Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

231 replies to this topic
HeliWolf420
  • HeliWolf420

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

http://herocomplex.l...e-comic-con/#/0

Holy sh*t. It's happening! The DCCU is finally, definitely going to happen!

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

The film will not be adapted from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Snyder said.

Aw, sh*t.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

I doubt the name of the movie will be Superman vs. Batman.

I think we're going to see them fight, though. Which is kind of cliche.
  • Arcadax likes this

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by d0mm2k8, 21 July 2013 - 01:30 AM.

I don't know whether or not I want this and Man of Steel to be in the same universe as the Dark Knight Trilogy. On one hand it fleshes it out if they're in the same continuity but on the other hand it may just be unnecessary canon-bloating.

Still, using the same Wayne Enterprises logo from the Trilogy in Man of Steel was pretty cool.

Which is kind of cliche
Yeah, and as much as I love Batman, most times I've seen him fight with Supes in the comics it's felt like unrealistic Bat-fan service for him to not be completely demolished. Some times they've handled it in a clever way but other times just feels 'bleh'.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

I do love that line, from Dark Knight Returns when Batman says, "Remember my hand on your throat. Remember the man who beat you." Which was said at the announcement, and gave me goose bumps to her the audio of.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Oh wow, the chills I get from that announcement. I really hope they do this right because it has a f*ck load of potential. I love The Dark Knight Returns (especially that part) and though I obviously don't want them to straight up copy the graphic novel, I do hope they take inspiration from it.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 20:41)
I do love that line, from Dark Knight Returns when Batman says, "Remember my hand on your throat. Remember the man who beat you." Which was said at the announcement, and gave me goose bumps to her the audio of.

See, this is the kind of magic DC is going to need to compete with Marvel on the big screen.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

It's funny to see the non-geeks act like "I Am Legend" foretold this, because it had a World's Finest logo in it.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 04:00)
It's funny to see the non-geeks act like "I Am Legend" foretold this, because it had a World's Finest logo in it.

Ha, yeah. It was JUST a f*ckin' joke by Akiva Goldsmith - he wrote I Am Legend, a draft of Batman vs Superman and some nameless Batman film that we must never, ever talk about.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

Not liking how they're just dropping each other in, they should've done cameos like what Marvel did before making Avengers. I know about the satellite in Man of Steel, but it's not the same. Will still watch this once it's out

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

I think Batman is cooler than superman, and more exciting than super man, because Batman is human, Superman is pretty well invincible, that's not fun IMO.

However that said, they should never fight because Superman should absolutely destroy batman.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Holy motherf*cking sh*t! This is going to blow me away!

Here's a video of the announcement - http://batman-news.c...uncement-video/

But seriously, I can hardly contain my excitement.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Oh. My. God. That's all I can say! biggrin.gif I can't f*cking wait!

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

I wrote everything about this in the man of steel thread already....i am just so excited about this. But noone still knows the title of the movie. I don't think it will be Superman vs Batman. Just Superman/Batman maybe.. Then again, didnt they originally want to make this movie many years ago? Anyway, what i really want to know is if Nolans universe's Batman will return or will there be a completely new Batman with different story. Or even John Blake from TDKR as Batman? I have been thinking a lot about this already and figured out that both ways are possible. It's not that hard to bring back even Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne IMO, it just needs a right push. A new awakening of Batman would be awesome, with a new suit too.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

After seeing Bale's version of Batman for the last 4 years, it would be hard to see someone else in the suit.
Wonder who they will get.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

Im wondering if it will be still within Nolans universe, because Nolan is the producer...but then again, maybe its like a reboot. I would imagine still Bale making a return, but maybe even Joseph Gordon Levitt. Then again, it seems in this movie an older Batman is shown...so why not Bales Batman making a return. Just watched how they introduced the film in comic con...just chills.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Ummm....
Isn't this Man of Steel 2 not Superman vs Batman?

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Superman would win.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:33)
Superman would win.

I agree.
user posted image

One of these bad boys and Mr. Wayne is done for.
user posted image

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

Saying Superman automatically wins is incredibly uncreative, and would be just as boring. Which means it's not going to go down that way.

See you in two years when you're bitching that the movie didn't go down that way.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by rudy., 23 July 2013 - 03:14 AM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 00:33)
Saying Superman automatically wins is incredibly uncreative, and would be just as boring.  Which means it's not going to go down that way.

And I don't see the point of them fighting each other till the end. They might fight at first and then team up to fight something or someone that poses a greater threat to the city.

@theomenofficial The official title hasn't been confirmed yet.

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Zack Snyder? Meh, that means the fights will be really awesome, but everything else will be garbage. I guess it could be worse, however.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

There is this rumor that Josh Brolin is one of the candidates to become Bruce Wayne/Batman in this movie...and i honestly say, if they do choose him, excellent choice. He has the face, the attitude and also a great voice. And he also looks a bit like Christian Bale:
user posted image

TonyStark
  • TonyStark

Billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 16:28)
There is this rumor that Josh Brolin is one of the candidates to become Bruce Wayne/Batman in this movie...and i honestly say, if they do choose him, excellent choice. He has the face, the attitude and also a great voice. And he also looks a bit like Christian Bale:
user posted image

As much as i love Brolin, he would surely be too old by the time a JL movie comes around? As long as it's not some pretty boy, i'll be happy.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (TonyStark @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 08:54)
user posted image

As much as i love Brolin, he would surely be too old by the time a JL movie comes around? As long as it's not some pretty boy, i'll be happy.

The rumor is that this Batman will be older, much like The Dark Knight Returns. I say Brolin is the best choice I've heard.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

Timothy Olyphant for Lex Luthor

user posted image

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 10:14)
Timothy Olyphant for Lex Luthor

user posted image

I see your Olyphant, and raise you...

http://splashpage.mt...ton-lex-luthor/

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

No and no, those actors have used their bald state already for their roles in different movies or tv shows. It would be weird to see some other character whos from another screenplay and looked exactly the same.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm not suggesting it, but supposedly Zack Snyder wants Cranston. So, No and Yes.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 14:45)
QUOTE (TonyStark @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 08:54)
user posted image

The rumor is that this Batman will be older, much like The Dark Knight Returns. I say Brolin is the best choice I've heard.

Holy f*ck, yes. Obviously not as old as Bruce is in DKR, but definitely well into his 40s. Have you seen him in the very unfortunate Oldboy (a Spike Lee joint) remake yet?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users