Your all-time favorite game?

54 replies to this topic
EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Exactly what the title states, what is your all-time favorite game? I personally don't even have a favorite game, but I'm sure lots of you will have a favorite.

I'm interested to hear your responses, and be sure to state what platform you play it on as well.

Go!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Uncharted 2, it's only on PS3 and made by Naughty Dog. It has some of the best set pieces and moments I've ever seen in any game. Only game I've beaten 15 times.
I'm going to play The Last of Us soon (also made by Naughty Dog) when I can so I'll let you know if my opinion changes. wink.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 20:24)
Exactly what the title states, what is your all-time favorite game? I personally don't even have a favorite game, but I'm sure lots of you will have a favorite.

I'm interested to hear your responses, and be sure to state what platform you play it on as well.

Go!

I don't have that one favourite game, too. There are many favourites for me.

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV on PS3. I mainly only play Rockstar Games, so my experience isn't wide, but I have sunk nearly two times more time into Grand Theft Auto IV and EFLC than all of the other games I've played combined. I use a lot of imagination nowadays when I play, I roleplay in singleplayer

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It's not nostalgia only, but also because it released during my early teenage times (13-14). You know that at these times, you are still too young, too active and too happy because you don't have anything to worry about. Combine this with the beauty, that's Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, and you make it your all-time favorite game.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:33 PM Edited by ainsz, 20 July 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Grand Theft Auto III. It's the game that got me into gaming.

Nothing gaming wise compares to Playing it for the first time as a kid, not knowing anything about it and being able to discover everything about it myself. There really is no game quite like it. Even the GTA's that came after it just can't capture what makes that game so special. The gritty and somber atmosphere, the hilariously dark humour, the amazing underground radio soundtrack. As good as all the other GTA's are, they're just not on the same level.

If I wasn't so careless as a child, I'd still have my original copy. sad.gif

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

Red Dead Redemption. Nothing comes close to the masterpiece R* created. I don't play the multiplayer much. I just free-roam in SP or play the story.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (rotipuj @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 22:53)
Red Dead Redemption.

A-f*cking-men, it's the Mona Lisa of gaming in my mind.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by RedDaggerXL, 20 July 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Either:
Halo 3 - probably the only campaign I've played many times, not just for achievements or skulls (finding most of them without use of the internet...oh man, so fun), was always interesting. Introduced an amazing forge mode (improved in reach, failed in 4), plus the multiplayer was just another improvement (again, mostly improved in reach, disappointed in 4). I've since shelved it to keep the memories good plus the multiplayer servers have been taken down, also I've left the Halo series after 4 (did I mention how I didn't like 4?). Halo 3 is the reason I'm excited for destiny.
-or-
MX vs ATV unleashed - I'll admit, I had more fun playing this since I was young and barely played any games, but it still was great with campaign and the levels and vehicles and just how much fun it was screwing around. Probably a nostalgia thing, but damn, shame to see THQ go - apparently Alive sucked and I would love a sequel.

Oh wait, I just remembered Midtown Madness. First game I played, but you can tell it's good because the creators were angel studio-now R* San Diego.
(Yes, for anyone who played MM, it was made by the same people who made RDR)

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

- World in Conflict. A lot of fun and time spent playing that game. It made me love the Cold War stuff.
- Assassins Creed 2. Probably one of the games that I have played most. Beautiful landscapes and cities with an incredible level of detail. Such a masterpiece.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by finn4life, 20 July 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Obviously it's going to be a gta game, mine was III and San Andreas, I can't make a choice between the two, III was so crazy fun when I was younger and I love its simplicity, San Andreas has so much to do and I love the gangster theme, I think it's hilarious. I play neither of them anymore though, I think I played them to death just a little bit haha.

Aside from GTA though, mine has to be the Uncharted games. Personally I liked the storyline from the first one the most and how the game really got to me, sequels generally aren't quite as good as the original storywise with films, and it works much the same with games at times, Uncharted 1's story, that's what had me hooked. Gameplay wise, well Uncharted 2 like mentioned has awesome set pieces of action, it was incredible, it was actually like a movie, really exciting, crazy fast paced. Uncharted 3 had some pretty f*cking awesome set pieces as well, but I think Uncharted 2 wins for that.

Overall I couldn't pick between the 3 really, they need to be played together.

Favourite game aside from GTA? Uncharted.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

No OR's, no BUT, no AS WELLs, no LISTS, please.

We have enough topics which list all the games we find fantastic, the title is all-time favorite game.

Mine?

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 10:17)

We have enough topics which list all the games we find fantastic, the title is all-time favorite game.

Mine?

Why not? When has reading straight lists people make ever been fun? It's not at all, I completely skip those topics because people only make their post and disappear, they don't bother reading anyone elses, and neither would I, because like I said; Straight lists are just plain boring.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
It had more than +27 missions
The story and the narrative is one of the best I've ever played, maybe the best.
The soundtrack was also awesome.
A huge variety of planes and some colors to choose.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 20 July 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Fallout 3,

I Absolutely love that game,Great story, great characters, great atmosphere from the 50s theme

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 16:55)
Red Dead Redemption.

I second this. RDR is a masterpiece.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 23:21)

Mine?

Why not? When has reading straight lists people make ever been fun? It's not at all, I completely skip those topics because people only make their post and disappear, they don't bother reading anyone elses, and neither would I, because like I said; Straight lists are just plain boring.

That's why I don't want lists, but also don't want to see all the games people find fantastic, because there's enough topics with "What games do you like?" already.

An all-time favorite game should be one game, not several. Ofcourse reasoning behind your choice would be nice, which I think is what you ment when you said: Why not?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 10:43)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 23:21)

Mine?

That's why I don't want lists, but also don't want to see all the games people find fantastic, because there's enough topics with "What games do you like?" already.

An all-time favorite game should be one game, not several. Ofcourse reasoning behind your choice would be nice, which I think is what you ment when you said: Why not?

Ah okay, I get what you're saying.

not:
Oh I love fallout for this
I love skyrim for that
But man Halo is really good.

I kinda did do that, but I was talking about Uncharted as a whole, and obviously I mentioned GTA.

ryanhunter_rfc
  • ryanhunter_rfc

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

GTA aside, it has got to be The Warriors. The man hours I put into that game. I'm sure that there are people hear who loved it?

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

depends what I am in the mood for.
But I have to say the game that took me off my feet the most on my first playthrough was Fallout New Vegas, far cry 3 or Fallout 3 (cannot pick one from these 3)

exploring the maps for the first time, discovering what they have to offer and the people in them was just amazing. This is really the only way I can approach the question as my favourites hange dramatically depending what mood I am in.
I would jsut have a huge list if I approached it that way, basically listing my favourite games of each genre

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

GTA V smile.gif

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by 69_black_69, 21 July 2013 - 01:16 AM.

All GTA III Era games, especially SA - Driving around in the countryside while listening to the music is just feels so good. Until now, there's no other games that give me the same impressions as SA did to me.

And Fallout New Vegas ( probably 3 too) - Just found out how awesome this game was. Sniping in this game and watch the enemies head gets blown off is so f*cking satisfying. And a lot of story going on in this game, even the little one is amazing, like Raul Tejada past and Boone's Bittersprings Tragedy. But this game needs a lot more music, i really like them.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by wwinterj, 21 July 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X remain my favorite games of all time. The story of both games really made me emotional and the gameplay is great in short. Both games were on PS2. I very much look forward to buying Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix(PS3) as it has a lot of content that has never been made avaible in the UK and I'll buy a PS4 at some point for Kingdom Hearts 3 that really got me hyped when it was announced. It's a shame it'll be a long time before it's out. I'll also buy the HD remake of Final Fantasy X/X-2(PS3) just because that game deserves to be bought again. tounge.gif

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 23:41)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 16:55)
Red Dead Redemption.

I second this. RDR is a masterpiece.

+1 over here icon14.gif

Red Dead Redemption is the best game I have EVER played.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by Futo, 21 July 2013 - 01:26 AM.

Hard to pick one, but games that I loved and played to death.

GTA 3 era games. Vice City my favourite...just.

Resi 1 + 4

Tenchu 2

Fallout 3

Red Dead Redemption

Uncharted 2

TLOU

These are my best games ever. Put a gun to my head and I'd pick Vice city.

So I guess it's vice city biggrin.gif

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

It's hard to choose
either
GTA San Andreas or Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

Dragon Age: Origins

It's simply a masterpiece, and given Bioware's current direction, it's likely we won't see another game like it for a while. Although Thw Witcher 3 could give it a run for it's money.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

gta sa

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

My all time favourite game was a tie between Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted 2 both great stories and they had there moments

But after playing The Last of Us that changed, fantastic story, great intro, great character development and twist and turns left and right and the only game that ever made me feel different emotions.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Just one? C'mon... that's too hard.

Silent Hill 2 would be my pick. Such a deep, psychological, tear-jerking experience. Runners up include Red Dead Redemption, Ranger-X, Spec Ops: The Line, God Hand, Shadow of the Colossus, Super Metroid, Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Sid Meier's Civilization 2, Age of Empires 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3. So many great games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users