• Jeone

I don't like cats

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

654lzd.jpg
My last car

http://www.stancewor...d.php?p=1222700

At least you didn't go for a random car on offer on Ebay.

A for effort.

He he I was going to do that I'm going to post some of my real car photos tomorrow
You guys are smart

It's not so much us being smart, but you being an absolute infantile tool.

O and in case the message wasn't made abundantly clear enough - you're done. Every post of yours from here on out on the subject of your phantom cars is just going to be laughed at.
What ever

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:52 AM Edited by sivispacem, 16 December 2013 - 07:54 AM.

What ever

I think I speak for the entire Vehicle Chat forum when I say that you are a tool of the highest order and it would be best if you never returned.

Plus, posting pictures from games in another thread? Imbecile.

• Alchemist likes this

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Lol ^

1. 1990 Toyota Celica

2. 1989 Toyota Corolla Sprinter

3. 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-25

4. 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t M Spec

5. 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

6. 1996 Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

First four are sold. I currently own the last two.

Thanks.

You guys have some fairly nice cars - the people that are actually posting pictures of cars they own, that is.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:10 AM Edited by sivispacem, 17 December 2013 - 11:11 AM.

Have you posted pics of the Skyline before? The R32 GTR is far and away my favourite generation and model. Fond memories of watching the Calsonic liveried Gp.A car when younger.

-E

Just seen your post in the other thread, good going at 20. What's the spec?

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:25 AM Edited by !!GC!!, 18 December 2013 - 08:25 AM.

Have you posted pics of the Skyline before? The R32 GTR is far and away my favourite generation and model. Fond memories of watching the Calsonic liveried Gp.A car when younger.

-E

Just seen your post in the other thread, good going at 20. What's the spec?

Hi Sivis.

What vehicles do you own?

I have plenty of pictures of all my posted cars - none of them are in as good a condition as the GT-R is currently though.

I am an Auto Electrical apprentice and work a lot of hours so generally have a bit of money to spare after bills each week. I put this into a separate account and use to get things i need for my car.

I have never had anything given to me, always work my way to get what i have my eyes on.

I enjoy watching replays of the R32 GT-R dominating at Bathurst and have occasionally seen the Calsonic Group A car you're talking about. It was certainly well ahead of its time back then.

I got a loan and imported the GT-R from Japan to New Zealand myself, cutting out the middle man and saving over ten thousand dollars on what i would have paid for one in this country, so i was very pleased with that.

When it arrived, it had aftermarket pod filters and exhaust, that i know of. I have put the intake back to factory because i am trying to keep an all-original, factory GT-R as they are worth a lot more in that condition than modified. It is hard to not buy a whole lot of upgrades, but will be worth it in the long run.

Within the next ten years i would like to have put this one into storage, and purchased another one in slightly worse condition to modify so i have one, nice tidy one and another play toy.

And i would also like to get a R34 GT-R V-Spec II by that time as well.

I agree, the R32 generation is fantastic, but i have got to say the R34 GT-R is what i ultimately wish to have.

Can we both agree the R33 generation was a flop?

Well, spec-wise, it still has the original brass boost restrictor fitted (which is rare in itself) so it only runs a maximum of 8psi. I have a suspicion that the turbos have been replaced from the accelerator response it has, but since i have owned it, i have not taken the intake apart to check this. Again, i put the factory airbox back on as well.

Sorry, but since i have owned it, i haven't had it run up on a dyno so not sure of the power or torque outputs. I would suggest it wouldn't be anymore than factory spec.

Cheers.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the response!

My current steeds are a near-enough-standard Leon TFSI (only changes so far are a Revision D diverter valve, Pagid fast road pads, Black Diamond disks and H&R 10mm spacers at the rear) plus a Yamaha Thunderace. I've got plans to turn the Leon into a fast road/occasional track car (KW V2 coilovers or Nitrons, K-Sport adjustable top mounts, Wavetrac diff, some lighter wheels, Miltek with 200CEL cat, Carbonio intake, S3 intercooler and Stage 2 custom map) but not until after the winter and there's some preventative maintenance that needs doing first (PCV valve, possibly new clutch and CV joints). The rest of my list is on the first page. Aiming for around 270bhp/270lb ft and circa 200bhp/tonne.

It's so rare to see a completely factory spec R32 GTR and the story surrounding yours is very interesting.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:03 AM Edited by !!GC!!, 18 December 2013 - 10:05 AM.

Fantastic. Had a read through your list on the first page. You have a decent list of sporty Euro's. I like the sound of the '81 316.

Do you have anything called "Certification" over there? Or the equivalent? Here, when we do a modification to OEM parts, most things have to certified to ensure the vehicle remains safe and roadworthy. It becomes a very expensive exercise if you only do one modification at a time because it costs $300 for Certification, whereas if you do all your upgrades in one go to will only cost $300 that one time and the certification will include everything. I was just asking because for a road car, you don't necessarily need to fit adjustable coil-over suspension, especially with adjustable top mounts. I have Bilstein struts and springs fitted and they offer a hard enough ride to be effective on a track day, while comfortable enough to be my daily driver, and also lowering the car slightly without need for certification.

Do you intend on doing track days regularly?

Good! I like hearing sensible people talking about doing preventative maintenance. A vast majority of car owners do not understand the need for preventative maintenance, and working in the automotive industry, i encounter heaps of customers who have to get repairs done that cost more because it wasn't maintained and complain to us because it is so expensive.

I do find that you feel the need to replace your positive crankcase ventilation valve strange though - it shouldn't be giving trouble, being a 2006.

If it were a BMW from the late 90's, early 2000's then i wouldn't be surprised because we're probably repairing one a month for rough idle caused by an air leak because BMW used air pipes that aren't oil resistant and, obviously, a PCV pipe is exposed to oil residue.

Thanks, i can fully understand what you mean. It is because it is so tempting to modify it to an extent where it is just so insanely quick and the RB engine can handle almost anything you throw at it. But im glad im in the group of people that like to see tidy, original looking Japanese supercars :)

I can provide a few more pictures if you're interested.

Next thing for my GT-R is replacing the atmospheric venting Blitz BOVs back to factory recirculation. Soooo hard to find this kit anywhere in NZ though!

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

We have the MOT system which is basically an annual health check to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy. This does cover some modifications specifically like removing particulate filters on diesel engines, but it's much more general. There are some laws that loosely relate to mods, like wheels extending beyond bodywork and exhaust sound volume but mostly we're free to do what we want. There's also a defined procedure for registering completely custom vehicles or those that have undergone significant modifications to the bare chassis or monocoque but this isn't something many people have to worry about.

In respect of coilovers, previously I've benefitted from the additional adjustability in rebound and damping, particularly because our road surface quality can be very patch at best. The pre-facelift 1Ps unfortunately suffer from being somewhat under-sprung and over-damped from the factory and this makes them very firm over poor road surfaces. Two-way adjustable coilovers would go some way to permitting some progressive adaptability in switching from road to track. That's what I've found in the past anyway.

As for top mounts, all Mk5 derived platform cars (Leon, Golf, Octavia and A3) have a great deal of camber adjustability at the rear (due to the IRS setup) and only a limited amount at the front because of the MacPhereson struts. Camber plates can make a big difference for track use, especially when running wider wheels or spacers and slicks or semi-slicks- you end up with a bit more bite to the turn-in and small adjustments harmonise well with a torque-sensing diff.

The PCV issue is common with all of the VW 2.0 turbo engines and for that matter most of the FSI motors in general. It's a particular issue with the direct injection engines as there's no fuel washing of the valves which leads to carbon buildup in the stems and in the PCV. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to go the catch can route or replace the existing PCV with a revised version. The carbon buildup clogs the one-way valve and allows boost pressure to leak through the crankcase ventilation system, so you lose a couple of PSI and end up with more sluggish throttle response at low RPM. Given the catch can route is just as cheap as the OEM PCV I'll probably go that way.

I used to track much more regularly than I do now and in recent years I've mainly ridden bikes on the track but I'd be keen to get back into it. I used to have my ARDS licence and competed in amateur level rallying and open hillclimbing when I was much younger-particularly the latter with my Lysholm charged Corrado.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:12 PM Edited by Werebot85, 18 December 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Well the first vehicle I've driven was my mom's Rocsta back in the day. I loved that thing, but unfortunately she sold it before I got my license, which sucked! She never used it because she had a "normal" car, so I always considered it to be my first vehicle lol :p ...

The first car I actually owned was a 2003 VW Citi Golf (South African Car)

Second was a 1997 VW Polo Classic 1.6i.

Then the Polo started to cost me way too much money, so I sold it and bought a 2008 Renault Modus 1.6 16V, which is my current car. Not the best car, I know, but it is the most comfortable car I've ever driven and my first automatic...

Here it is: (do people still hide number plates? I did.. feels safer)

utf-8BcmVubW9kLmpwZw_zpsa46560ce.jpg
  • Alchemist likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users