Quantcast

» «
Photo

Shoreside Vale: The Ultimate Taxi Challenge!

6 replies to this topic
Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

I know it isn't necessary to make 100% technically, but I want to master the Taxi mission in Shoreside Vale. I suppose tips for all R3 missions would be great, but the Taxi is of particular interest to me. So far, the only route I know is a lifesaver is the following:

When your passenger wants to go to the park, head toward Catalina's mansion. There's a cliff in front of the mansion (across the street) that will get you to the park much faster. It's pretty safe too so long as you go slow.

One specific example:

What do you do (besides quit the mission) if you pick up a passenger at the airport and they want to go to the North West Towers apartment (which is right behind your hideout)? Is there one certifiably better route, or are you just screwed no matter what?

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Shoreside is a complete nightmare for all the special missions. I've never completed a twenty-first vigilante mission on Shoreside. As for firefighter and taxi missions: impossible! True, the taxi missions come with very high fares, but the time allotted is ridiculous. I've tried taking the tunnel between the airport and Wichita Gardens, but it's not really any shorter, even tried doing that jump off the old wooden bridge, that might work if your car doesn't land belly up. But that's probably the point, the last place to open up should be the toughest.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

Thankfully, you don't have to kill the 20 criminals or put out the 20 fires all in a row. I usually just cancel the mission and start it again until it gives me something I can get to quickly wink.gif

I wouldn't bother with the Firefighter or Paramedic missions at Shoreside Vale. No way, because you can't go off road with the vehicles, so it doesn't even matter what shortcuts you come up with. But the Vigilante and Taxi missions are another story.

I noticed that about the tunnel as well. I thought it would be faster than going "the long way", but nope!

Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

I think Staunton is really the best place to do the Taxi missions.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

-_-

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Mr.ClaudeFan @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 21:01)
I think Staunton is really the best place to do the Taxi missions.

I originally thought that before I tried them in Portland at the beginning of the game, so much easier and you don't have the columbians shooting at you.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

The hard part about doing taxi missions in Portland is that the times allowed are way too short. On Staunton the times just accumulate so you can stop in at Pay N Spray and still have minutes to spare.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

-_-

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

Strangely I have never had that issue doing Taxi Missions on Portland. I always used to do it on Staunton Island and I feel the reason longer times were given is because there were massive distances to travel sometimes, with Portland, all locations spawn quite near to each other.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users