If you could combine any 2 games to make one

92 replies to this topic
LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

Mark Ecko's Getting Up + Assassins Creed.

Even though Getting Up had a free running/ climbing system, the AC version is more fluid and advanced. And give Getting Up some AC graphics and we're good to go. And of course chuck in some new features, more graffiti, the ability to use your own sketches somehow, and it could be a brilliant sequel.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V

I want the the controls and hand to hand combat to be like The Last of Us. AI needs to be like The Last of Us ( Unless GTA V has better AI ) with the open world of GTA V and style of it.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Jak And Daxter and GTA biggrin.gif

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Forza horizon and Gta V

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Gotta Get A Grip

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:36)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 00:50)
QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 02:41)
I've always wished someone would make a game that combines Real-Time Strategy with First-Person (or even 3rd-person) Shooter.
ever since I first played the original Command And Conquer and DOOM.

I've always thought; wouldn't it be cool to have a game like C&C where you setup the battle using RTS elements and then jump in using Action elements.
build the base. gather resources. setup defenses. organize a bunch of offensive units. but then give me the ability to "jump" down into the battlefield and take control of individual units and be part of the battle from a 1st and/or 3rd-person perscpective.

get to fire the weapons, drive the vehicles, fly the jets, etc.
depending on how the battle is going you "jump" back out to the RTS view in sky in case you need to make some larger / quicker changes to your strategy. then dive back into the heat of the battle on the ground with sh*t blowing up, bullets flying, men screaming.

you could also do this with games like Rome Total War (err, any of the Total War style games).
set up the battle, organize your units, and then deploy as an actual soldier in your own army and fight hand-to-hand.

why hasn't this happened yet??

Damn, that has a potential.

yeah I'm a little surprised that it hasn't really happened.
a few games have actually tried but they've been made by small/independent developers or they were just mods for other games.

I want a high quality, full-budget, complete RTS+FPS hybrid game developed by a professional studio.
so far the only attempts I have seen at this idea are pretty low quality and not really worth playing.

Nuclear Dawn is like a Team Fortress 2 + Tower Defense game, but not really RTS.
http://www.nucleardawnthegame.com

and Savage XR is more like DOTA + Tower Defense, also not really RTS or even FPS.
http://www.savagexr.com/

and there's a few Half Life mods that have tried this I think.
but I want a serious game by a major studio to finally take a crack at it.

Problem is, RTS games like C&C or Supcom etc.
Are based around, multitasking and setting up strategies, if you would be able to jump into battle it would be pretty cool, tough in a fast paced RTS this feature would be unused in multiplayer and probably too in singleplayer since you need to keep track of whats happening all over the place. Imagine having a awesome time as a pilot but in the meantime the enemy has flanked your base weak spot, you can't focus on the FPS at all confused.gif

I agree it would be epic to be able to do it, but it wouldn't work with fast paced RTS games, Total war isn't a big problem since it doesn't have base building or really fast combat where micromanaging could decide the battle in 1 minute. Awesome idea, but it wouldn't work out.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

Graphics, infected, locales, bandits, weapon creation from The Last of US

Combined with

Openness, vehicles, scope, multiplayer, from GTAIV

LOL didn't read the rest of the thread

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

Assassins Creed + Theif

The open worldness and parkour of Assassins Creed but with an emphasis on stealing sh*t like in Theif.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:35)
if you would be able to jump into battle it would be pretty cool, tough in a fast paced RTS this feature would be unused in multiplayer and probably too in singleplayer since you need to keep track of whats happening all over the place.

it would completely work if it was designed well.
I never said anything about multiplayer.

it would have to be a singleplayer game but it could totally work.
you could make it so that the action pauses or simply slows down to 'bullet time' while the player changes views from overhead command to on-field and back.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Gotta Get A Grip

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 07:00)
QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:35)
if you would be able to jump into battle it would be pretty cool, tough in a fast paced RTS this feature would be unused in multiplayer and probably too in singleplayer since you need to keep track of whats happening all over the place.

it would completely work if it was designed well.
I never said anything about multiplayer.

it would have to be a singleplayer game but it could totally work.
you could make it so that the action pauses or simply slows down to 'bullet time' while the player changes views from overhead command to on-field and back.

I was talking about mulitplayer, because RTS like C&C has a lot of multiplayer.
I still think it wouldn't work, even with the bullet time, does it affect the game time outside the FPS?

If it only slows down while the player is changing, that doesn't change the fact that the enemy could be smart enough to attack you from 3 different locations. What are you going to do then? If you keep fighting too long in FPS mode in 1 place, the other attacking army might have destroyed your defenses already, but you are still in FPS so you quickly need to change and start producing units you could have made a long while ago instead of being in FPS mode.

It could work if there was a land units only restrictions and there was only 1 way into the enemies base like in C&C renegade.
Still, nice concept, but the game makers would be limited so much that it won't really be a RTS like C&C at all anymore.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Fallout Franchise vs GTA franchise.

Open world and a RPG game with vast things to do.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Medal of Honor (2011/2012 version?)/Op Flashpoint Red River + Battlefield Vietnam; game that mainly focuses on one fireteam, fairly realistic weapon and equipment schemes but in the same environments as BF Vietnam.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 03:13)
I was talking about mulitplayer, because RTS like C&C has a lot of multiplayer.

well I wasn't.
I'm talking about a singleplayer game.

the concept would work if constructed well.
but I'm not going to argue with you b/c you clearly just want the idea to fail without considering how it could work tounge2.gif

I agree that it probably would fall short of being a pure RTS or pure FPS... but that was never the point.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 17:50)
Medal of Honor (2011/2012 version?)/Op Flashpoint Red River + Battlefield Vietnam; game that mainly focuses on one fireteam, fairly realistic weapon and equipment schemes but in the same environments as BF Vietnam.

I think the closer choise would be Bad Company 2.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

FourTwoZero

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Fallout 3/new vegas and grand theft auto.

Juan891110
  • Juan891110

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

The Last of Us & Minecraft...

That will make the ultimate Survival horror game!

M4 carbine
  • M4 carbine

Nope.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim & Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Archangelsky
  • Archangelsky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

For me its rather easy.

Eve online + GTA IV/V / Mafia II

Meaning for me obviously the setting of a GTA game or Mafia combined with a huge universe, online and consistent with many many players, the world having its own economy etc.

So basically just picture Mafia II or a GTA game only x-times bigger, huge world where players reside in houses in the cities, buy cars, live like "regular" people etc.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (M4 carbine @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 11:18)

Could you care to explain how you want to combine those games?

M4 carbine
  • M4 carbine

Nope.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 12:34)
QUOTE (M4 carbine @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 11:18)

Could you care to explain how you want to combine those games?

Well...just imagine Skyrim with guns and some roads, shooting mudcrabs with a M4....yeah.

You're right, now that I think about it, it is pretty stupid.

Sorry, I just thought about the most random combination ever and posted it here.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 02:01)
It would have to be Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 mixed with Battlefield: Vietnam.

Just now decided to browse this topic with exactly that in mind.

In addition, give me a Fallout 3 set during the Vietnam conflict. A first person, action RPG with stealth elements in which you play just a regular dude. Maybe you are a recon pilot whose Cessna goes down across the border in Cambodia and you have to survive and try to get back to friendly territory. Along the way, you meet combatants and civies while trading and scavenging for weapons, ammo and food.

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Pokemon + Any MMORPG ever.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Counter strike source with soldier of fortune 2 gore, what u need more.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Final Fantasy XIII + Devil May Cry

Imagine, instead of watching that bullsh*t in FFXIII, that we're fighting it out with monsters in the battle zones, DMC style. I'd be up for that.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 14:46)
Midnight Club: Los Angeles and Grand Theft Auto IV. We've never had an open world sandbox centred on street racing before. There was the Westside Rollerz story arc in Saints Row 1, but nothing big.

NFS Underground 2, NFS Most Wanted.

Both are Open World street racing games, Definately reccommend either.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:14)
Midnight Club: Los Angeles and Grand Theft Auto IV. We've never had an open world sandbox centred on street racing before. There was the Westside Rollerz story arc in Saints Row 1, but nothing big.

No, that's not what I was on about. MCLA itself is an open world street racing game.

I'm on about combining it with GTA. An open world sandbox game with a detailed city, on-foot controls, interiors, weapons and everything else, but with a focus on the street racing world. That's never been done before.

CaptainJoe
  • CaptainJoe

Captain

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Portal 2 and Half Life 2. Imagine fighting the Combine with the Portal Pun, or solving Test Chambers with the help of the Gravity Gun.

o Mr Punchy o
  • o Mr Punchy o

Diamond Dogs leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 20:46)

This I always wanted a game based on street racing where you could also roam the city on foot. it will be a little like Fast And Furious where they street race as well as rob places shoot people etc. but more emphasis on the street racing.

ImPantsAtThis
  • ImPantsAtThis

Not a sweetie man.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Freelancer + Mass Effect 2.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:27)

No, that's not what I was on about. MCLA itself is an open world street racing game.

I'm on about combining it with GTA. An open world sandbox game with a detailed city, on-foot controls, interiors, weapons and everything else, but with a focus on the street racing world. That's never been done before.

It already happened, many times. Remember San Andreas? Apart from free roaming, you could also customize your car and race in many events. GTA V will make it even bigger.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 06:34)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:27)

It already happened, many times. Remember San Andreas? Apart from free roaming, you could also customize your car and race in many events. GTA V will make it even bigger.

San Andreas wasn't focused on Street Racing, Neither will V, He wants a game this like GTA, but it's solely focused on street racing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users