» «
Photo

Need help with modding gta iv

10 replies to this topic
Brandeeno
  • Brandeeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Brandeeno, 19 July 2013 - 10:00 PM.

hello i would like some help with my gta iv because i cannot mod or put mods in the game whatsoever... i have the mods installed correctly as shown the asi loader correct everything done but when i run the game it says DSOUND.dll does not have permission to do --- i cant remember the rest because it only shows once and then the next time i run it, it just stops responding and crashes confused.gif i have spent over a week and half trying to get the hulk mod working but im not getting any luck, i cant get past the dsound problem, can anyone help? i am frustrated to the point of rage so if anyone could help me that would be awesome ^_^

heres the specs on my Laptop:
Toshiba Satelite L775D
AMD A6 3420M Quad core 1.5 Ghz With:
Radeon HD 6520G (single graphics card)
8GB RAM 64 bit operating system
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

and i was reading through the forums and seen that i had to have NET fx 3.5 installed for asi loader to work but i downloaded it from the link given and i clicked it.... nothing, it would show extracting or even respond... it also said to try the 2.0 if the 3.5 doesnt work for some reason but the link was broken confused.gif
also with the asi loader not installed the game works perfectly fine and i can install the hulk PED skin and works fine, as soon as i install it crashes and gives me all sorts of problems btw my gta iv is 1.0.0.0 i believe i dont want to update because it has a slight lag problem with 1.0.7.0
if i didint list anything just let me know ^_^ one more thing, when i went to install the 2.0 it said that .NET fx is already on my computer and comes with the system software.
i figured out how to get the error again and heres the exact error:

Exception EFCreateError in module DSOUND.dll at 000116C5. Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\asilog.txt". Access is denied.

The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close application.

Skorpro
  • Skorpro

GTAholic

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

...DSOUND.dll does not have permission to do...
Exception EFCreateError in module DSOUND.dll at 000116C5. Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\asilog.txt". Access is denied.

Try:

• Right-click on "Rockstar Games" folder (eg. C:\Program Files (x86))
  • Choose Properties
  • Click on Security tab
  • Click the EDIT button
  • Now choose you account (eg. USER) in "Group or user names" window
  • In "Permissions for ..." window (below) click the "FULL CONTROL" checkbox
  • Click APPLY then OK button

if i didint list anything just let me know ^_^ one more thing, when i went to install the 2.0 it said that .NET fx is already on my computer and comes with the system software.

I think you need Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) too. (After installing make an Windows update!)

btw my gta iv is 1.0.0.0 i believe i dont want to update because it has a slight lag problem with 1.0.7.0

Try GTA IV Update v1.0.4.0... it should have the best performance for many mods and systems...

But first try the "folder properties" step!

Good luck... smile.gif

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Skorpro @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 02:10)

Try:

• Choose Properties

• Click on Security tab

• Click the EDIT button

I think you need Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) too. (After installing make an Windows update!)

btw my gta iv is 1.0.0.0 i believe i dont want to update because it has a slight lag problem with 1.0.7.0

Try GTA IV Update v1.0.4.0... it should have the best performance for many mods and systems...

Good luck... smile.gif

Windows Update is not needed, just .NET 4.5 (it supports 4.0 as well) any profile is ok.

Brandeeno
  • Brandeeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (pedro2555 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 13:32)
QUOTE (Skorpro @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 02:10)

Try:

• Choose Properties

• Click on Security tab

• Click the EDIT button

Good luck... smile.gif

Windows Update is not needed, just .NET 4.5 (it supports 4.0 as well) any profile is ok.

thank you guys so much! biggrin.gif i will try this and let you know if it works ^_^

Brandeeno
  • Brandeeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

okay i managed to launch the game because i updated to 1.0.1.0 then it didnt work so i updated to 1.0.4.0 and it managed to launch with no errors but im using a different mod which is left4liberty but when it went to load the savegame it just exits completly and almost instantly so i read the script hook log and heres the log:
CODE

Log start: Wed Aug 07 18:38:10 2013
-----------------------------------------------
[INFO] GTA IV Script Hook 0.5.1 - (C) 2009, Aru - Initialized
[INFO] Process base address: 0x1300000
[INFO] Auto detecting game version
[INFO] Using game version 1.0.0.4 (patch 5)
[INFO] [ScriptHookDotNet] Thread started
[INFO] Script Hook - Shutdown

i dont know what happenned it just shuts down at the save game load and it doesnt even tell me the error please help!

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Brandeeno @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 23:02)
okay i managed to launch the game because i updated to 1.0.1.0 then it didnt work so i updated to 1.0.4.0 and it managed to launch with no errors but im using a different mod which is left4liberty but when it went to load the savegame it just exits completly and almost instantly so i read the script hook log and heres the log:
CODE

i dont know what happenned it just shuts down at the save game load and it doesnt even tell me the error please help!

Can you be more specific ? Have you just installed the game, or have you just started using mods ?
What do you mean by 'a different mod', different from what ? Please provide a list of of mods before the error, and a list of mods after the error. Including vehicle mods, which maybe the cause.
Also I suggest you to update to 1.0.7.0.

Brandeeno
  • Brandeeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (pedro2555 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:08)
CODE

Can you be more specific ? Have you just installed the game, or have you just started using mods ?
What do you mean by 'a different mod', different from what ? Please provide a list of of mods before the error, and a list of mods after the error. Including vehicle mods, which maybe the cause.

please read the past posts

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Brandeeno @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 23:38)
QUOTE (pedro2555 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:08)
CODE

please read the past posts

Sorry.

Following Skorpro's suggestion, you might have to get ownership of the files and folders in GTAIV directory.

On the security tab click Advanced. Select the Owner tab, and change the owner to yourself (you must be a local sys admin to do this).

Also make sure effective permissions allow your user to have full control (as well as SYSTEM user).

Just for the record, I use Win 7 Enterprise SP1 (Windows Update service fully disabled), Visual C++ 2005/2008/2010 and .NET 4.5 (since 4.5 there is only one profile, Full Profile)

Brandeeno
  • Brandeeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

well i dont know what is going on but everytime i run gta iv it crashes whenever i put the scripthookDotNet.asi back in the folder it crashes when its trying to load the game confused.gif i followed your intructions and changed the owner to me and my account is all checked for permissions, is there any other scripthookDotNet.asi files i could get that would work and load the scripts properly, i heard there was another asi loader called: .NetScripthook.asi or something like that maybe theres scripthookdontnet.asi compatible with my version which is 1.0.4 any ideas?

Skorpro
  • Skorpro

GTAholic

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:56 AM Edited by Skorpro, 15 August 2013 - 09:05 AM.

QUOTE (Brandeeno @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 17:23)
well i dont know what is going on but everytime i run gta iv it crashes whenever i put the scripthookDotNet.asi back in the folder it crashes when its trying to load the game confused.gif i followed your intructions and changed the owner to me and my account is all checked for permissions, is there any other scripthookDotNet.asi files i could get that would work and load the scripts properly, i heard there was another asi loader called: .NetScripthook.asi or something like that maybe theres scripthookdontnet.asi compatible with my version which is 1.0.4 any ideas?

Hi!
1st: GTA IV v1.0.0.4 is not v1.0.4.0!
CODE

2nd: It's not a good idea to use ScriptHook v0.5.1 with GTA IV v1.0.0.4!
CODE

wink.gif

What you need is....:Note:
  • Some mods are incompatible with the ScriptHook v0.4!
  • Never use two ASI Loaders! (dsound.dll OR xlive.dll!!!)
  • Some info
Have fun smile.gif

EDIT: GTA IV versions ascending order: ...v1.0.2.0, v1.0.3.0, v1.0.4.0, v1.0.0.4, v1.0.7.0

reaszon
  • reaszon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

all this doesnt work

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users