Photo

What is the best way to get to/from Shoreside Vale

24 replies to this topic
Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

Aside from using the flying car cheat, what is the altogether best way, in your opinion? Subway (Blue Hell), pushing cars through the ground (Blue Hell), other holes leading to Blue Hell, boat, or the Dodo? Or some way I haven't even heard of yet?

And if you say one of the first two, I may have some questions. The subway method is unreliable for me, and I haven't found a place I can push a car through the ground in Staunton whatsoever.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

The main reason I complete the Portland Import/Export garage is so I have a Dodo to fly to Shoreside after I open Staunton. But if you've missed that opportunity, I saw a video somewhere that involves driving a car in the subway to the Francis International stop and jumping from the top of your car through a soft spot in the wall next to the boarding platform, and you spawn on the other side of the barrier.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (boygilroy @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 17:19)
The main reason I complete the Portland Import/Export garage is so I have a Dodo to fly to Shoreside after I open Staunton.

Then how do you get to Shoreside to get the Dodo in order to complete the I/E garage in the first place?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

-_-

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:50 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 21 July 2013 - 04:52 PM.

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 16:48)
QUOTE (boygilroy @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 17:19)
The main reason I complete the Portland Import/Export garage is so I have a Dodo to fly to Shoreside after I open Staunton.

Then how do you get to Shoreside to get the Dodo in order to complete the I/E garage in the first place?

Well, there are many different glitches that can help a player get to these locations early, one of these being the glitch that allows you to fall through the water and land on the top of the Porter Tunnel at the edge of portland:

Once you are in Staunton Island, you can use the Porter Tunnel to get to Shoreside Vale as that part of the tunnel is not blocked off at the start of the game.

Also, to Vic2.0 - The Dodo is one of the best ways and also the second one about pushing cars through the ground, it is tricky but this is how you do it:

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (boygilroy @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 15:19)
The main reason I complete the Portland Import/Export garage is so I have a Dodo to fly to Shoreside after I open Staunton. But if you've missed that opportunity, I saw a video somewhere that involves driving a car in the subway to the Francis International stop and jumping from the top of your car through a soft spot in the wall next to the boarding platform, and you spawn on the other side of the barrier.

Yes, if this is the one I'm thinking about, it's the one I called unreliable. Roughly 75% of the time, it only respawns Claude a few feet away, still in the subway. The rest of the time, it spawns him above ground at the airport.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 16:50)
QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 16:48)
Well, there are many different glitches that can help a player get to these locations early

And if one considers use of such glitches as "cheating", there is still one way over to Staunton before the bridge is repaired:

Whatever the method used, no barrier exists in the Porter tunnel between Staunton and Shoreside (because it's currently blocking the Portland end).

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 15:06)
And if one considers use of such glitches as "cheating", there is still one way over to Staunton before the bridge is repaired:

A good point. I'm not the least bit shy about admitting the reason I steer clear of cheat CODES is purely for fear of corrupting my file, not because I think using the glitches is somehow more honorable than tapping in a cheat code.

Beyond that, I play for fun. And I've the integrity to keep from cheating in ANY way, shape, or form when playing a game the first time through; that's good enough for me!

Whatever the method used, no barrier exists in the Porter tunnel between Staunton and Shoreside (because it's currently blocking the Portland end).

Yeah, that's why I was asking specifically about ways to/from Shoreside after Staunton's been unlocked.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

It kinda boggles me that they wanted to block access to Staunton and Shoreside at the start of the game, but apart from the glitches (which they surely didn't do on purpose) and the cheat you can actually jump to the other side of the bridge.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:08)
It kinda boggles me that they wanted to block access to Staunton and Shoreside at the start of the game, but apart from the glitches (which they surely didn't do on purpose) and the cheat you can actually jump to the other side of the bridge.

Well again, I'm talking about getting from Staunton Island to Shoreside Vale (I don't think you can jump across that one, hehe) after you've unlocked Staunton.

I kind of agree with you on the whole blocking the islands thing, or at least the last one. I mean, in terms of the storyline, it's literally one mission that you get in Shoreside. You kinda feel cheated out of a third of the game because you expect it to have about as many missions as the other two islands. At least I did.

That's in addition to the absurdity of having a bridge that lifts for no apparent reason and the "damaged mechanism" making it impossible to lower the thing. I mean, you'd think they'd be able to lower it some way for the sake of the two islands that have been cut off from the mainland, or set up a ferry like in LCS, something!

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

If this is in regards to unique vehicle collection, I'd just stick to pushing them across the water from the Stadium pier to the "Top Down City" billboard area. It's not very far to push using the airport's Speeder boat. Park on the pier leaving the door open, and take an ambulance down into the Liberty Campus subway to drive to the airport...etc.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Vic 2.0 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 02:07)
QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:08)

Well again, I'm talking about getting from Staunton Island to Shoreside Vale (I don't think you can jump across that one, hehe) after you've unlocked Staunton.

I kind of agree with you on the whole blocking the islands thing, or at least the last one. I mean, in terms of the storyline, it's literally one mission that you get in Shoreside. You kinda feel cheated out of a third of the game because you expect it to have about as many missions as the other two islands. At least I did.

That's in addition to the absurdity of having a bridge that lifts for no apparent reason and the "damaged mechanism" making it impossible to lower the thing. I mean, you'd think they'd be able to lower it some way for the sake of the two islands that have been cut off from the mainland, or set up a ferry like in LCS, something!

You're not the only one. I expected to get about 10-15 from Shoreside too but other than the side missions from D-ice and the last misison, there's not much to do except the side-missions.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 13:59)
If this is in regards to unique vehicle collection, I'd just stick to pushing them across the water from the Stadium pier to the "Top Down City" billboard area. It's not very far to push using the airport's Speeder boat. Park on the pier leaving the door open, and take an ambulance down into the Liberty Campus subway to drive to the airport...etc.

Nah, I wasn't thinking about vehicle collection, but that is an intriguing idea. Never heard of it, and I'm not sure I understand it in full. Is there a video of it somewhere I could watch?

I meant ways of getting there with or without your vehicle, but naturally making it there with your vehicle would be better than having to lose it, all other factors being equal.

Th3MaN1, I wonder if they decided against having more missions in SV after designing the "island"... and realizing how screwed up it was! wink.gif

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

If you are aware that a vehicle that one of the employers gives to you in his last mission is bulletproof (i.e. takes no damage from gunfire), then you understand the idea. Specific vehicles in certain missions have unique properties. And if the missions they appear in are completed and closed, you lose your chance to get them...apart from starting a new game.

There's not much I can add to that without spoilers (if you want the added challenge of figuring out how to obtain them yourself). It's enough of a hint to say that it often involves vehicles that were never intended to be used by the player.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 13:31)
If you are aware that a vehicle that one of the employers gives to you in his last mission is bulletproof (i.e. takes no damage from gunfire), then you understand the idea. Specific vehicles in certain missions have unique properties. And if the missions they appear in are completed and closed, you lose your chance to get them...apart from starting a new game.

There's not much I can add to that without spoilers (if you want the added challenge of figuring out how to obtain them yourself). It's enough of a hint to say that it often involves vehicles that were never intended to be used by the player.

No, I understood all that. I know what the unique vehicles are and how to get a hold of them. But I didn't understand the method you were describing. I take it it's a means for getting vehicles to and from Staunton Island?

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Not understanding this: you mean I could get the BF Injection to the Shoreside Import/Export before the bridge opens?

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:44 AM Edited by Nukey Shay, 07 August 2013 - 12:04 PM.

The BF Injection will not spawn at all until Last Requests has been completed and Callahan bridge is repaired. If you meant the lift bridge, then yeah. However, the "float across the water" method is pretty much obsolete for vehicles you aren't intent on keeping in their original state - you could just use the car crusher glitch to be able to drive such vehicles though the barriers.

@Vic:
This video shows what I'm referring to: pushing a vehicle that's floating in water. FF about 9 minutes in.

The trip straight West from the Porter tunnel entrance to the sloped ground near Ft. Staunton is a shorter trip, tho (walking off a boat when the waves are high allow you to get up to where your car is parked - the effect is similar to losing a bit of health when stepping off a dock when the wave crests). If the desired vehicle is small enough, such as the teal Karuma or dead body Manana, you can "drive" it over to Ft. Staunton within the boat itself smile.gif

Moving a vehicle from Staunton to SSV (during the second phase of the game) is done much the same way...straight West from the stadium pier to the Eastern part of Wichita Gardens.

LancetJades covers all of these methods in his Special Vehicle FAQ (Gamefaqs.com) to see them described in better detail. I'm not so good at that (it took some time before even HE knew what the hell I was talking about!)

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Vic 2.0 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 02:07)

Well yes, but when you think about it, every story mission after "A Drop in the Ocean" actually takes place at least partially in Shoreside Vale. They just still begin in Staunton (probably because it would be impossible to find the mission locations in SSV without having a full in-game map sly.gif ).

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Nukey Shay: Absolutely, friggin' brilliant! Just when the game starts getting a little old and routine, some new thing opens fantastic new opportunities. (I am in awe of whoever had the patience to discover a way to break into Joey's Garage.)

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 11:44)
@Vic:
This video shows what I'm referring to: pushing a vehicle that's floating in water. FF about 9 minutes in.

Sweet! I always wanted that limo but didn't know any way of getting it without the flying cars cheat. As mentioned earlier, I could never get those "push the car through the ground" tricks to work for me, so I'll definitely give this a try next time I play 3.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I prefer to use an ambulance to get in Joey's garage. The cab section is tapered so there's a nice little gap to run toward & get wedged into (until the game finally gives up and forces you though the wall). You can use this glitch most anywhere that has a level surface. Handy to get into your Portland safehouse to save there if you break out of the intro mission.

There's actually an easier cheatless way into the garage...I can't recall who discovered it but it involves using the Vigilante mission:
In a police car, drive up to Toni's. Hold down R3 (in the vehicle) and then exit and walk into the corona to begin the Salvatore's Called A Meeting cutscene. Continue holding down R3, and go on foot over to Joey's (a bit annoying with the reversed camera). The moment that the fade-in begins for the garage interior cutscene, release R3 (if your timing is off, the game may crash). The screen will report that the Vigilante mission is over and leave you in the garage with the Stretch. Unfortunately, this leaves a *permanent* pink marker on the map for Joey's garage...but it's a quick enough method to use if you just want to mess around with the Stretch w/o saving.

BTW you could take advantage of the car crusher glitch instead of pushing it though the water. The damage-proofing added from using that glitch has no effect on the CP Stretch (since it's already DP too).

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

I used to drive a boat at such an angle into the banked side of Phil's military hardware place that it would ride up the wall and jump over the "pipeline wall" that goes accross the ocean. I didn't always get it right though, so sometimes I'd flip my boat or land it in Phil's yard etc.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by fnxrak, 12 September 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Just use the "crusher exploit" to easily walkthrough the closed gate of tunnel, no need to walk/drive on top of the tunnels just go across, but note that this will your vehicle bigger than usual LOLOLOL it's kind weird anyway if you save the vehicle in a garage it makes it crashproof too.
I didn't discoverd this exploit just bumped into it a few months ago GTA III make UC teal Kuruma damage-proof (crash-proof) and take it to Shoreside Vale

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

The emergency vehicle crane can be used to put a Rhino in "no clip" mode too (that's as close to an 6-star indestructible vehicle you are going to see in this game without cheats). The EV crane does not add damage-proofing when it's stored like the crusher's glitch, unfortunately...and it's much more difficult to accomplish anyway. A growing/stretching Rhino sure looks funny, tho :)

Don Corleone~>
  • Don Corleone~>

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Bullsh*t, Vic 2.0 where the hell did you get that video? and by the way to go to Staunton Island by the broken bridge was my idea.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

You are about 13 years too late for that claim. Or do you mean that you discovered it back in 2001?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users