Photo

What should we expect in GTA Online?

24 replies to this topic
AEJY
  • AEJY

Dimes

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

All we've seen so far is one fragment of what Gta online might look like. It's possible that there are safe houses in multiplayer? What do you guys think will be included?

-AEJY

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Here's what i expect
- At least 50 players in free-roam
- Ability to play mini-games such as Tennis and Golf

Here's what i want
- At least 200 players in free-roam
- Stock trading
- Buy and Sell houses

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

-Dedicated Servers
-50+ players
-All singleplayer features
-Exclusive Vehicles like in TBOGT
-RPG

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (AEJY @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:04)
All we've seen so far is one fragment of what Gta online might look like. It's possible that there are safe houses in multiplayer? What do you guys think will be included?

-AEJY

GTA Online.

Around 19 Players per server.
Economic System > Meaning Stocks? , Property Estate Agency Online Work? Customising Cars? Buying Clothes? Customising Guns? - Its all very much under lock atm

Possibility of Creating a Character? Or Pre Set Created People Like GTA IV

Possibility that there will be Heist missions like RDR had attacks.

Racing,Activities etc.
And you can bet that your gonna have people zooming in planes & cars and the possibilities of meeting gangs online.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

GTA, ONLINE

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

If it's revolutionary like Rockstar says then I'm expecting a lot of players per server, anywhere from 60-100, or more. All of the features in single player and more designed for multiplayer. I'm also expecting crews to be heavily involved in some way, maybe there will be joinable factions and the different crews will be like the different sets in real life gangs.

AEJY
  • AEJY

Dimes

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Great responses icon14.gif

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

50-100 People....You really all expect that?

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (TheWordIsMarc @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:24)

Yeh why not? CNR on SAMP has 250 player slots i think. Rockstar really need to step up with the MP this time.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Do we have an official count of how many players we can see in the online portion of the video?

I only count 16 including the person playing.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

I posted this as something I'd want in the GTA V Wishlist Thread.

In regards to GTA V Online: Maybe it could be sort of like how the MP of Last of Us was where you had to choose a faction for your character to be in. Maybe that would determine which faction your entire crew was in if you were a crew leader and unlocks would be determined by that faction choice? Like all of those listed factions would get clothing and equipment options that match the factions' look. You wouldn't see FIB wearing Ballas colors just as you wouldn't see Grove Street walking around in chinos like the Vargos would.

As for free roam, factions could also factor into any sort of on-the-fly gang wars mini games, like turf grab in RDR. Anyone in the same faction as the player or players claiming a territory belong to would be notified so they could help or not and enemies would be notified so they could try to take it. The territory that is captured would have to go through a cool down so it can't be attacked right away and could be populated by NPC's that belong to the faction that captured it to protect it against the next attack. After a territory was captured by a faction, let's say that the players who captured it get a set amounf of experience for the capture and a percentage of the revenue that would be generated through drugs sales or whatever that would take place during the cool down and add to the players actual money pool and would keep generating until the territory was attacked and captured by opposing forces (The 'drug deals' would probably just be handled by NPC's or even just be implied). This could even go as far as to add a percentage of revenue to the faction that captured the territory which would add to the factions overall strength in a global gang war similar to the way Chrome Hounds' MP was. (I doubt anyone has played that game but look it up to get my point.) Maybe there could be options of which hood were controlled by each faction before starting a game. That way everyone will get revenue and protection for territories at start up but more ambitious players will attack other territories to increase the revenue they are getting.

Factions List:
Grove Street Families
Ballas
Los Santos Vagos
The Lost MC
Angels of Death MC
Los Santos Police
F.I.B

Another idea would be impromptu street races between players in free roam. Maybe there could be some racing for pink slips or money. Not only that but all of th aforementioned things could be happening while other players aren't even giving a sh*t and doing regular activities like yoga, tennis, golf, scuba diving, etc.

Another thing I'd want in addition to the factions idea would be that the police faction would have to actively stop players who are criminals. Maybe they could be a part of the gang wars part but instead of capturing hoods they have to raid already controlled hoods and stop any sort of illicit activity. If they succeed they make a hood uncapturable for an X amount of time.

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (pariah87 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:26)
Do we have an official count of how many players we can see in the online portion of the video?

Some people count 19. People have searched online for the accounts of the devs and it totals to 32.

uShield
  • uShield

Ready To Defend

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (CM_Kimmy @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:26)

Yeh why not? CNR on SAMP has 250 player slots i think. Rockstar really need to step up with the MP this time.

Some servers has 500+ slots -_-

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well to say expect makes it sound like we're spoiled.......but if it's as revolutionary for GTA multiplayer as GTA 3 was for single player then I am expecting big things. A higher player count and a lot of features is a good place to start. But if it doesn't happen I won't be too disappopinted because all I really need is Free Roam.

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (CM_Kimmy @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:26)

True I guess...But i dunno they may step it up slightly but i can see it takin loads of ppl on the servers straight up. Even though it would be good. Takes years for them to set up a GTA Game.

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:33)

Well to say expect makes it sound like we're spoiled.......but if it's as revolutionary for GTA multiplayer as GTA 3 was for single player then I am expecting big things. A higher player count and a lot of features is a good place to start. But if it doesn't happen I won't be too disappopinted because all I really need is Free Roam.

True. I just wasn't expecting it cause they normally down stamp online on GTA. I guess thus is there revolution year for online though. It'll good to see exactly the amount of each servers and capability of what you can do.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (TheWordIsMarc @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:35)

True. I just wasn't expecting it cause they normally down stamp online on GTA. I guess thus is there revolution year for online though. It'll good to see exactly the amount of each servers and capability of what you can do.

The fact that Defiance can get 10,000 players in a server with only a little bit of a performance hiccup only reassures the hope of getting a high number of players. Not to mention that Defiance's map is probably smaller than GTA V's is going to be.(It only lags slightly during the dynamic events where there were tons of players)

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:45)

The fact that Defiance can get 10,000 players in a server with only a little bit of a performance hiccup only reassures the hope of getting a high number of players. Not to mention that Defiance's map is probably smaller than GTA V's is going to be.(It only lags slightly during the dynamic events where there were tons of players)

I love your idea by the same about the Crew Mode Present Fractions.
And yeah i guess so. I hope they push the boundaries and come out with an
awesome amount of players. I was thinking 19-32 originally but yall just confirming the
facts that GTA V is going to need to push the boat out when it comes to online play.

The only thing that i feel people would have with your fractions idea would be if people
have created gangs , lets say Grove Street. But more outsiders are choosing the Grove Street
Preset logo. People are gonna get confused and end up turning in there own or the wrong people.

I think the only way theyd get away with that would be something like COD have Emblem creators for individual people.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (TheWordIsMarc @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:52)
QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:45)

I love your idea by the same about the Crew Mode Present Fractions.
And yeah i guess so. I hope they push the boundaries and come out with an
awesome amount of players. I was thinking 19-32 originally but yall just confirming the
facts that GTA V is going to need to push the boat out when it comes to online play.

The only thing that i feel people would have with your fractions idea would be if people
have created gangs , lets say Grove Street. But more outsiders are choosing the Grove Street
Preset logo. People are gonna get confused and end up turning in there own or the wrong people.

I think the only way theyd get away with that would be something like COD have Emblem creators for individual people.

You may be right about that. Maybe it depends on the crew(s) each player is a part of too. Most crews have more than 1 emblem published so maybe you'll be able to at least choose from a pool of all the emblems your crews have made, that is to say if you can't make your own emblem. Also I hope you can choose to show your emblem on your clothing or car, that'd be nice.

mondayonfire
  • mondayonfire

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

safehouse for each player

Palm3
  • Palm3

I will laugh at the giant beaver!!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

In freeroam:

I hope we can group up for different activities for example:

Some go Dirtbiking in the hills with a small group
Some will play tennis together
Some will fly around in planes in groups
Some will go diving together
Some will go hunt together

All these people can get together on specific places on the map

for example:

Dirtbiking - base of large mountain, some point in the desert
Tennis - one of the tenniscourts (obviously)
Flying in planes - one of the airports
Diving - one of the marina's
Hunting - one of few hunting trailers

If you are in one of these group, you can hear the other ones speak.. but I would like to see the opion to be able to turn off the individual voices (in case there's an annoying kid or something in the group)

and then there might be the other Modes: deathmatch, races, capture the flag, group heists... but what i would really like to see:

Group takeover:

You are in a small group of online players, the mission is to take over (for example) a military base.. but you will NEED to work together to capture it. One is a hacker, a few will be shooting, one is a demolition guy, one is a spotter etc.

Just a few ideas biggrin.gif

xbangz
  • xbangz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

-24 or 32 players in each lobby
-Shootouts in specific locked places in the map (like inside of a warehouse, a prison or even the military base)
-Co-op missions
-Most of the single player mini-games available for all players
-Very customizable characters and weapons
-Heist missions marked on the map for XP (Just like RDR's gang hideouts)

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (CM_Kimmy @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:27)

Some people count 19. People have searched online for the accounts of the devs and it totals to 32.

I've counted it twice now, 15+1.. It does not matter how many accounts there are.
OK, it is possible, that they did not have full "room" but c'mon! 50-100?! biggrin.gif That's ridiculous. biggrin.gif

Aronymous
  • Aronymous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

I hope they have flying races. That could be really fun.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (YukiEiri @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 11:43)
QUOTE (CM_Kimmy @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:27)

I've counted it twice now, 15+1.. It does not matter how many accounts there are.
OK, it is possible, that they did not have full "room" but c'mon! 50-100?! biggrin.gif That's ridiculous. biggrin.gif

Rockstar promised it to be revolutionary, Keeping a 16 player count doesn't even begin to fit that promise. Also, I'm going to keep mentioning it until everyone actually comes to their senses about player count. It's all about the SERVER not the console itself. Defiance has 10,000 players to a server.. If they can do it so can everyone else. At this point player count is completely reliant on the developer to set.

You are entitled to your opinion but don't shoot others down because they are a little ambitious with their hopes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users