Quantcast

» «
Photo

DC Cinematic Universe (Batman, Supes, Aquaman, and more)

2,132 replies to this topic
UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by UshaB, 2 weeks ago.

I'm starting to like this Matt Reeves guy;

“It’s my hope to tell a very emotional Batman story, and I do see a very strong parallel between [Batman and Caesar] because they’re both damaged characters who are grappling to the do the right thing in a very imperfect world. A world that’s filled with all of the corruption that is human.”

“What I love that [Nolan] did was that he took the genre seriously,” Reeves said. “What studios are willing to make at the moment is a very, very narrow band of films. What I discovered is that this genre has the potential to be about something more. You can use the metaphors of the genre to talk about [a lot]."

“I think that the metaphors of both of the franchises [Batman and Apes] enable you to tell stories that have deep emotional resonance. That’s actually what excites me about it. It’s interesting because I was obsessed with both as a child, and yet there is something potentially very adult about what you can explore under the cover of that fantasy. That is what draws me to it, and that’s what I’m excited about.”

“I think the other thing that I really admire in what [Nolan] did was knowing what it is to make a big studio film, which often can fall into that sense of committee filmmaking where there’s an anonymity to the point of view of the film."

When talking about a possible Batfleck Trilogy:

“I have ideas about an arc, but really, the important thing is just to start… you have to start with one,” he said. “You know, you have to start with a story that begins something.”

“And when Mark and I began [Dawn of the Planet of the Apes], we knew what our goals were, but we didn’t know how we were gonna get there, and I would say that that more relates to the way that I see a Batman story, is a kind of ambition for a series of stories, but really the most important thing is gonna be to tell a vital first story.”

• Payne Killer and Neon_Dreaming like this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Flash525, 2 weeks ago.

Sounds like they've got the right idea with this Batfleck Trilogy (if it gets there) although I really do hope the rumours I've read regarding the removal of Deathstroke and a rewrite of the script to be true. If they're going with a new trilogy, we could do with having something different; we've had Joker & Two Face enough already, when we've yet to see the likes of Deathstroke.

I wish they'd pick some more unique villains for Batman to deal with when he isn't accompanied by the rest of the league (though at the same time, said villains need to be Gotham centric, as to not require the league to step in).

Na, the Atlantians (or poseidians) in DC Comics are humans who adapted to the sea after "the great flood" via a scientifically developed serum. So they're basically humans. Aquaman is the son of a human lighthouse keeper and the queen of Atlantis.

It does ponder the question, doesn't it? If the whole world is under threat, why is only a single Atlantian assisting Batman's team when you've essentially got an entire city of superhumans below the ocean surface. It's the same argument as to why Asgardians didn't descend to Earth to help them fight when the Chitauri invaded via Loki.

I am curious also to know when Barry gets his powers; presumably it's after the events of Man of Steel, otherwise you could potentially pose the question as to why he wasn't there helping.. Same with Diana come to that (although I suppose in her case, she'd have to actually get there, whereas Barry could have done that ... in a flash).

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

1. If they're going with a new trilogy, we could do with having something different; we've had Joker & Two Face enough already, when we've yet to see the likes of Deathstroke.
  2. It does ponder the question, doesn't it? If the whole world is under threat, why is only a single Atlantian assisting Batman's team when you've essentially got an entire city of superhumans below the ocean surface.

1. I want them to do Hush, or use the Riddler or even Clayface. Knowing that the first film will be a detective, mystery one I'm hoping one of these 3 villains would be the main bad guy. Also am hoping that Deathstroke is pushed to the Nightwing movie, because that makes more sense in a way.
  2. If I've heard correctly;
    Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users