For The Love of Rockstar Games

42 replies to this topic
Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

Hey guys,

this has been on my mind for quite some time now. I thought we could give Rockstar Games something back for all the hard, passionate work they do day for day to develop such great games like Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Max Payne 3, Manhunt, Bully, Midnight Club, GTAV, etc. etc. etc.

I thought since GTAV is just around the corner (59 days left to launch) we could arrange a gift basket for the guys at Rockstar Games working so hard - like no other game developer out there.

I thought someone near the Rockstar HQ could send the gift basket to them once we decided what to include in the basket.

We have to show Rockstar Games that we love them, their work and simply everything they do - we have to show how thankful we are for what they are doing.

I'd please you all to give suggestions for what should be in the gift basket.

Just write a list here and if someone would be so kind to manage this all - we'd be very very thankful.

About what it's going to cost - I hope someone here can suggest how we manage to send the deliverer of the gift basket the money for all the stuff we want to include in the basket.

If all goes fine - I'd think the deliverer, who lives near the Rockstar HQ delivers the gift basket to the Rockstar HQ at the launch date of GTAV, September 17 - via mail or straight by ring at Rockstar HQ's bell.

There should also be a letter of appreciation be included in the final gift basket.

I'd be pleased to hear some suggestions for what we should write inside the letter of appreciation - also we could somehow manage to get everyones signatures in there, digital or so?

I hope this is getting real - I think Rockstar would thank us all so much for this gift basket and the letter of appreciation.

So let the managing begin. I'll add the contributors in this post as well as all the important information coming up.

Cheers,
Emmi

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

We give them money.

I am kidding. That's actually a good idea but I don't know if it would work. You can probably send a letter to their mouthoff with a thank you from people on the forum.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 06:33)
We give them money.

I am kidding. That's actually a good idea but I don't know if it would work. You can probably send a letter to their mouthoff with a thank you from people on the forum.

It should be sth unique!

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

the only thanks from us is $ for GTA V .
this is absurd idea .

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (xzxxsicko @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 06:37)
the only thanks from us is $ for GTA V .
this is absurd idea .

Yes.

I think if someone really wants to do something like this, just send an email to their mouthoff from the fans expressing how grateful we are for their time and effort on the game, that we wish them all the success with it etc.

While the intentions are good sending something physical to them, like a gift basket, is just going to seem a little odd and may not even be possible.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

If you want to give them a gift, buy their games and spread the good cheer icon14.gif I'm pretty sure that's all the Housers want

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

In general it's a nice idea.

But: What did they gave us as a gift in the past? A 5 month delay, months of silence and phrases like "more info soon" before the silence.

The game will be awesome and they get lots of money from me. I will pay the game directly and will not send them a message that I will pay it "in a few weeks or so" - this should be enough of a gift.

DrProfessor
  • DrProfessor

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Ya think Rockstar might just be a little creeped out by this bored.gif ?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

We are buying their game. They will make millions from it so I think a gift basket will be nothing to them. They get employee parties, trips to exotic locations, all paid for by us, the people who buy their products. Gift basket would get laughed at by them and tossed in the bin.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Life's a game...don't take it so seriously

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

We could send Dan Houser some rogaine lol.gif

Just kidding! I love you Dan, and your bald head too haha.

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

I'll be sending them 150$ for my Collectors Edition. If we want them to know the appreciation we have, send them a letter saying how thankful we are for the game and end it with a ps that says "we will be sending an appreciative gift basket from all of us in a few months or so..."

grafftistain
  • grafftistain

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

I am buying a £40 game that is more than enough. Rockstar could afford to release the game at £10 and still make profit.

WORSHIP KRAFF
  • WORSHIP KRAFF

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 06:48)

But: What did they gave us as a gift in the past? A 5 month delay, months of silence and phrases like "more info soon" before the silence.

The game will be awesome and they get lots of money from me. I will pay the game directly and will not send them a message that I will pay it "in a few weeks or so" - this should be enough of a gift.

Umm I'm sorry but the delay wasn't made on purpose just to annoy people, they did it in order to make the game as good as it could be, so people like you should open their eyes and realize the delay was in fact a GIFT. Either way, people would complain, so I don't know why I even bother.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (WORSHIP KRAFF @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 07:26)

Umm I'm sorry but the delay wasn't made on purpose just to annoy people, they did it in order to make the game as good as it could be, so people like you should open their eyes and realize the delay was in fact a GIFT. Either way, people would complain, so I don't know why I even bother.

The delay is no prob for me. But I dont get why they didn't tell us earlier. Instead they announced a date for cover reveal. And instead of showing the Cover that Day, they announced a delay. This was bullsh*t at it's finest

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Thank you, Rockstar, for the cutting of digital content and not releasing it for PC in September! suicidal.gif

WORSHIP KRAFF
  • WORSHIP KRAFF

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 07:30)
QUOTE (WORSHIP KRAFF @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 07:26)

The delay is no prob for me. But I dont get why they didn't tell us earlier. Instead they announced a date for cover reveal. And instead of showing the Cover that Day, they announced a delay. This was bullsh*t at it's finest

I guess they didn't have the delay planned for such a long time. Either way, it doesn't matter, we're just two months away from the release, and I'm glad they took 5 extra months to polish everything and enhance our gaming experience. icon14.gif

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Eh no thanks.

I'm already paying £40 for the game. That's all they care about. Our money. They are a business. It's sad how you think you need to send them gifts. Just send an email or letter saying thank you.

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Instead of giving them lame physical stuff, why not give every R* developer a hug? blush.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Can we put a hidden microphone and camera and transmitter in it, and can we send it this week instead of waiting until 17 September? And keep sending one of these gift baskets a day?

OT: Nice thought. I do appreciate all the creativity and long hours and standing up for good ideas, that a huge creative and talented team like Rockstar North bring to their projects. They are truly unique.

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

tl;dr
dont give them money tho.. lets give them a broken, beat up copy of Saints Row IV

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

I think its an Awesome idea.
But not sure what we can get them...

A Copy of GTA V but the disk is Gold instead of the actual image. or cover image to gold so they can put it in a frame and say it was from the GTAForum.
And a Letter which talks of our Thanks to them
with the names of the people on the forum.

Not sure what you can really give them, Theyre getting the cash so.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Once again, I can't believe people are planning love letters for a company that has shamelessly cut digital contents.

Ranieri.
  • Ranieri.

Aim To Please, Shoot To Kill.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

What gift did they give me in the past? They brought out the DLC for gta IV early on Xbox.
SCREW THEIR BASKET.

Still love em' though.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

I really hope you guys are kidding. There are so many other developers that are just as good if not better. Also you want to thank Rockstar for taking content out of the disc and giving PC a port?

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

GTA Originated on PC but didn't become popular until GTA III got onto Ps2....

Plus im not a PC Gamer. Only with Total War etc and that's not often cos my PC doesn't run the latest stuff but my point being...

GTA went through PC games being given bad reviews and it wasn't until GTA III that R* were congratulated on the awesome game theyd put together. This is there 5th Game Generation and that's somin to celebrate. Just like if they reach 10-15-20-25-etc. Its all to celebrate. 5 Generations of GTA Gaming. And III is what put them on the Map. That's why theyre (possibly) showing PS3 love this game (even though they did Xbox with IV)

R* is a company which went through loads to get where they are. Like many others i agree but your on a GTA Forum talking about R* not being as deserving as other developer after they spend years creating unique game worlds for you to go into. What would you play if R* didn exist?

There would be a big gap in the market.
R* deserves some appreciation even if it is something small. So do many others but this righ here be about GTA V & R*. So don't justify they shouldn't by claiming that others should when this is a topic about whose the most deserving developer.

Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

While I think this is actually a great idea, a symbol of apprecation on behalf of everyone here on GTAforums, a gift basket would be sort of silly, not trying to stomp on your idea man, I just agree with others here that a hefty email to their mouthoff on behalf of everyone on GTAforums with some individual quotes from users who post on this thread would be a more productive thing to do smile.gif

If this does happen, count me in! I'd love to add something to the email, even if it is just a signature or something.

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (grafftistain @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 07:23)
I am buying a £40 game that is more than enough. Rockstar could afford to release the game at £10 and still make profit.

biggrin.gif for a " £40 " I'm pretty sure they have less than 5 dollars so if you want it for £10 I can tell you we won't have a GTA 6 or any other R* game ... And i'm sorry but GTA serie is probably one of the only game who deserve to be at £40 ( wich is apparently 60$ ), it's not like these stupid FPS where you can finish the game in 2 hours and after that you play with kids only & have to pay 15 Dlcs ... I don't buy a lot of full price games but when it's a R* game I do it eyes closed, I bought all their GTA, RDR, LA noire and i never regret to spend my money on it !

We have to show Rockstar Games that we love them, their work and simply everything they do - we have to show how thankful we are for what they are doing.

Just send them a mail / email ... and i'm pretty sure they already know " we love them, their work and simply everything they do " when you see how much of their games have been sell ...

V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, an e-mail or a letter expressing our excitment and gratefulness would suffice. Not being funny but we are already giving them something back by buying the game. Its always been one game i've never hesitated to buy because I know it'll always be a great game and I have never played another series that offers more for the money.

Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (V8VANTAGE @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 08:50)
Yeah, an e-mail or a letter expressing our excitment and gratefulness would suffice. Not being funny but we are already giving them something back by buying the game. Its always been one game i've never hesitated to buy because I know it'll always be a great game and I have never played another series that offers more for the money.

I pre-ordered it a couple days after the first trailer, haha! though as soon as I knew it even existed I put the money together to buy it, I don't do that for any other series nor game company.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 13:50)
I really hope you guys are kidding. There are so many other developers that are just as good if not better. Also you want to thank Rockstar for taking content out of the disc and giving PC a port?

Exactly my point. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users