Quantcast

» «
Photo

Chop "caring" gameplay for Micheals children?

18 replies to this topic
Drakulbites
  • Drakulbites

Toxic Beauty

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

I was thinking about the news that we will have to care for Chop or else he will run away and I suddenly thought "What if this caring gameplay isn't just for Chop but for Micheals kids too?".

If I were to daydream about it, I'd imaging that perhaps taking Micheals son bike riding, as seen in the gameplay video, will result in him being a better person. He'll become more active, happier, healthier and perhaps help out at some point in the game.
Leaving him alone, not giving him attention will result in him sitting in his dark room all day, playing FPS games, yelling racial slurs down the headset and getting high. Perhaps he'll attract trouble for you to fix as he mixes with a bunch of wannabe thugs.

I thought maybe we'd have to play tennis with the daughter or drive her to certain places (while an unimportant but, as it's a R* game, amusing and awkward chat between Micheal and his daughter played out over the journey.) to make her like her dad.
This would have benifits, perhaps she can get us discounts in clothing stores or in LS custom garages through her contacts with friends/guys she knows.
Ignoring her will cause her to seek out the attention of other guys after developing "daddy issues" due to Micheal being an absent father because the player didn't bother to spend time with her.

Ok, that little bit was just me throwing out ideas but my point is, would it be likely we'll see that? If they put in the effort to have us care for a dog, why not the children? I'd suggest caring for the wife aswell but the wife thing seems to actually be a storyline thing were as 99.99% of the interaction with the children seems to be unimportant, from what's been shown so far.

Before anyone gets upset because I'm linking drug use with failure or being a bad person, I'm just going by what R* tend to do. Pretty much all R* playable characters will happily kill but will then refuse drugs as R* tend to have the stance that "drugs are bad". I'm not going to debate one way or the other on the subject of drugs, though, as this isn't what the topic is about.

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

I like the idea, but sadly I don't think this is in the game. confused.gif

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

suicidal.gif

Really.. these are the ideas people come up with?

Kaspis
  • Kaspis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I can't see this in the game. I think the "caring" aspect they've got going for chop is partly because he probably can be used in fights etc. And the man and dog relationship dynamic is a little easier to maintain and is not overly complex to portray.

Getting too involved in family life would probably just take away from the game experience.

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Drakulbites @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:25)
I was thinking about the news that we will have to care for Chop or else he will run away and I suddenly thought "What if this caring gameplay isn't just for Chop but for Micheals kids too?".

If I were to daydream about it, I'd imaging that perhaps taking Micheals son bike riding, as seen in the gameplay video, will result in him being a better person. He'll become more active, happier, healthier and perhaps help out at some point in the game.
Leaving him alone, not giving him attention will result in him sitting in his dark room all day, playing FPS games, yelling racial slurs down the headset and getting high. Perhaps he'll attract trouble for you to fix as he mixes with a bunch of wannabe thugs.

I thought maybe we'd have to play tennis with the daughter or drive her to certain places (while an unimportant but, as it's a R* game, amusing and awkward chat between Micheal and his daughter played out over the journey.) to make her like her dad.
This would have benifits, perhaps she can get us discounts in clothing stores or in LS custom garages through her contacts with friends/guys she knows.
Ignoring her will cause her to seek out the attention of other guys after developing "daddy issues" due to Micheal being an absent father because the player didn't bother to spend time with her.

Ok, that little bit was just me throwing out ideas but my point is, would it be likely we'll see that? If they put in the effort to have us care for a dog, why not the children? I'd suggest caring for the wife aswell but the wife thing seems to actually be a storyline thing were as 99.99% of the interaction with the children seems to be unimportant, from what's been shown so far.

Before anyone gets upset because I'm linking drug use with failure or being a bad person, I'm just going by what R* tend to do. Pretty much all R* playable characters will happily kill but will then refuse drugs as R* tend to have the stance that "drugs are bad". I'm not going to debate one way or the other on the subject of drugs, though, as this isn't what the topic is about.

I like that idea.
The thought of being Michael, having to look after your kids to
turn them into better or worse people but what if i was Trevor or Franklin
and paid more attention to them than there father, could that affect how they are? What lives they fall into? Would be a great addition

Drakulbites
  • Drakulbites

Toxic Beauty

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

It's not a "wishlist" thing that I'm hoping will be in. I'm just thinking that they put the time and effort to input that kind of gameplay for a dog.

It seems a bit pointless to have that kind of thing just for a dog.

Edit: That was in reply to Dope.

jeemuel_29
  • jeemuel_29

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

I want my hyper realistic steak, I'm not buying the game if it doesn't have steak.

Drakulbites
  • Drakulbites

Toxic Beauty

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Kaspis @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:31)
I can't see this in the game. I think the "caring" aspect they've got going for chop is partly because he probably can be used in fights etc. And the man and dog relationship dynamic is a little easier to maintain and is not overly complex to portray.

Getting too involved in family life would probably just take away from the game experience.

I see what you're saying.

That's something I don't quite understand. Now, I've never been into having a dog to attack people or for abusing animals but, wouldn't caring for Chop make him sweet and unlikely to hurt anyone?
If we wanting him to be vicious and dangerous so we could have him attack people, wouldn't it make more sense to mistreat him?

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Drakulbites @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:37)
QUOTE (Kaspis @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:31)

I see what you're saying.

That's something I don't quite understand. Now, I've never been into having a dog to attack people or for abusing animals but, wouldn't caring for Chop make him sweet and unlikely to hurt anyone?
If we wanting him to be vicious and dangerous so we could have him attack people, wouldn't it make more sense to mistreat him?

Not really. Itd make him sweet towards you but not the other gangsta's as long as you send him after them occasionally.

JBird991
  • JBird991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

As a dog owner, I like this addition of caring for the dog, does anyone have an article confirming this because I haven't seen one.

I think the caring gameplay could be a simple as taking the dog for a walk, we know that chop can join franklin in his car so maybe it's a simple as taking the dog to the beach for a walk? Making sure the dogs fed etc. I can see it getting pretty old being at the other side of Los santos to have to hurry home to feed my dog.

I do, however, like this and I'm seeing it as just another thing to look forward to.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Micheals kids look too old for running away or needing parental care...If anything Micheal probably wants them to move the f*ck out

JacoBee
  • JacoBee

Still waiting...

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:29)
suicidal.gif

THIS...

STOP WITH THIS BS!THIS IS NOT THE SIMS.

You are cold blood killer and thief...idea with animals is already bad and you want this bs. rolleyes.gif

Drakulbites
  • Drakulbites

Toxic Beauty

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (JacoBee @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 10:58)
QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:29)
suicidal.gif

THIS...

STOP WITH THIS BS!THIS IS NOT THE SIMS.

You are cold blood killer and thief...idea with animals is already bad and you want this bs. rolleyes.gif

We're a cold blooded killer who...can do yoga, play golf, play tennis, go shopping, go hillwalking, parachuting and deep sea diving, change our clothing, hair and tattoos, care for our dog or even dress him up.

But take your son on a bike ride? What? Never! This isn't the Sims!! sneaky2.gif

There are two videos showing Micheal & his son bike riding. One shows them actually cycling togethor and another shows them returning home with the son saying something like "Wow, dad! With more of that, I might not be dead by 35!" which sounds like he enjoyed it and it was an activity rather than a mission/job.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'd rather to take these little bitches that Michael has as childrens to the middle of the desert where they can't come back and abandon them.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Just a reminder, Chop is not Michael's dog.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 06:56)
Micheals kids look too old for running away or needing parental care...If anything Micheal probably wants them to move the f*ck out

Yeah, they're both over 18 IIRC.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

I doubt Michael's kids will follow him around...

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Noooo, no , no- I'll shot his children.

Gedmundo
  • Gedmundo

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Considering that a good portion of Michael's storyline seems to be the relationship between him and his family, any improvement or decline in relations will take place over the story, not mini-games surely. Either way, maintaining relationships and the phonecalls that go with it was one of the most irritating aspects of IV, so I'm dead against it anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users