I want to make a Website

9 replies to this topic
KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧♤♧♤♧♤♧♤♧

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

Hello. I am making a Minecraft server and I want it to be professional (Most successful servers have a forums and website). But I was thinking of just making a website, where members could sign up and post in a certain section. Kind of like http://dyom.gtagames.nl/, where you can sign up and comment of missions etc.

So could any one help me out, I don't anything fancy. Just a nice basic website. If it's free, that would be awesome. But if it will cost money, I want the cheapest option possible. Thanks for the help. smile.gif

Example of a Minecraft server website: http://shilocraft.com/home/

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Google these:
HTML
CSS
JS
PHP
MySQL
phpBB

Get hosting that offers PHP and MySQL. Read (some of) the documentation. Have fun.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

You Should Use Something Called Google.. Click Here

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (GroveVendetta @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 18:24)

He wants to make a website, not host a server. Figure out how to read things more clearly. smile.gif

There's also this topic which covers everything you need to know to create/host a website, and some web hosts are completely free. If you don't want to design the pages yourself there are things like webs.com and tripod that let you build them from templates.

S99
  • S99

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

use enjin

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Remember me?

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

If you're going for forums, some quick googling brought me to Zetaboards (same team behind Invisionfree).

This takes care of your "let people sign up and post" requirement.

If you're going for more of a website, I suggest WordPress.com. Free to get started, you can pay for upgrades.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 00:28)
QUOTE (GroveVendetta @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 18:24)

He wants to make a website, not host a server. Figure out how to read things more clearly. smile.gif

There's also this topic which covers everything you need to know to create/host a website, and some web hosts are completely free. If you don't want to design the pages yourself there are things like webs.com and tripod that let you build them from templates.

still applies, use Google!

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

If you want to make a Forum for your server, use ZetaBoards or InvisionFree. Both are maintained by the same team. Or use phpBB. There're many other free Forum Hosts. Or, if you just want a Blog or a Regular Website, use Joomla or WordPress. Both can be well customized. The DYOM Website uses a Custom Made Software.

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Enjin is a GREAT web-creation website for those who do not know how design websites. Learning code takes a while, it's fun (to me, at least), and sometimes it makes you want to throw your keyboard through the screen.

As someone once said, "Computers are like men: they say there's a problem, when 90% of the time they ARE the problem" :p

Efrain
  • Efrain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Dude there a lot of ways and different languages for website development so in which language you want to develop you site but i will recommend you php language.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users