Quantcast

» «
Photo

DC Cinematic Universe (Batman, Supes, Aquaman, and more)

2,111 replies to this topic
Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

I'm kind of starting to lose faith in the DCEU.

This latest JL trailer just isn't doing it for me.

From what it seems, they're making the team-up for the sake on having an Avengers version of DC Universe. At this point, DC's doing good on Television front.

DC always do good on TV in fairness, especially Animated series, they've been crushing Marvel for literally years on that front. They've just been late to the party in Hollywood but rather than this hash bash disasterous concoction I'd rather they done backgrounds and actually built character profiles in advance.

Can't have everything though I suppose.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

Apparently Joss Whedon is in talks to direct a Batgirl movie based on Gail Simone's New 52 run.

I love everything about that.
  • Natasha likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

teen titans judas contract was released today.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

Apparently Joss Whedon is in talks to direct a Batgirl movie based on Gail Simone's New 52 run.

I think he'd be a perfect for an overarching Batfamily movie that doesn't include Batman. That sort of light hearted banter and familial bond that defines characters like Nightwing and Batgirl are things Whedon has in spades.

• Vik likes this

Spectacus
  • Spectacus

Carter or Katar?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

Not gonna lie, I was hoping that they'd use another Batgirl - I was under the presumption that Babs would be in a wheelchair.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 3 weeks ago

With Suicide Squad 2 confirmed, who would you like to see make up the second iteration of the Squad, and what would you like to see with the movie in general?

I can imagine the criminal lineup potentially being something like this:

- Deadshot

- Captain Boomerang

- King Shark

- Black Spider

- Poison Ivy

- Black Manta

And maybe the non-criminals being:

- Rick Flag

- Katana

- Bronze Tiger

Black Manta would be the most clever. Assuming SS2 comes out after Aquaman, they could have Black Manta defeated rather than killed by Aquaman and then have him appear in the next movie as a member of the Squad. As for what I'd like to see about the movie itself, make it more focused and pick a better villain than the Enchantress (who was at complete odds with the tone of the movie). Maybe have it less about "saving the world" and more about completing an important mission, which is befitting of the team. Then at the end they break free from the bombs like in Assault on Arkham, and things get really interesting...

What would you like to see in SS2? I really like the concept and I hope it can be executed better than what the first movie did.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

If I want a Suicide Squad, and there's no restrictions, just purely my fantasy lineup, the new villains I'm going with (on top of the old:

-Death Stroke
-Clay Face
-Metallo
-Ventriloquist (Shauna Belzer)
-Komodo
-Talon

With surprise guest SSer...

Spoiler

Talon would be a hard sell. People would be like, "who"? Komodo is f*cking badass, and f*ck Arrow for f*cking him over in that show. The Ventriloquist (Shauna Belzer) feels like a perfect fit, and people would know the name, but wonder where Scarface is. And Metallo would be great, unless they want to save him for MoS2. Deathstroke and Clayface seem like slam dunks. I almost put Captain Cold in there, as well.

That's a lot to ask for, though.

Crashbandicoot2
  • Crashbandicoot2

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Crashbandicoot2, 2 weeks ago.

One thing that bothers me about jareds joker is that David Ayer said that joker got the metal teeth and the damaged tattoo after killing robin. The confusion comes from the start credits saying that Harley was an acomplice in robins death but thats impossible as joker has the tattoo and metal teeth when he first met dr quinzel. IMO the reason joker was in arkham when he met harley was for killing robin but thats just a theory. Anyone else bothered with this little continuity error? Liked jareds joker regardless.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 2 weeks ago

• Kirsty and UshaB like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by darthYENIK, 2 days ago.

BIG NEWS: Zack Snyder Steps Down From 'Justice League' to Deal With Family Tragedy, Joss Whedon to finish film

Edit: And to be clear, the movie has already wrapped principle photography, and is in post production.
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive, Flash525, AlienTwo and 5 others like this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 days ago

Joss is just in to wrap up the project then? Good! Avengers 2 was seemingly too much for him, I wouldn't like to think how he could have potentially ruined the big DC assemble. A tradegy what has happened though, people over social media laughing about it (because they don't like Snyder's directing) is in poor taste too.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted A day ago

Sad to hear about Synders' daughter. But nice to see Whedon help finish Justice League. He knows a thing or two about big ensemble super hero movies. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users