Why Ballad of Gay graphics since better than GTA4

8 replies to this topic
ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Why GTA4:Ballad of Gay graphics seem better than GTA4 ones****

The GTA4:TOGT graphics seem clear compare to GTA4 it was blurry. Why *R put the blurry effect in GTA4

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Different timecyc.dat to fit the club and "glamorous" atmosphere.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

What does that file change do specifically?

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

It is more "clear" and crisp in TBOGT because of the lifestyle of Luis Lopez. He is involved in the more glamorous side of life in Liberty City. While in GTA IV, Niko is a rough criminal who is struggling to get by. GTA IV is more dark and depressing, therefore its graphics represent that.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Timecyc changes the weather, and the atmosphere, I think. GTA 4 is more dark because it has a darker story, but then TBOGT is a lot more "bright" to match Luis' life-style.

Hmm, so if I change my GTA4 timecyc data to TBOGT timecyc data will GTA4 look like TBOGT? Or is that utterly retarded? tounge.gif

Ryan2501
  • Ryan2501

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

I came here to ask this very question, everything seems much more crisp and detailed in TBOGT than in GTA IV. Similar in style to RDR, less 'blurry' than IV. If the reason of this is as stated by above posters, that it's meant to make the city look more depressing to suit Niko's story, then personally I find that very disappointing as I think the difference in graphics is actually quite substantial.

I assumed that they just learnt a few things since developing IV and managed to tweak a few things to make the game look better, or maybe because there's less 'story data' on the disc than IV they have more capacity for more detailed textures etc?

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

TBOGT was more colorful, while TLAD looked more gritty. this is just to added the desired atmosphere to the games. i wouldnt say TBOGT looked 'better' than IV or TLAD though.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

Also remember that this game came out AFTER IV, so it is naturally going to be improved in some aspects as compared to the previous game-just look at the III-era games and how III was the first released, then when VC came out, it had improvements over III and SA had improvements over VC and LCS and VCS had their own improvements as well. Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Is pepsi okay?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:04)
Timecyc changes the weather, and the atmosphere, I think. GTA 4 is more dark because it has a darker story, but then TBOGT is a lot more "bright" to match Luis' life-style.

Hmm, so if I change my GTA4 timecyc data to TBOGT timecyc data will GTA4 look like TBOGT? Or is that utterly retarded? tounge.gif

It'll work. You can make Niko seem like he's got a great life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users