt like I normally did when I wake up. Did I not get drunk enough to experience the full effects of it or am I doing it wrong?

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

You are the chosen one!

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

I never get hangovers but somehow I almost always manage to black out. That and I can't walk for sh*t. I'm not a big fan of drinking because of it.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

I'm not too sure myself on how to achieve that impaired vision effect. I don't drink much at all but the few occasions I did I found that a pretty large mix of Jack Daniels, Strawberry Margarita, and Smirnoff would just make me really talkative and completely anxiety free in addition to a sort of numbing effect and that slight difficulty to keep balance while walking as you explained.

On the other hand, during New Years Eve 2011 when I had 6 shots of vodka (don't know what kind) 4 shots of rum (don't know what kind) and a cup of tequila I felt extremely light, like a feather. Not only did this put me off balance horribly but my head was spinning and it was impossible to focus on one area. I even fell down a couple of times.

I'm guessing it's all about the quality. I don't plan to drink again anytime soon as both experiences gave me panic attacks afterwards and just an overall uncomfortable feeling. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

I believe it depends on what you drink.

I start dozing off if it's vodka.

With whiskey, I'm chatty and happy as f*ck.

With beer, I become more talkative and more daring but pretty much the same. I get angry easily. As well as happy, sad, mellow etc. Then I eventually pass out somewhere after remembering to kick my shoes off so I don't get dicks drawn on my face.

It also depends on who I'm with and how much I'm drinking but generally I'm louder and more outgoing when drunk. I also find myself spewing a lotsa bullsh*t, like I'm doing right now.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

it depends on what you drink but it also really depends on the person and their experience with booze.

everyone's body is different.
everyone handles alcohol differently.

there's no such thing as doing it right or wrong... except for binge drinking.
that's retarded.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:04 AM Edited by finn4life, 21 July 2013 - 03:11 AM.

It really depends a lot.

It depends on how you're feeling when you start drinking, how much food you ate, how active you are, what the environment is like ect.
If you are in a dark place with not much interesting happening, you won't feel as drunk as if you were in a night club or a busy pub, i'm thinking you didn't really drink enough, you will know one day when you are pretty drunk. When you get really really drunk, believe it or not, you can forget most of what happened, a few weeks ago I went out and got stupid drunk, there is a 3 hour hole in my memory, my friends told me what happened, but I don't remember really anything and I was at hospital and driving around and stuff, crazy when that happens, a little scary as well.

Also about hangovers, A lot of people don't get them too bad, it depends really, for me, I have never gotten a headache from drinking alcohol like some people do, and when I wake I usually feel okay, I am often spaced out and throughout the day I don't function quite right, but it's not too bad usually.

Also about blurred vision, I actually can't remember that well, but I do have a couple brief memories of looking at my phone and the screen is just fuzz. Sending messages like that usually just ends up like "hepogr oiafjao uai dkn" haha.

EDIT: Drink lots and lots of water when you do drink, you'll feel so much better for it next day. A bottle of powerade/gatorade before you go to sleep is perfect.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

I have different levels. On my 20th birthday last year, which is the drunkest I've ever been, I couldn't even walk. My friends had to carry me into my house. I urinated all over my chair in my room as well later that night. It wasn't that I pissed myself, I mean I didn't just lay in my chair and soil my underwear. I actually woke up, stood up, and mistook it for the toilet. I'm sitting in that chair right now, it's dry now and been cleaned. I've not been anywhere near that level since, thank god. Also like finn said, I can't remember anything of that night at all. That's probably the only time I've blacked out the entire night.

Drinking stuff that I don't like seems to get me really drunk. I could do maybe 4-5 shots of a spirit that I like, in a row, and not have it affect me all that much. But if it was something I hate the taste of, like sambuca, it would wreck me.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

I say inappropriate things, and have a hard time reading sh*t. I've heard I'm a fun drunk though.
Only time I blacked out was the first time I did Jello shots. I knocked back like 15 of those things and woke up in the kitchen pantry.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

Don't get hangovers. cool.gif

Bur my feeling when drunk is much the same as universetwisters. Slurred words and hard to maintain balance etc. When I get really drunk I can't speak for some reason. Might sound like a laugh but it's hard to function without the ability to communicate.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

There's this legal sh*t you can buy which are class for hangovers/comedowns, forget the name. Those athletic drinks like powerade (was mentioned above) are good as well they are pretty much useless to anyone but athletes/alcoholics, someone with a desk a job will get little benefit for example.

f*ck was I on about anyway, oh yeah the darker spirits are murder for hangover and I love my brandy straight with ice so just have to put up with it. I don't really get drunk on it though can cane brandy all night and its more a stimulant. Nasty hangover tho.

" However, my vision was fine."

Maybe you're the only person in the world who's eyes don't get drunk. You'll be dragged off to the lab and studied like a freak

"am I doing it wrong?"

biggrin.gif

Sorry that just killled me. I gottta go it 6am I'm losin the plot. There's another solution to hangovers, don't sleep. Also benzos.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

I can't really tolerate alcohol well enough to get to the levels some others speak of enjoying. When the room is spinning around, and you're nauseas, stumbling around, etc. Usually when I get that drunk I just feel miserable and want to go to sleep. Others seem to find it fun, but I don't know I tend to stay on the lighter side of "drunk". I've found that there are some pretty wide extremes from one person's "drunk" to another person's "buzzed".

Seriously though, myself personally, when the world starts spinning, I'm sweating buckets and I feel like I'm going to puke, that's when I'm not longer having fun. I've been that way after about 1/2 a bottle of Vodka. Some people call this "drunk". I call it misery.

I only really like to get drunk to the point where I'm a little bit dizzy, once I get to where the room is spinning around I don't have much fun any more. Another thing is that you might find yourself repeating things... So about the most noteable effects on me from alcohol are lack of balance, stumbling around, and then on the odd occasion I've had the impaired vision. I wouldn't really say it's akin to "beer goggles" or really blurry vision... I just found myself thinking "sh*t why can't I see well right now?" "Oh yeah, I've just had a bunch of shots."

I think most of the effects people talking about aren't really constants, even for the same person who drinks the same amount every time.

As far as hangovers go... Wow... Let me tell you, when you first start drinking and everything and you don't get hangovers, count your blessings and wait for the rude awakening. Plus not all hangovers are created equally. Sometimes it's just a really light feeling kind of crappy. Other times your head is splitting so bad you just want to die.

Overall I think alcohol is pretty nasty stuff... If you really think about the effects it puts you through when under such effects, you'd realize it's actually doing quite a lot of physiological harm. Pouring out sweat, impaired vision, feeling nausea... Those are not really good things your body is going through. In fact it can lead to irregular heart rhythms and all sorts of increased risk for a heart attack just by being that intoxicated. Then of course there's alcohol poisoning... It's particularly deadly because it's kind of hard to discern between symptoms of just being really drunk, or being at risk of dying from alcohol poisoning. Because honestly, being reallllly drunk, most doctors would recommend a person be in a hospital bed if they were exhibiting those kind of symptoms for unknown reasons.

Psstt...

I'm "drunk" right now

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

It does vary. Me and some friends were getting drunk as sh*t and I was the only one that didn't yack on myself, but unlike everyone else, I couldn't stand up straight. I even fell down some steps. This was still better than the other 2 guys I was with, though. I couldn't understand a damn thing they were saying, and they stopped calling me by name.

The next day, we concluded that I held on better than them because I'm Black...

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

I don't really have friends so I got seriously introduced to drinking quite late, when I was 16, first proper party and I drunk one cider and about 1/3 of bottle of vodka. I felt drunk but in a pretty good way for like an hour and then I blacked out. Woke up somehow in my own bed covered in sick. I've blacked out once after that too and let me tell you it does not make you happy. Even when I don't black out then time seems to go a lot faster and it's very difficult to remember what went on. I prefer being"buzzed" feeling to actually being drunk.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Sly Bastard

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Punch flavored JD huh? Well most of the time I blackout so I can't help you there,word of advice if you fall asleep don't do it on your back.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• Leone Family Mafia
  • European-Union

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

I've been absolutely smashed to the point of barely being able to sit up, throwing up, unintelligible etc. but I've never had a hangover the day after. At the worst, usually when I drink a lot but don't throw up, I wake up feeling a little nauseous. But yes, it does vary.
  • The Yokel likes this

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

It really does very from person to person and what you drink. Back in my mid teens I drank so much cider that I was rolling around in my own vomit and lit cigerette ends, got mugged for my watch by the local drug dealer and then fell through my front door when I got home.

Nowadays (I'm 31 now) I tend to not drink huge amounts (although I do drink regularly) but if I have a big session I tend to just be happy, sit with a stupid smile on my face and eventually pass out! I haven't been sick on alcohol in about ten years. Even after really heavy sessions I'll just pass out.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by I So Brink, 21 July 2013 - 05:47 PM.

To anyone who claims they don't get hangovers, there are three possible causes:

1. You are very young. I didn't get "proper" hangovers 'til I was like 18/19. Now I'm generally hungover whenever I party. From what I'm told it'll only get worse.

2. (The most likely) You are not getting drunk. You are drinking yes, but you are not partying. Not properly at least.

3. You are an alcoholic. You don't realise it, but you're always hungover.

Bonus Option 4 (The actual most likely): You are talking out your arse.

Alcohol is a drug. Drugs have very clear and specific effects on the human physiology. You might have a bit of a tolerance and there is a bit of give in how it will affect you, but you are not a special, unique snowflake. You drink enough whiskey in one sitting, you're gonna be ill.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

To be fair, proper nutrition and hydration can vastly relieve the effects of hangovers. Drinking a lot of water in between shots works for me, I rarely feel like sh*t the next day. I do sometimes get bad stomach aches, but I've not gotten headaches or sensitivity to light etc like I used to.

As for when I'm drunk: I'm extremely egocentric and charismatic. I'm usually always selfish but it especially shines when I'm drunk. I will usually just banter around and make really grand gestures to others, or try to evoke certain emotions from others. When I'm especially turnt up I do have passages where I black out, though. Like, I'll blink and it'll be forty minutes later and I'll be dancing with someone, then I blink again and I'm outside smoking with friends. That's pretty much how nights with alcohol go for me.
  • Moth likes this

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Well last time I got sh*tfaced was in Cabo. I had at least nine shots of tequila with some people from Chicago. That was on top of all the other free drinks. Anyway when I get drunk I am very talkative and flirty. I like to make people laugh and if I am with my fiancee I will be all over her. I dont dance much when sober but I will dance in a second while I'm drunk. Apparently when we were in Cabo and I got drunk I was talking to everyone who would listen and even had a couple of drinks with two old ladies whom I made good friends with (I dont remember this part but there are pictures). My fiancees mom said that they couldn't tell I was drunk because they would ask me questions and in would answer them clearly and correctly. I dont even remember them asking me stuff. My vision gets all floaty, I can only walk in a straight line while on my way to the bathroom and I talk very coherently apparently.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

I never got hungover as a teenager. I don't think I got seriously hungover until maybe 21. And I drank like a fish. I drank more than I drink today, and it seems like if I have three or more beers I feel like sh*t later.

As for the effects. They're typical of what you hear about. Lowered inhibitions, slow reflexes, slurred speech, and I get a lot more chatty.

NathanT
  • NathanT

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (I So Brink @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 18:45)
To anyone who claims they don't get hangovers, there are three possible causes:

1. You are very young. I didn't get "proper" hangovers 'til I was like 18/19. Now I'm generally hungover whenever I party. From what I'm told it'll only get worse.

2. (The most likely) You are not getting drunk. You are drinking yes, but you are not partying. Not properly at least.

3. You are an alcoholic. You don't realise it, but you're always hungover.

Bonus Option 4 (The actual most likely): You are talking out your arse.

Alcohol is a drug. Drugs have very clear and specific effects on the human physiology. You might have a bit of a tolerance and there is a bit of give in how it will affect you, but you are not a special, unique snowflake. You drink enough whiskey in one sitting, you're gonna be ill.

Or maybe it's because you're not dehydrated as that's the main cause of a hangover...... sarcasm.gif

I've only really had one and that was because I drank way too much and vodka doesn't seem to like me anyway and just seems to make me ill.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

When I'm drunk things don't quite seem like they're really happening, like if something out of the ordinary happens I'll repeatedly ask those around me if it really happened, like last time I was drunk I made out with a female friend of mine and for the whole night I was asking if it really happened, every 10 mins or so! I get all the usual stuff like slowed reactions etc. My walking gets a little off my speech also slows a little but I wouldn't say it becomes slurred.

On the psychological side of things I feel pretty confident when drunk, not to the extreme where I make myself look like a cock, on the 'Confidence to cock scale' I sit just about right, I also tend to talk to people I wouldn't normally talk too and I'm more outgoing, again though not to where I become a cock.

I also have never had a hangover, no matter how much alcohol there is in my system the next day I feel almost 100%. It doesn't take long for me to sober up either so once I start drinking you'll almost always see me with a beer in my hand.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

I mostly just use vodka to get drunk. i just get drowsy and start talking all sorts of crap for a few hours then drop down if i drank too heavily. but never get hangovers luckily.

With whisky its a bit different. i dont feel tired at all. but its the same with the sh*t unconscious talking..

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

When I get drunk I never stop drinking.

I drink beer, vodka or rum.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (NathanT @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 18:19)
I drank way too much and vodka doesn't seem to like me anyway

Don't take it personally, Vodka doesn't tend to get on with most. biggrin.gif

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 00:33)

I'm a brandy/cognac kinda guy, nothing like Courvosier or Hennessy to get the party started, anyone who is a fan of Hennessy should try Hennessy and apple juice, there's nothing quite like it Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

NathanT
  • NathanT

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 01:51)
QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 00:33)

I'm a brandy/cognac kinda guy, nothing like Courvosier or Hennessy to get the party started, anyone who is a fan of Hennessy should try Hennessy and apple juice, there's nothing quite like it Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

@Joseph: I can handle anything else, just vodka f*cks me up and I feel sick for the next 4 days. mercie_blink.gif barf8bd.gif

@ryan_J: I tried that with pineapple juice once and it tasted.....odd to say the least. I can imagine it being nicer with apple

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 05:07)
What happens when you guys get drunk? The other night, I went to Global down in Colorado and after the party, I went back to my buddy's place to party. I had two bottles of punch flavored Jack Daniels, half of a bottle of malt beer, and I was about to finish a shot of Jager before I ended up throwing it up

I think U throwing up could have a huge difference on your hangover....

Last time I drank so that I had a blurry vision and sh*t, I ended up having a hangover for 2 days. It was my first experience having a 2 days hangover. I was drunk still the next day when I woke up and felt sh*t later that day, next day I had a small headache and was tired as f*ck.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (NathanT @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 00:58)
@Joseph: I can handle anything else, just vodka f*cks me up and I feel sick for the next 4 days. mercie_blink.gif barf8bd.gif

I just hate Vodka these days. Always detested the taste of it, but last time I was out someone slipped it into my Jager Meister and it wasn't fun. Put me off it.

---

One drink I do enjoy is a mix of Blue WKD and Red Aftershock, I think some call it Diesel, purely for it's taste. But my my, it leaves me with a killer headache the next morning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users