'Flipping the bird'

55 replies to this topic
ignacio2693
  • ignacio2693

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

I don't know guys... I haven't seen a shark or the mini gun in any of the recent screenshots or trailers... I think they've been cut...

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (ignacio2693 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 01:56)
I don't know guys... I haven't seen a shark or the mini gun in any of the recent screenshots or trailers... I think they've been cut...

I suspect you're being facetious, but it is possible that a number of small features such as finger-flipping have been cut, edited or replaced.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

Just because something hasn't been seen allot dosen't mean it's removed, it's a small feature, it's not like they're going to hype up the fliping people off as a huge feature, and make everyother screen shot showcase it. Now yeah it could be removed but let's not jump to conclusions, same with the Convertable tops and people thinking it's gone, hell it very well could be but who knows, there's no reason to worry yet.

I mean we've only seen the submarine in one screen it must be gone as well, I mean yeah I understand things can be removed but still, why worry, especially something as small as this. rolleyes.gif

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

It was confirmed to still be in the game via a mouth off email.

/thread

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

I strongly suspect that the "f*ck you button" and active convertibles are gone. I see no reason they'd keep them in.

Personally I'll be disappointed if they're gone - I never drive convertibles in GTA because as soon as it rains, I'm bored. I want to be able to close my car roof when it rains, otherwise f*ck open tops.

and flipping the bird is jut awesome

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Perhaps Rockstar will add the 'Wanker fist' for British fans.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Why is this an important feature.. along with convertibles. At least convertibles would make for some nice riding along the beach when you make it convertible, then if it starts raining you put the roof back up for visual appeal.. but flippin people off?.. a whole button to be wasted on that one little insignificant action?

Yeah, we'd do it three times, see the ''reactions'' and just wouldn't care. I hope they left it in just as part of characters automatic reactions like they did in previous GTA's.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

I actually think convertibles will be in. They're putting that massive emphasis on car customization so I don't think they'll sacrifice this

SilverM
  • SilverM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Couldnt care less if it was removed, waste of a button tbh.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Just because something hasn't been shown nor talked about for a while doesn't mean it's been taken out. We haven't seen the Phoenix since trailer 1, is that gone? Have not seen the water dodo since trailer 1 is that gone?
Why do people always assume convertible roofs are gone? Why go through the hell of animating it all and teasing us just to erase it? It doesn't take up much space, lol. You could say, they did that with the gloves, but gloves are just gloves, lol!

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I think it's an essential part of the game. I find flipping birds to be quite satisfying in real life, so why not include it in the game. Birds are in constant need of flipping due to broken wings, cockfights, or mental retardation.

Hopefully they add an attribute of flipping birds, so that when you reach max level you can finally flip and lift an ostrich.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 14:54)
Just because something hasn't been shown nor talked about for a while doesn't mean it's been taken out. We haven't seen the Phoenix since trailer 1, is that gone? Have not seen the water dodo since trailer 1 is that gone?
Why do people always assume convertible roofs are gone? Why go through the hell of animating it all and teasing us just to erase it? It doesn't take up much space, lol. You could say, they did that with the gloves, but gloves are just gloves, lol!

Well, it is quite a minor feature so Rockstar may well have removed it, much in the same way that some small details were changed or removed from previous gta games.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:59)

Well, it is quite a minor feature so Rockstar may well have removed it, much in the same way that some small details were changed or removed from previous gta games.

There are features smaller than that like open door chimes and flashing your lights in IV which were relatively useless. The ability to retract roofs on cars is small and somewhat useless but first of all R* knows a lot of people look forward to this small cool touch. Second of all, there seems to be a lot of useless details R* puts into their games but it's just better like that. Why not keep retractable roofs? I doubt they take up much space, they've already been nicely animated, and people are looking forward to them. It would be kind of stupid, lol. cry.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 07:58)
I think it's an essential part of the game. I find flipping birds to be quite satisfying in real life, so why not include it in the game. Birds are in constant need of flipping due to broken wings, cockfights, or mental retardation.

Hopefully they add an attribute of flipping birds, so that when you reach max level you can finally flip and lift an ostrich.

LOL This made me laugh harder than it should have, well played.

Also about the gloves, didn't Rockstar say that they were placeholders while they ironed out the hang textures? At least I think I read that somewhere, if that's true they were likely never going to be in the game to begin with.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (SilverM @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 14:51)
Couldnt care less if it was removed, waste of a button tbh.

If it's anything like RDR it's just the reload button for when you're not using a gun.

doutee7
  • doutee7

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

is there a screenshot of "flipping the bird"?

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

The question is still asked if the player is going to be able to converse with NPCs' like in San Andreas? with Postive or negative responses rather than just "flipping the bird" all the time?

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (doutee7 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:40)
is there a screenshot of "flipping the bird"?

user posted image

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (ROCKSTAR MANIC @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:42)
The question is still asked if the player is going to be able to converse with NPCs' like in San Andreas? with Postive or negative responses rather than just "flipping the bird" all the time?

That would be nice. The weapon wheel should free up the dpad for that if they wanted to use it.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:50)

That would be nice. The weapon wheel should free up the dpad for that if they wanted to use it.

thats the question i ask everyone here what about "flipping the bird"

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Perhaps there should be a whole 'swearing wheel', with appropriate upgrades, different strengths and weaknesses, etc.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (ROCKSTAR MANIC @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:52)
QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:50)

thats the question i ask everyone here what about "flipping the bird"

The flipping bird is the word.

dante from devil may cry
  • dante from devil may cry

this partys gettin crazy. lets rock!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

.. l

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 14:59)

It's not a minor feature though. They have scripted unique reactions for every ped in the game. Why would they do all that & then leave it on the cutting room floor. This isn't fingerless gloves, or climbing up telephone poles, it's a way to interact with npc's without resorting to physical action. There was a similar feature in SA & RDR.

Mr. Tuna Taco
  • Mr. Tuna Taco

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

If they wouldn't have showed the Boat in the trailer for titanic, would you seriously just assume that the boat wouldn't be in the movie? Jesus f*ck

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Tuna Taco @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 21:03)

If they wouldn't have showed the Boat in the trailer for titanic, would you seriously just assume that the boat wouldn't be in the movie? Jesus f*ck

He's being sarcastic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users