Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which is the Best Nintendo Console OF ALL TIME!

18 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Nintendo console do you think is the best? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Nintendo console do you think is the best?

1. NES (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

2. Super Nintendo (12 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Nintendo 64 (21 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

4. Game Cube (9 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

5. Wii (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

6. Wii U (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

7. None, they should become a Third Party game maker (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote
clockworkmechanicalman
  • clockworkmechanicalman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

tounge.gif

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

GameCube for sure. My favorite console ever. I had way too much fun with that sh*t.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

N64 had Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie therefore nothing beats it.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

For me it is between Gamecube and N64

I know Wii original plays Gamecube games, but still nothing beats playing it on the original system. Especially when some games connect with the Game boy advance. I remember playing the Zelda game that was a link between the two.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

N64. Goldeneye, Conker, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time. N64 pwns. icon14.gif

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

As much love as I have for the NES and SNES, one thing will always stick with me is when I first laid eyes on our brand new N64. I remember coming home from school and seeing my brother and sister in the living room already playing Mario Kart on it. Boy was I excited, and f*ck yes was I jealous because I had to do homework first.

So N64 has to be my favorite. I was like 8 when it came out, so I was young but old enough to understand just how awesome that machine was at the time. It was also the last Nintendo console I ever owned, so that also makes it more special as it signified and end to an era for me.

clockworkmechanicalman
  • clockworkmechanicalman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

I grew up with NES and SNES, I've got to say SNES. cool.gif The titles it had: Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country 1,2,&3, Final Fight 1,2,&3, Street Fighter 2 (any version), Earthworm Jim, Kirby Superstar, Super Castlevania 4, Super Metroid, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat 2, the list goes on. Of course N64 had Goldeneye, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Mario Kart 64, but in my opinion the list pales in comparison to Super Nintendo, as does the controller. I was not a fan of the N64 Controller. Though N64's controller was no where near as bad as the Lamecube's. This journey down memory lane makes me wonder if I should mod my original Xbox. Hmm... I don't know. I'm afraid I'd just f*ck it up somehow confused.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

Any normal person will know it can only be the SNES.

That thing was a juggernaught of gaming goodness.

The N64 had some really really awesome stuff but I think it's downfall was the PS1, and that too also had amazing exclusives.

I think if it wasn't for the PS1 the N64 would have been the king easily and we could have had cartidge games for a lot longer, the N64 could have even surpassed the SNES. It just arrived a tiny bit too late to beat out competition from the PS1.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 02:45)
N64 had Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie therefore nothing beats it.

Sper Mario 64.
Ocarina of time.
Goldeneye.
Perfect Dark.
Majoras mask.
Shadowman.
THQ wrestling games like No Mercy.
The list goes on.
N64 undoubtedly the best console. Anyone who disagrees is likely too young to know.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Maybe I'm old, but... NES was my fav.

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Zelda II: The Adventures of Link
Duck Hunt
Paperboy
Super Contra
Ninja Guidan
Tecmo Bowl
Excite Bike
Skate or Die!
etc.

SNES had Donkey King Country, which blew my mind. N64 had Golden Eye, which was awesome, but by that time I was burned out on Mario and Link, who looked kinda gay in 3D imho. I quickly gravitated to PS1 with Twisted Metal, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

The Nintendo 64 was definitely the best for me, I loved Mario-Kart on that thing. I enjoyed it a fair bit on the Wii as well because I played both of those with mates.

Nintendo seem to be very much hit and miss, with the exception of NES and SNES. 64 was a hit, Gamecube miss, Wii Hit, Wii-U miss (Althought Xbox one is helping its case a lot).
Nintendo consoles, I dunno, they should release them less often so people get a craving for mario and Zelda again.

Nintendo has dominated handheld gaming though, see their problem lately is releasing weak consoles, conversely Sony's problem is releasing overpriced handhelds. If Sony made cheaper handhelds and Nintendo made more powerful consoles, they might strike a balance.

However at the same time, having a weaker console does well in some cases Ie; Wii. So perhaps my first suggestion was better, release less often. Wii-U's poor sales may have been partly due to confusing marketing, the targeted crowd of young kid's parents probably thought the Wii-U was just an add on for the the Wii.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Nintendo 64. I love playing OoT and Super Mario 64 on it.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

deff N64. but honestly at the state that nintendo is now i think they should seriously consider becoming a 3rd party dev. the wii was a failure to hardcore gaming market and WII U was a failure as a whole.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Snes! Donkey kong country,mario allstars inlove.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 02:51)
deff N64. but honestly at the state that nintendo is now i think they should seriously consider becoming a 3rd party dev. the wii was a failure to hardcore gaming market and WII U was a failure as a whole.

The wii was the most popular of the generation though, as far as a business goes that's not even close to a failure, I think doing something different is great. I enjoyed the Wii because games were fun, the graphics were sh*t and I know that's the only reason you don't like it. But gameplay is fun. My issue with it was lack of titles.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 08:25)
Maybe I'm old, but... NES was my fav.

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Zelda II: The Adventures of Link
Duck Hunt
Paperboy
Super Contra
Ninja Guidan
Tecmo Bowl
Excite Bike
Skate or Die!
etc.

SNES had Donkey King Country, which blew my mind. N64 had Golden Eye, which was awesome, but by that time I was burned out on Mario and Link, who looked kinda gay in 3D imho. I quickly gravitated to PS1 with Twisted Metal, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

I was considering putting my fav Nintendo game, which is Super Mario 3.
Loved my nes, never had a snes, but I just needed the ability to save games which is why I gravitate to N64.

Love your PS2 list, some of my fav PS2 games.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

Gamecube IMO. Just the memories of being 5 playing Spider-Man on it. <3

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

Since the N64 was my first console, I'm going to be a bit basis towards it. It had some of my favorite games growing up as a child, like Goldeneye and Majora's Mask.(Which if it was ever remade for the 3DS, I would buy a 3DS in a heartbeat) Never really played any of their home consoles. I do own 2 generations of gameboy and a ds lite.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 20:31)
Gamecube IMO. Just the memories of being 5 playing Spider-Man on it. <3

It hurts my soul to think there's someone who shares a website with me that was 5 when the Gamecube came out. No offense to you, I just feel old as f*ck all of a sudden.

SNES for me. Mostly for Final Fantasy 4-6, Chrono Trigger, and Sim City. The NES was my first console, but the only game on that that I really remember fondly is Joust. All those Mario games were cool, but they've been re-released so many times I hardly associate them with the old system. Never had an N64, and when I played at a friend's place, it was only ever Goldeneye or Pokemon Stadium.

I've never personally owned a Nintendo home console (but I've had pretty much every handheld). The NES was my brother's, and I played my aunt's SNES all the time, but I've never not had an SNES emulator installed so I can enjoy them classic games in their original 16-bit glory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users