Will The Vehicle Spawn System Be Fixed?

17 replies to this topic
NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I hated how in GTA IV where you get a unique vehicle such as the Comet, Infernus or Sultan RS and suddenly you would see 10 of them on the street pulled out of their asses. It killed the unique factor that they were supposed to have.

Will this be removed? It would suck to get the James Bond Aston Martin and suddenly you would see it everywhere.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

i hope but i doubt it, annoying thing

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah I hope they fix it but I bet it is a limit of the older hardware we are working with.

I do hate it though.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

No, that's a memory issue, not their fault.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

or improve the NPCs spawning. they just fall from a small height appearing from no-where.
and for the topic's point, i sometimes see 20 taxis when i don't need one and none when i do.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hopefully they fixed it as much as they could, but ultimately it's a memory issue.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

another relevant issue in gta iv: driving down the highway, cars spawning in front of you when you look behind you suicidal.gif

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (thugzmansion @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 17:36)
another relevant issue in gta iv: driving down the highway, cars spawning in front of you when you look behind you suicidal.gif

This is also due to the hardware limitations.

Unfortunately, in the trade off with the current hardware would be lower graphics and less detail resulting less akward spawns and 10 of the same car VS. detailed graphics and a risk of seeing vehicle and object pop-in and limited vehicle variety. I would prefer the ladder.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (StuntmanDYOM @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 17:30)
or improve the NPCs spawning. they just fall from a small height appearing from no-where.
and for the topic's point, i sometimes see 20 taxis when i don't need one and none when i do.

Lol reminds me of when me and a mate were messing about in GTA3. I went looking for a prostitute and not one to be seen. I just assumed there was a random generator that works so well its a matter of luck...or lack of.

calambos
  • calambos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (NightSpectre @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 17:09)
I hated how in GTA IV where you get a unique vehicle such as the Comet, Infernus or Sultan RS and suddenly you would see 10 of them on the street pulled out of their asses. It killed the unique factor that they were supposed to have.

Will this be removed? It would suck to get the James Bond Aston Martin and suddenly you would see it everywhere.

as far as I remember it happened in San Andreas too

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Well it saves memory and seeing how massive this game is going to be, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

michaelpece
  • michaelpece

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

Only a handful of vehicle models are pre-loaded in to memory. When you find that rare sports car, it becomes pre-loaded, and obviously models that are pre-loaded are more often seen because they're already loaded, saving resources. As for looking behind you, that should be (and easily can be) fixed.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Nigerian Prince

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Not this Gen, too little memory

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hope R* did something about it... confused.gif

IrishMantis
  • IrishMantis

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:51 AM

Def wont happen thsi Gen.

Not for a Graphical Upgrade

But this is the main reason iw ant this game ported and upgraded next Gen, For this to be fixed, better Draw Distance off how far cars can be seen from
better memory altogether, so we can have traffic Jams, Armys off Police chasing you, and towns full off people,,, Sleeping Dog was the closest to pulling this off but fell short in other Compartments,

Although im 100% sure its not fixed because it cant be im hoping its not worst than GTA IV since there using more CPU with this one

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

OK I see people bitch about this all the time? I never understood it! if I look for half an hour to find an infernus and i crash it but ten spawn around me isn't that a good thing, so I can get another one if it flipped over or I want a different color? If they "fixed" it, than my car is gone and I'm surrounded by taxis and sh*tty cars...

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

I seem to remember a mod for gta 3/vc that pretty much listed every car in the same class, and that helped spawning. Drive a truck and more industrial vehicles appear
Drive a comet , expect to see more sports cars
This mod iirc levelled all that so any car would spawn while driving any other

It's a memory issue? Maybe but it's just lines of code; certain models and textures loaded. I personally don't understand why it CAN'T be done - in guess repeating that same model is lighter on resources

I know that road in bohan for example (far west side, connects the bridge to Algonquin and down the west side) repeat spawns anything you're on
Good place to clone cars, though I hope this is addressed

Car spawning is bad in traffic - open empty road then look behind you then BAM you've rear ended six cars

albinobuffalo96
  • albinobuffalo96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

As others have said, they might be able to put in a code to stop supercars from spawning when you are driving one, making an exception and telling it not to load even though its pre loaded. Personally, I think they could alleviate this by using up a little bit more memory and just limiting how many of one model can be in one place, not drastically, but enough to diversify the streets a little more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users