GTA V Online Saving

11 replies to this topic
Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

If you remember in GTA IV, saving of Multiplayer achievements, levels and cash was attained by quitting/leaving a match(es) after successfully finishing them, enduring a loading screen followed by finding a save point and saving. I dont know about the rest of you guys, I always found saving MP tedious and most of time I just never even bothered saving or forgot to save after quitting MP mode which is probably why my character is still only at level 6 today.

What kind of save system should they implement for GTA V Online?

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

Not sure.

I think we will need to wait for more info on Online to speculate on it. After all, we know very little about it. R* is saving the best for last.

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

what?? i dont get this, you needed to save in singleplayer after multiplayer??

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

You didn't need to do that. But if you left a game that was in progress nothing was saved. You had to finish the match or it wouldn't save.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Wow....this is why I'm only at like level 7? Wish I had known sooner.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

No, that doesn't happen. I haven't saved in singleplayer for about 2 years now (or whenever I got 100%) and I still gain cash from deathmatch and such. All you need to do is stay until the end of the game and everything is saved. If you quit during a game, I think it gets marked as a loss, although I'm not sure.

smokeNdrank
  • smokeNdrank

Barksdale Crew: Corner Hustla

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

There has to be a reason why your MP character is at the bottom of the character wheel switch. I don't think it would be there if it wasn't a seamless transition to GTAO free-roam. Therefore I think that there won't be tedious load screens, the game will probably just auto-save your progress.

Basically I'm hoping that there will only be one long loading screen when you start the game up, after that no load screens throughout any of the gameplay.

Karato2300
  • Karato2300

Silver man

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (smokeNdrank @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 02:04)
There has to be a reason why your MP character is at the bottom of the character wheel switch. I don't think it would be there if it wasn't a seamless transition to GTAO free-roam. Therefore I think that there won't be tedious load screens, the game will probably just auto-save your progress.

Basically I'm hoping that there will only be one long loading screen when you start the game up, after that no load screens throughout any of the gameplay.

This is pretty much what I've thought myself as well.

Your MP character probably won't be in the world until you select them, but the transition to them will be just like the switch between our main trio, a seamless switch that won't make us wait.

Though I do wander if that means if Michael and the others will then vanish from the game world?

That'd be sort of neat, to be in MP and somehow bump into Trevor.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (Karato2300 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 02:18)
QUOTE (smokeNdrank @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 02:04)

This is pretty much what I've thought myself as well.

Your MP character probably won't be in the world until you select them, but the transition to them will be just like the switch between our main trio, a seamless switch that won't make us wait.

Though I do wander if that means if Michael and the others will then vanish from the game world?

That'd be sort of neat, to be in MP and somehow bump into Trevor.

I'd assume it'd just put you on a server, thus trevor and everyone being gone

Karato2300
  • Karato2300

Silver man

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

That kind what I figured as well. The transition will probably take us to "another" Los Santos that acts as the online world.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 02:03)
No, that doesn't happen. I haven't saved in singleplayer for about 2 years now (or whenever I got 100%) and I still gain cash from deathmatch and such. All you need to do is stay until the end of the game and everything is saved. If you quit during a game, I think it gets marked as a loss, although I'm not sure.

Weird, All I know is if I didnt save my game right after I exit I left MP, I would lose all experience gained. The amount of times i had to restart at lvl 0....

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Saving and whatever will be treated similar to RDR at the very least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users