Photo

Ace Combat: Infinity

6 replies to this topic
ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by ainsz, 02 August 2013 - 06:51 PM.

The new Ace Combat, developed by Project Aces, appears to be going back to its roots a little by the looks of the trailers and the fact that it will only be coming to PS3 would suggest this. Although this could a be an indicator of Microsoft shifting its interests to the ONE and cutting the 360 loose, support wise.

The free to play game will feature a solo or up to 4 player co-op campaign set in the near future. Also a 4 on 4 Competitive multiplayer will be in. It will be released on PSN for digital download soon.

http://www.gameinfor..._medium=twitter

http://www.gameinfor..._medium=twitter

I'm hugely looking forward to this. Ace Combat is one of my all time favourite series and although Assault Horizon wasn't like the classics, I still loved it and in my opinion is the only good air combat game on consoles, so far.

I'll update this post as new info is released.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I haven't played Ace Combat since Zero. I'll be playing Assault Horizon soon to check it out, but I've heard a LOT about how scripted and overused the Dogfight Mode is. Hope this next installment won't be as reliant on it.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

The main thing to remember is when you start the game, be sure to turn the control settings to classic. This way you have full control of the aircraft and you won't be so reliant on the dog fight mode and you'll be able to play how you like. Although, I found it to be a very fun addition to the series and I used it quite a lot. Also, If I remember rightly, there's only a few occasions where it forces you to use it, only at critical parts of the story.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Master Of Puppets

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (ainsz @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 10:36)
The main thing to remember is when you start the game, be sure to turn the control settings to classic. This way you have full control of the aircraft and you won't be so reliant on the dog fight mode and you'll be able to play how you like. Although, I found it to be a very fun addition to the series and I used it quite a lot. Also, If I remember rightly, there's only a few occasions where it forces you to use it, only at critical parts of the story.

I had to do that when I played Assault Horizon's demo. The arcade controlls are awfull.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Updates: New info such as release details, 4 player co-op and 4 on 4 competitive multiplayer. The new trailer is also up! All added to OP.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (ainsz @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 10:54)
The new trailer is also up!

I'm glad to see all those lasers, superplanes, and Stonehenge. smile.gif

I still wish they made more ports of AC for PC though.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Master Of Puppets

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

It looks like it's going to be F2P.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users