Photo

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

291 replies to this topic
Nun0567
  • Nun0567

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

We have to wait and see... Remember when they announced Heath Ledger was the joker everyone was butthurt

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

He looks like Batman from Arkham games. Might be good.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Here's the latest rumor. Apparently Justin Timberlake wants to portray The Riddler.
http://www.christian...n-movie-103427/

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 06:31)
Here's the latest rumor. Apparently Justin Timberlake wants to portray The Riddler.

hahahahaha, what a joke!

Timberlake has neither the talent nor the looks to pull off The Riddler.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 05:54)
QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 06:31)

hahahahaha, what a joke!

Timberlake has neither the talent nor the looks to pull off The Riddler.

I think he's a pretty good actor. IMO

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

I don't think he knows what it means to be the riddler. He probably thinks the Riddler should be played like Jim Carey in Batman Forever. In reality he should be played as if every word he says has a purpose. He wants to let his opponent know he's playing a game, but constantly make them question the rules and wonder if the obvious move is the one the Riddler wants them to make. Because above all, the Riddler is always a step ahead, or at least he wants you to think that, because he's really two steps ahead.

He's just more of a complex character than movies and TV have portrayed him (with the exception of anything produced by Bruce Timm).

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:33 AM Edited by Flight180Victm, 03 September 2013 - 07:58 AM.

Edit-nevermind

m00n_Chaser
  • m00n_Chaser

Spellmynamewithathe

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

They already had Joseph Gordon- Levitt available to be the Batman he's way better than Ben Affleck and not some random addition to the universe, seriously, half the movie is going to be writing him in.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:29 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 03 September 2013 - 12:33 AM.

QUOTE (m00n_Chaser @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 17:14)
They already had Joseph Gordon- Levitt available to be the Batman he's way better than Ben Affleck and not some random addition to the universe, seriously, half the movie is going to be writing him in.

The Dark Knight Trilogy and these new movies are of different canons. The Nolan Batman story/universe is done. That's why Joseph Gordon Levitt is not Batman.

I guess you can call this another Batman reboot.

As for writing him in, they don't have to do another origin. People know Batman's origin, all they need to do is, through expositionary dialog, mention his motives and purpose, and let Superman be the star of this movie. Then in sure they're going to give him another series of movies of his own.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

Timberlake is overdue a good role. He's a great actor and he takes on the absolute worst projects, with Social Network being the only stand out exception for me.
How on earth can you possibly know how he wants to play the Riddler? How can you know how much control he really has over that? It frustrates me, when people make these kinds of speculations, because they're never based on any actual insights - just a complete lack of vision or, worse, a desire for some mishmash of sh*t they've already seen before.

And that's kinda directed at you, Yennik, but don't take it too personally. This is me railing against the zeitgeist again. wink.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

No offense taken. I realize it's kind of hypocritical of me to be pro-Affleck, and then anti-Timberlake. And I was ready to accept JT as the Riddler, but he said this in that article, "The Riddler was a sociopath," he explained. "So if I'm gonna play crazy, I wanna play proper crazy. I'm ready. The Riddler. Gimme a call." My first impression of this is that he'd want to go "Joker" with it.

But you're right, he's a pretty decent actor, from what I've seen, and it's all just my own knee jerk reaction to that comment. He could mean by, "proper crazy" that he knows the right kind of crazy to play Riddler, which is what I explained is more of an obsessive form of crazy than a psychopathic form of crazy.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 01:21)
Timberlake is overdue a good role. He's a great actor and he takes on the absolute worst projects, with Social Network being the only stand out exception for me.
How on earth can you possibly know how he wants to play the Riddler? How can you know how much control he really has over that? It frustrates me, when people make these kinds of speculations, because they're never based on any actual insights - just a complete lack of vision or, worse, a desire for some mishmash of sh*t they've already seen before.

And that's kinda directed at you, Yennik, but don't take it too personally. This is me railing against the zeitgeist again. wink.gif

I thought he was great in Alpha Dog. colgate.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 00:38)
QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 01:21)

I thought he was great in Alpha Dog. colgate.gif

He was.
He has really surprised me wi his acting, he's good.
Hated him as a singer.

theonlytobyever
  • theonlytobyever

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'll reserve judgement, but I have faith Zack Snyder.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I swear to God if this little prick ends up being in the movie I will NOT f*cking see it. Zack Snyder...don't f*ck this up.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1455969

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

That's an epic, epic, epic troll. Or one of the best PR f*ckups in recent history.

• Flight180Victm likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Bieber wont be in it. Considering it was him that posted the picture, he's obviously just out for more attention. No director in their right mind would put Bieber in such a big budget film.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

I can't wait for long stretches of oversaturated slow motion fight scenes and flat dialogue!

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

I can't wait for long stretches of oversaturated slow motion fight scenes and flat dialogue!

Hey, what's with the hate? :/

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Darn! That rumour was more frightening than The Conjuring.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 30 September 2013 - 08:44 PM.

I'd pay double to see Bieber as an extra that ends up dying a horrible death. Maybe an entire building falls on him or something. Yeah, that would be cool.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Superman who can fly to the sun and back before you blink an eye, shoots f*cking radiation beams out his f*cking eyes, can blow wind like a tornado in his mouth, crush a man with a finger, punch through any material, lift an object which would take a thousand men to do, has xray vision and super hearing is gonna fight a man in a plastic cape. HMMM i wonder who will win.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Superman who can fly to the sun and back before you blink an eye, shoots f*cking radiation beams out his f*cking eyes, can blow wind like a tornado in his mouth, crush a man with a finger, punch through any material, lift an object which would take a thousand men to do, has xray vision and super hearing is gonna fight a man in a plastic cape. HMMM i wonder who will win.

People like you shouldnt even watch this movie...

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Why? Because he doesn't take comic book movies seriously? Superman is a a demigod, Batman's only super power is owning billions of dollars that he inherited. What's Batman's strategy? Buying a cryptonite mine?

Movie concepts that stem from drunken conversations with your friends don't usually turn out well.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

You guys are acting like there isn't any precedent for this. "Drunken conversations with your friends." You have some some back reading to do before your opinion is valid in here. :p

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

To be fair to the skeptics, we have been spoiled by Nolan's Batman. It'll take some time to put that behind us and realize that these movies are comic book adaptations and Batman did defeat Superman in the comics so anything can happen. I don't care how believable it is anymore; it just has to be good enough.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

On the same side of that coin, Nolan spoiled his Batman hisself with that goofy final film. The bar isn't really that high right now.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

On the same side of that coin, Nolan spoiled his Batman hisself with that goofy final film. The bar isn't really that high right now.

Goofy?? I strongly disagree, the ending was the best, very suitable, and Nolan thought it up even way before Dark Knight.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

You mean the ending where Batman fixes his broken back with the help of a rope and then walks into a fortified city (after first spray painting a flaming bat onto a bridge) flies a nuclear bomb that he helped create into the middle of the ocean which detonates almost immediately but he escapes unscathed and retires in Italy with a master thief he just met?

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

You mean the ending where Batman fixes his broken back with the help of a rope and then walks into a fortified city (after first spray painting a flaming bat onto a bridge) flies a nuclear bomb that he helped create into the middle of the ocean which detonates almost immediately but he escapes unscathed and retires in Italy with a master thief he just met?

I hate when people dont see the big picture...these are details that are there so that you can fill the blanks in between. It was not the best movie ever and people always want to find faults but it was still excellent. As for the end, i was talking about how Batman and Bruce retired by faking their deaths. Also how the legacy continues with Robin John Blake and Bruce stating that Batman is a symbol and behind that can be anyone who wants to fight the injustice...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users