Quantcast

» «
Photo

DC Cinematic Universe (Batman, Supes, Aquaman, and more)

1,970 replies to this topic
Dillono
  • Dillono

Tell me, do you bleed?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

This is what I live for:

Aldo Jones's weird trailer of Justice League

• TheFoxRiverFugitive likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Andolini Mafia Family

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Queen, 3 days ago.

Spoiler

Why don't you tell us how you really feel.

:p

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Spoiler

I wanna cry.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Spoiler

I wanna cry.

Margo Robbie in short shorts usually fixes that.

• DOOM! and Midnight Hitman like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

I also wanted to point out that one of the cut scenes involved 'Slipknot being a serial rapist'.

Now, I thought that might have meant that they just would have mentioned it in passing.

But then I realized... Slipknot is the only one who didn't get a flashback introduction.

Know what that means? It means that they probably would have had a scene where he's an actual serial rapist.

f*ck you, Suicide Squad.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

https://amp.twimg.co...68-3f7847fc6c47

So... Deathstroke is happening.

I'd be excited if he was gonna be in the standalone Batman movie.

But he's in Justice League... The movie about fighting Steppenwolf and Darkseid.

You know what that means?

More flashbacks!

• Metalz, Zello and UshaB like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

But he's in Justice League... The movie about fighting Steppenwolf and Darkseid.

More flashbacks!

*Fingers crossed*

Please be Ron Perlman please be Ron Perlman please be Ron Perlman please be Ron Perlman please be Ron Perlman

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and iBUCKEYE like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 2 days ago

Deathstroke is not a Batman villain. I would not like seeing him in the stand alone Batman movie. He makes sense in Justice League, because he was originally a Teen Titans antagonist. Him and Cyborg both first appeared in the same story arc in New Teen Titans (Cyborg technically first appeared in DC Comics Presents, but it was a preview for New Teen Titans #1, Deathstroke first appeared in New Teen Titans #2)

I'd rather see any number of Batman villains that they have always been afraid to use in movies. Clay Face, Man Bat, the Mad Hatter. But ultimately, we all know the main antagonist of the Batman movie will be Joker. And I'm okay with that.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Listen... We don't have a lot of good Batman villains left.

They can do Mad Hatter. They can do the Riddler.

But we all know they don't have a competent person in their bunch to do them right.

Let's cross that Bat-bridge when we get to it.

For now, let's all hope they didn't cast Rosie O'Donnell as Deathstroke.

• Zello and Surak like this

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

Quilombero

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Midnight Hitman, 2 days ago.

Ok, Lex Luthor is played by Jesse Eisenberg and Joker is Jared Leto.

They'll probably gonna hire Michael Cera or Taylor Lautner and put on him a grey wig.
  • UshaB likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

More flashbacks!

*Fingers crossed*

Please be Ron Perlman please be Ron Perlman please be Ron Perlman please be Ron Perlman please be Ron Perlman

I couldn't agree with you more. I loved his rendition of Slade on Teen Titans, he was just amazing. I'm not sure how well he'd transition to live action, but his voice was godly.

• iBUCKEYE and Zello like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Untouchable

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago Edited by UshaB, A day ago.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!! My favourite DC villain is coming.....and I bet free likes that it's gonna be played by me boy Joe.

He just happens to be in London currently where JL is being filmed, his wife Sofia has just recently started following Ben Affleck aaaaaaand just so happens to have a fresh military haircut and a goatee in London.

Spoiler

He is just a tv actor though, I'd say like B level or B - at the least a C+. He was pretty good in Sabotage though. But he'll just need to put on a voice and do crazy badass moves.

More flashbacks!

I don't think it'll be a flashback. That twitter link you showed, I reckon it'll be just like this vid from Batman Arkham Origins.

https://youtu.be/s1yKw0-U8no?t=33

Looks like Deathstroke's in Batfleck's Bat-Airplane thing that's said to be in JL. Looks like the Batmobile's behind him.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Finally saw Suicide Squad. Not the best, but not as bad as I've heard.

My only real complaint is that what makes Suicide Squad great in the comics is that they do what the Justice League/heroes either can't or won't do. The government needs someone dead, or they want to invade a foreign nation, or any other slimey thing, they get the suicide squad. I'm not saying, "Why didn't Batman or Wonder Woman or Flash stop Enchantress?" That's not a question I ask, being a comic fan. Superman doesn't swoop in to save the day in Batman comics because that would mean it's not a Batman comic. Batman and Wonder Woman don't help save Midway City in this movie because it isn't a Batman or Wonder Woman movie, it's a Suicide Squad movie. What I am saying is that it's far less interesting to try and make them heroes, than it is to focus that which makes them villains into villainous work that in the end might make the world a better place. They made them heroes in this movie, and it suffered for that.

Overall I've always thought that making a Suicide Squad movie before a Batman and Justice League movie is putting the cart before the horse. Hell. Making a Justice League movie before a Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash movie is putting the cart before the horse.

Don't mean I won't watch it.
  • DOOM! and Queen like this

Queen
  • Queen

Andolini Mafia Family

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 23 hours ago Edited by Queen, 23 hours ago.

Overall I've always thought that making a Suicide Squad movie before a Batman and Justice League movie is putting the cart before the horse. Hell. Making a Justice League movie before a Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash movie is putting the cart before the horse.

This.

DC is rushing it, and if anything, that will be its downfall. Frankly, we've already seen it with Batman v Superman. It was nowhere near as polished as the Marvel films, and the liberties that were taken compromised my perception of the characters, particular the characters in Superman's world. For example, the whole romance between Clark and Lois is pathetic. I don't think the writers have an ounce of romance in their bodies. Or a funny bone for that matter.

• darthYENIK and iBUCKEYE like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 hours ago

I feel like with Geoff Johns in full control of the movie now, that he will right the ship. Will it be with Justice League? Wonder Woman? I don't know. But I bet by the time the new Batman comes out the quality will be higher.

Queen
  • Queen

Andolini Mafia Family

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 22 hours ago

I just wish it didn't have such a rocky start. But I must admit, I can't wait for the Batman film. Batfleck is on his way to becoming my favorite Batman.

• darthYENIK likes this

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 9 hours ago

Most of the blame has to go to Warner Brothers, it's as simple as that. They're absolute c*nts for rushing the DCU and were pussyfoot about Marvel destroying them in the superhero genre.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 9 hours ago

Speaking of rocky starts.

Think of your 5 favorite movies.

Think of your 5 least favorite movies.

Think of 5 mediocre movies.

Think of 5 kinda good movies.

Think of 5 kinda bad movies.

You probably didn't list all the 25 movies I asked you for. But the ones you did list, I don't know.

But I can tell you one thing that they have in common.

The first 5-15 minutes either draw you in or are indicative of the tone or style of the movie.

The Dark Knight starts out with a slow heist, building up enough tension and going all out at the exact right moment. It draws you in.

Batman V Superman starts out with, as far as I can remember, either the scene where Superman saves Lois from the desert, practically kickstarting the whole plot, or the Bruce Wayne in Metropolis scene, also doing the same thing.

Django Unchained begins with a slow and stylized rendition of the old west, ripe with racism, slavery and hardship... Turning into a bloody gunfight at the blink of an eye.

Pulp Fiction starts out with some fantastic back and fourth his girl Friday type dialogue that turns into a robbery.

Even Batman For-f*cking-ever starts out with Batman stopping Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face!

All these scenes serve to draw you in or set the tone for the whole movie.

So, how does Suicide Squad start?

Will Smith gets served some bad food from an asshole.

You know what that means? It means that my life is more exciting than the start of Suicide Squad.

So when the start of your movie is sh*ttier than the life of Omar Samir, the asshole who has nothing better to do than bitch about superhero movies on GTAForums... There's a real f*cking problem.

Yeah, Suicide Squad is just ripe for me to keep bringing up for months unless I forget about it and get hyped all over again the next time they release a Wonder Woman trailer.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 6 hours ago

I feel like with Geoff Johns in full control of the movie now, that he will right the ship. Will it be with Justice League? Wonder Woman? I don't know. But I bet by the time the new Batman comes out the quality will be higher.

I'm still super excited for Justice League, but I fully expect that it will be another hot mess.

I would like to believe that the intervention, whatever it is, would be motivated by the desire to make the picture the best it can possibly be, without letting the outside factors influence the creative process too much. But what I do actually expect is that the sole goal will be just the fabled "course correction" and distancing JL from BvS and MoS as much as possible... while also leaving Snyder at the helm. I think you can see the problem too. He might not be a particulary great director, but imagine what he'll push out while being constrained and pressed from all sides, with panic-mode WB's whip over his head.

I know this is a whole lot of assumptions, but after seeing what happened to Suicide Squad... I can't imagine this production to be a smooth ride full of genuine enthusiasm and creative drive.

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 6 hours ago Edited by darthYENIK, 6 hours ago.

I'm thinking the problem with Man of Steel and more so with BvS is that they gave Snyder too much control. They trusted him too much. They needed a comic book editor. What I mean by that is in today's big two comic books, the roll of an editor is to craft a coherent story spanning multiple different comic series. They also make sure a character acts according to a certain standard.

Snyder needs someone to hold his hand and say, "what are you doing? We aren't trying to make "elseworld" stories. We want to represent what makes the comics great, but on film."

Say what you want about Suicide Squad, but it felt more like a DC comics story than the previous two movies. It was ancillary, and not world defining. It fit right where it should be (albeit too soon). In the next round of movies, they won't be defined by what happened in Suicide Squad. And I think Snyder not being involved with it had a lot to do with that. He likes to make like the story he's telling is the most important thing in the world. It'll change worlds and define new realities. Like every movie was a new 9/11.

What I do appreciate about Snyder, and that he doesn't get enough credit for, is that he took his biggest criticism from MoS and turned it into a plot point in BvS. People and Batman were not happy with Superman. I wouldn't call it genius, I think I said he should do that back when MoS was said to be getting a sequel, but before it was announced to be what it was. But I do think it took guts. He could've went the easy route. He could've had the people love Superman and condemn Batman because they didn't know what he was really about. He could've glossed over the destruction. But he didn't. He saw an emotional response from real people, and played on it. It took guts, and he doesn't get enough credit for it, because of the rest of the movie being pretty messy.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted An hour ago

Speaking of rocky starts.

Think of your 5 favorite movies.

Think of your 5 least favorite movies.

Think of 5 mediocre movies.

Think of 5 kinda good movies.

Think of 5 kinda bad movies.

You probably didn't list all the 25 movies I asked you for. But the ones you did list, I don't know.

But I can tell you one thing that they have in common.

The first 5-15 minutes either draw you in or are indicative of the tone or style of the movie.

The Dark Knight starts out with a slow heist, building up enough tension and going all out at the exact right moment. It draws you in.

Batman V Superman starts out with, as far as I can remember, either the scene where Superman saves Lois from the desert, practically kickstarting the whole plot, or the Bruce Wayne in Metropolis scene, also doing the same thing.

Django Unchained begins with a slow and stylized rendition of the old west, ripe with racism, slavery and hardship... Turning into a bloody gunfight at the blink of an eye.

Pulp Fiction starts out with some fantastic back and fourth his girl Friday type dialogue that turns into a robbery.

Even Batman For-f*cking-ever starts out with Batman stopping Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face!

All these scenes serve to draw you in or set the tone for the whole movie.

So, how does Suicide Squad start?

Will Smith gets served some bad food from an asshole.

You know what that means? It means that my life is more exciting than the start of Suicide Squad.

So when the start of your movie is sh*ttier than the life of Omar Samir, the asshole who has nothing better to do than bitch about superhero movies on GTAForums... There's a real f*cking problem.

Yeah, Suicide Squad is just ripe for me to keep bringing up for months unless I forget about it and get hyped all over again the next time they release a Wonder Woman trailer.

You‘re just grumpily nitpicking now. :p

The first 30-45 minutes was the best part of the movie.

• Midnight Hitman likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users