Michael's real name?

63 replies to this topic
demotay
  • demotay

WHOS YOUR DADDY?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

I read a topic in ign forums that this guy has been banned in gamespot for legit gta v info and he talked about stuff about gta v. In the first note, he said there is a lot of ways to make money and he was right, this topic was made in 2012 and there was no info about money making in 2012.. And he talked about Albert de silva. I recognized tht he was talking about Michael. Hours before I read this topic, I watched a video that Michael may had a fake name because a a thing from him and the FIB. So I'm confused if Michael's real name is Albert de silva or is it his fake name?

Topic: https://www.google.c....49478099,d.cGE

iMaxPrime
  • iMaxPrime

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (demotay @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 23:18)
I read a topic in ign forums that this guy has been banned in gamespot for legit gta v info and he talked about stuff about gta v. In the first note, he said there is a lot of ways to make money and he was right, this topic was made in 2012 and there was no info about money making in 2012.. And he talked about Albert de silva. I recognized tht he was talking about Michael. Hours before I read this topic, I watched a video that Michael may had a fake name because a a thing from him and the FIB. So I got confused if Michael's real name is Albert de silva or is it his fake name?

Topic: https://www.google.c....49478099,d.cGE

I was thinking something like this...seeing as he is in a witness protection program correct? Michael can't be his real name?

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Claude.

demotay
  • demotay

WHOS YOUR DADDY?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, anyways I still like the name Michael though XD

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Murad96 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 23:20)
Claude.

And Franlin's last name is JOHNSON?

yep.

Karato2300
  • Karato2300

Silver man

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Here's a thought I had.

"Michael" was the name of someone the Michael we play as knew, possibly a friend of his and Trevor. The guy died, which prompted the former's retirement from crime. This would also fit with the tattoo on Trevor's arm. He's honoring a lost friend.

droppdeadd
  • droppdeadd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Karato2300 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 23:22)
Here's a thought I had.

"Michael" was the name of someone the Michael we play as knew, possibly a friend of his and Trevor. The guy died, which prompted the former's retirement from crime. This would also fit with the tattoo on Trevor's arm. He's honoring a lost friend.

Very true. He probably picked Michael as his fake name. I was discussing the tattoo a few days ago and stupid me. It never dawned on me that Trevor wouldn't get "Michael" as a tattoo if he was in witness protection and his name wasn't really Michael. Till now, that is.

QuiGonRat
  • QuiGonRat

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

Here's a thought I had.

This could be it! I'm thinking his real name must've been Albert.

... Or Tommy? wink.gif

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (QuiGonRat @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 23:34)
Here's a thought I had.

This could be it! I'm thinking his real name must've been Albert.

... Or Tommy? wink.gif

that would make me faint

demotay
  • demotay

WHOS YOUR DADDY?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Also,I'm curious, what does De mean in the name albert de silva?

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Are people seriously still going on about the "RIP Michael" tattoo on Trevor's arm? It's Saint f*cking Michael FFS

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Tommy Tommy Tommy, well i can hope can't i? happy.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (demotay @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:45)
Also,I'm curious, what does De mean in the name albert de silva?

The de in french means "from".and in the olden days in Europe people were named either from their paternal family ancestor-(father)... or the town...for example ...Joan of Arc was Jean d'Arc( from the town of Arc)... When the de is separate from the name it connotes nobility. If it is close to the name it is not.

Karato2300
  • Karato2300

Silver man

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (CarLuver69 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 23:46)
Are people seriously still going on about the "RIP Michael" tattoo on Trevor's arm? It's Saint f*cking Michael FFS

Unless this is directly confirmed, stop acting like you know that for certain.

demotay
  • demotay

WHOS YOUR DADDY?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

I made a email saying if michaels real name is albert to [email protected]

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Sammy Bottino ph34r.gif

wendtcod
  • wendtcod

#TeamTrevor

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Albert de silva

Matt06
  • Matt06

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

A lot of the info that the "ex-Rockstar employee" had blabbed about that one time was actually accurate since what he/she said was later corroborated by official R* info releases, so Albert de Silva just may be his real name.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

I think his real name is Michael. Don't know if they changed his last name, which is very possible, but Trevor got that tattoo before GTA V started.

vercetti69
  • vercetti69

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

Here's a thought I had.

Big spoiler here!

Never thought of it that way, it just makes sense about the plot.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

Off topic, but a lot of that information, at least about the plot, is complete bs.

And guys, imagine if Michael's real name...turned out to be Michael! I know he's in witness protection, but imagine if they let him keep his old name despite the risks.

Karato2300
  • Karato2300

Silver man

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

It is possible he kept his given name and only changed the family name.

If I recall correctly, it's implied that Harry Mason in Silent Hill 3 only changed the surname to Morrison, at least going from the fact that that was Heather's name (as well as her actresses real name).

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

Sorry but Michael is Michael.

Plainview
  • Plainview

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

Anyway, after he leaves prison, he finds out that Charlie had raped his girlfriend and abused his son. Albert then goes on a personal mission to find Charlie and Kill him. In the first chapter of the game, Albert's girlfriend leaves him because she wants Albert to "let the whole Charlie thing go". Albert refuses and his girlfriend (Gloria) and his son (Kevin) leave Los Santos thinking that Albert has just returned to his old ways and will end up dead in a ditch somewhere. Albert then contacts Jeffrey, a friend who had some contacts of his own and asked him if he could help Albert track down Charlie and put an end to everything.

Dumbest sh*t i have ever read about GTAV

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

Seriously, since we're all just crapping out non-backed up theories here, here's what I think.

I think Michael IS his real name, he just doesn't use his legal (Witness protection program) name.
Seriously, why would a criminal, a thief and a murderer use a fake name? He's not hiding from anyone, he doesn't need to.
And Trevor, a very old friend of his also refers to him as Michael.
When thinking about it, getting referred to as Michael would actually be a very smart idea, since it's not his legal name, it'll narrow down the evidence.

But that's probably not the case.
I'd bet you any amount of money NONE OF US got it right.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

Also, wow, this guy just said "I was banned for posting real GTAV stuff" and living, breathing, THINKING human beings actually believed him without any valid evidence.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

Thomas. Thomas vecetti.

richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

i really believe its tommy vercetti. out of all the possibilities it makes the most since for a twist. he makes a deal sending sonny to prison and winds up in los santos and starts a family under the name michael. the timeline fits his age and holy sh*t they sound the same!!!

i know we wont know anytihng for sure but im gonna just go ahead and say what im expecting.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

I say that Michael is his real name.

We know a few things about his past: He was a professional bank robber before he made a sweetheart deal with the FIB thanks to powerful friends. In the two missions covered in previews he stole bonds from an armoured car for the FIB, and extracted an IAA prisoner for the FIB... He's doing favours for them as a part of the deal. This implies he's not in the Witness Protection Program for being a snitch, in other words there is no need for him to change his name.

Anyway, the Albert de Silva stuff came from the Rush casting call. In the same call sheet: Trevor was Simon, Jimmy was Kevin, Ron was Jerry and Simeon was Harut... They used fake names for every single character, not just Michael.

Edit ^No way it's Tommy. In 2013, Tommy Vercetti would be 62. That twist makes no sense.

richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 03:08)
I say that Michael is his real name.

We know a few things about his past: He was a professional bank robber before he made a sweetheart deal with the FIB thanks to powerful friends. In the two missions covered in previews he stole bonds from an armoured car for the FIB, and extracted an IAA prisoner for the FIB... He's doing favours for them as a part of the deal. This implies he's not in the Witness Protection Program for being a snitch, in other words there is no need for him to change his name.

Anyway, the Albert de Silva stuff came from the Rush casting call. In the same call sheet: Trevor was Simon, Jimmy was Kevin, Ron was Jerry and Simeon was Harut... They used fake names for every single character, not just Michael.

Edit ^No way it's Tommy. In 2013, Tommy Vercetti would be 62. That twist makes no sense.

how do you know how old he would be?

im actually curious if it ever gives his age in VC...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users