Mod garages problem

8 replies to this topic
Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

Sweep 'em all!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

Problem: I'm unable to modify any car, even if it can be modded otherwise. The door opens, the marker appears but the mod menu never appears. I tried modding a Sultan at Wheel Arch Angels, but no luck. The door opened, but there was no marker.

Notes:

• All mods shops are unlocked, since I passed the required missions.
• All street races are finished.
• My game is a clean install without any mods.
• It used to work earlier on the same save.

Now, I'm trying so much to modify a turismo at TransFender, reloading doesn't work, nor does restarting fix it.

user posted image

Please can anyone test this on their game. I'm providing a save file -- http://gtasnp.com/38356

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by fnxrak, 19 July 2013 - 12:41 PM.

It's weird I have tried and the save is glitched it even scared me a little since it's a modified version of my game but my 100% it's just fine. Have you edited the save???
If not you must have done something different that prevents from it!!!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

http://gtasnp.com/38362

See if the save linked above works for you. I'm not sure what was wrong. My best guess is that the carmod script got interrupted somehow and didn't get a chance to reset it's variables. On this save I set global variable $10082 = 1 using my glitch fixer cleo script, which let the carmod script load but it was still buggy -- it was black screened and exited to the center point of the map in the field in Blueberry. However, when I returned to the transfender in LV everything seemed to be working correctly. I didn't check WAA or Loco.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Is your game a DVD being played with the DVD in the Drive, or Steam Download?

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

Sweep 'em all!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

It's a DVD install.

I would like to add something:

I heard of a trick where leaving a car in the mod shop reduces traffic. So I tried this to ease up the San Fierro street races. I left a car in the transfender near the Wang Cars Showroom and started the races. But this didn't work. When I came back after completing the races, the car was gone. The next time I brought a car to the Transfender, the mod menu never appeared.

QUOTE (fnxrak)

It's weird I have tried and the save is glitched it even scared me a little since it's a modified version of my game but my 100% it's just fine. Have you edited the save???
If not you must have done something different that prevents from it!!!

Yes, it's your mastersave. I was collecting proofed vehicles. BTW I used hmvartak's online glitch repair tool to fix the Gym Glitch.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Maybe it was one or the other, but it's strange because I used the trick to reduce traffic to make the rustler EP/FP and it did not screw up the mods garages back then.

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

Sweep 'em all!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

Anyways, thanks OrionSR. I'll have to check your provided save. Maybe I discovered a new glitch which really affects the game.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by OrionSR, 21 July 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Let me know if you can figure out how to recreate the glitch. I didn't really learn anything about what was going on with the scripts and global variables. I had just started to look into to it but the first variable I tried tweaking got the ball rolling again, and for a once-off glitch I figured that was good enough.

It's very unlikely that the gym glitch fix would have any influences on this, but thanks for reporting it's use anyway. Sometimes these things are related, other times they aren't, but it's always good to have as much detail as possible.

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

Sweep 'em all!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:58 PM Edited by Frenzzy, 21 July 2013 - 03:01 PM.

I'll check if I can re-do the glitch on a save I had earlier.

But once again, this was precisely what I had done:

I heard of a trick where leaving a car in the mod shop reduces traffic. So I tried this to ease up the San Fierro street races. I left a car in the transfender near the Wang Cars Showroom and started the races. But this didn't work. When I came back after completing the races, the car was gone. The next time I brought a car to the Transfender, the mod menu never appeared.

E:

BTW I destroyed a car inside the Transfender. And I came out. When the door closed, the car disappeared. Any idea what happened to it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users