Jordan Davis Trial

35 replies to this topic
ItsOnlyAce
  • ItsOnlyAce

مقاتل

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

DISPUTE OVER LOUD MUSIC TURNS DEADLY

On the evening of Nov. 23, 2012, Davis and three friends were hanging out at the mall before stopping at a gas station for refreshments. Rap music was blaring from the teens' Dodge Durango's stereo system when Dunn, 46, pulled into the adjacent parking spot. His girlfriend went into the store and Dunn rolled down his window to ask the teens to lower the music.

"The front seat passenger turned it down a little bit," Phillips said, going on to explain that Davis then either told his friend to raise the volume or leaned forward from his right rear passenger seat to do so himself.

The teens and Dunn began yelling at one another, and Dunn who had a legal carry-conceal permit claims the boys were speaking to him in a threatening manner and says he saw what he believed to be a shotgun inside their vehicle, apparently pointed in his direction. He said he feared for his life.

"Michael Dunn goes to his glove compartment, pulls out his 9 millimeter 'You're not going to talk to me like that!' fires three shots right into Jordan's door, killing Jordan," Phillips alleges.

Of the 10 shots that Dunn fired, three struck Davis and nine tore through the vehicle. His friends were unharmed and initially began to drive away before realizing their friend was dead. Dozens of witnesses gave accounts to police, including an officer already nearby at the time performing a DUI arrest. Dunn fled the scene, but witnesses took down his license plate number and he was arrested the next day.

I don't exactly know what the deal is with Florida lately, but its really turning out to be a sh*t hole. Let's see if the Florida, "Stand Your Ground" law will stand its ground in this case.

Here's the link to the article via MSN

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Well, that was a quick transition from one event to the next. It usually takes about a week. Anyway, before I go and give my opinion I should probably wait for the "real" details to emerge from this. The news people try to rush news out so fast now that they don't even care to check if their info is correct anymore.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (018361 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 12:25)
Well, that was a quick transition from one event to the next. It usually takes about a week. Anyway, before I go and give my opinion I should probably wait for the "real" details to emerge from this. The news people try to rush news out so fast now that they don't even care to check if their info is correct anymore.

Seems like a hero to me. I've always wanted to kill the guy that blared his music next to me.. but I agree with your statement there, 018.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (ItsOnlyAce @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 09:16)
DISPUTE OVER LOUD MUSIC TURNS DEADLY

On the evening of Nov. 23, 2012, Davis and three friends were hanging out at the mall before stopping at a gas station for refreshments. Rap music was blaring from the teens' Dodge Durango's stereo system when Dunn, 46, pulled into the adjacent parking spot. His girlfriend went into the store and Dunn rolled down his window to ask the teens to lower the music.

"The front seat passenger turned it down a little bit," Phillips said, going on to explain that Davis then either told his friend to raise the volume or leaned forward from his right rear passenger seat to do so himself.

The teens and Dunn began yelling at one another, and Dunn who had a legal carry-conceal permit claims the boys were speaking to him in a threatening manner and says he saw what he believed to be a shotgun inside their vehicle, apparently pointed in his direction. He said he feared for his life.

"Michael Dunn goes to his glove compartment, pulls out his 9 millimeter 'You're not going to talk to me like that!' fires three shots right into Jordan's door, killing Jordan," Phillips alleges.

Of the 10 shots that Dunn fired, three struck Davis and nine tore through the vehicle. His friends were unharmed and initially began to drive away before realizing their friend was dead. Dozens of witnesses gave accounts to police, including an officer already nearby at the time performing a DUI arrest. Dunn fled the scene, but witnesses took down his license plate number and he was arrested the next day.

I don't exactly know what the deal is with Florida lately, but its really turning out to be a sh*t hole. Let's see if the Florida, "Stand Your Ground" law will stand its ground in this case.

Here's the link to the article via MSN

Goddamit, what the hell man? whatsthat.gif

Why are we losin bruthas to the man? Good thing I don't live in Florida anymore.

Though, I feel like he's going to go be guilty.

Off Topic: HI ACE

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

This seems a little more clear cut. Dunn's life was not in danger. Just as was my opinion in that other trial, just because you think you're going to die doesn't mean you should shoot someone. Sounds like in this case, there's enough evidence to convict.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

So I can shoot people if I think they have a gun? whatsthat.gif

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

Lots of things I'm sure will turn up on both sides of the case. My only question is which one was the one that played violent video games? That will be the deciding factor on which side wins as it always ends that way. Brilliant judicial system we have.

Can't say I have a side on this one yet. We'll have to wait and see what comes up later before I take one.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Being a Florida resident, I can assure you that everybody who's lived there for over five years is bound to kill somebody.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Nipperkins @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 13:28)
So I can shoot people if I think they have a gun?  whatsthat.gif

In Texas you can basically get away with murder.

But this will definitely end up with him guilty I'm sure, I mean he only has his word against theirs it seems but that may not be enough to convict, unless of course there's a camera or some eyewitness accounts to state other wise. But just because you 'feel' threatened because he 'thinks' he saw a shotgun pointed at him is not enough to pull the trigger. Which I haven't followed this case much so I really can't share factual statements.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

That "shotgun" was probably a hair brush. lol.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Don't they have cameras at gas stations? Hopefully they recorded what went down.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

This reminds me of

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

facedesk.gif facedesk.gif facedesk.gif

Get your sh*t together, Florida.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Nipperkins @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 14:28)

Well, in that case, I'm taking my neighbor to Florida.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Nipperkins @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 18:28)

Better safe than sorry, boy! YEEEHAAAWWW!!!

*Saddles up on horse and rides off into the Florida sunset*

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Sounds like that guy was just a rocking chair on the front porch away from lil weasel's ultimate fantasy.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

His case seems extremely week, he'll likely get prison time.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, there's no way he's walking.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

You Americans, I swear you have to rely on guns for everything.
Over here if someone's threatening you, you don't pull out a gun and kill them, you man up and fight them. Guns aren't necessary, if you're a real man you use what God gave you.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (brownbear @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 20:03)
Over here if someone's threatening you, you don't pull out a gun and kill them, you man up and fight them. Guns aren't necessary, if you're a real man you use what God gave you.

Somehow over the course of history Americans managed to take that exact logic and apply it to guns. Why, I may never know.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (brownbear @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:03)

user posted image

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Link

Anyway, the whole "a real man would do X" style of argument is almost completely devoid of merit. People typically only use this argument when they don't have anything particularly meaningful to say, so they have to use something which sounds nice, makes you inherently seem superior, and is completely unfalsifiable.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by brownbear, 18 July 2013 - 12:19 AM.

QUOTE (Erebos @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:10)

user posted image

Meh, I stand by my point, guns are nothing more than over compensation.
OK, I understand what you mean, however I'm not trying to make myself look big, my point is perfectly valid though.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (brownbear @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 16:16)
QUOTE (Erebos @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:10)

user posted image

Meh, I stand by my point, guns are nothing more than over compensation.

A little cannon that explodes death at people? Sometimes rapidly? Nah, can't be. tounge2.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:06)

Somehow over the course of history Americans managed to take that exact logic and apply it to guns. Why, I may never know.

One word boy, INJUNS

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 11:15)
This seems a little more clear cut. Dunn's life was not in danger. Just as was my opinion in that other trial, just because you think you're going to die doesn't mean you should shoot someone. Sounds like in this case, there's enough evidence to convict.

This.

The whole "stand your ground law" is being horribly misinterpreted, even by the so called lawyers...

I've read the Florida statute time and time again. No where does it say that a person is justified in using deadly force simply because they fear for their life. What it in fact says is that a person is justified in using force against force and only justifies the use of deadly force if the person has exhausted every last resort.

Not to comment on the Zimmerman trial, but at least in this case there can be no mistake that the man had absolutely no reasonable fear for his life. He's a murderer short and simple.

brownbear,

What about if the other person you have a problem with has a gun? Do you use what "God gave you" then?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:36)
This seems a little more clear cut.  Dunn's life was not in danger.  Just as was my opinion in that other trial, just because you think you're going to die doesn't mean you should shoot someone.  Sounds like in this case, there's enough evidence to convict.

brownbear,

What about if the other person you have a problem with has a gun? Do you use what "God gave you" then?

It's obvious, he'll use his hands and get gunned down.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:43)

brownbear,

Well, in that case I'd condone the use of a gun.
Of course, if you're living in an area where you are likely to face gun crime then it may not be a bad idea to own one.
However, I was talking about the general idea of a gun, I think they're unnecessary and cowardly.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (brownbear @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:57)
QUOTE (Erebos @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:43)

brownbear,

Well, in that case I'd condone the use of a gun.
Of course, if you're living in an area where you are likely to face gun crime then it may not be a bad idea to own one.
However, I was talking about the general idea of a gun, I think they're unnecessary and cowardly.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree with you, but anymore these days it's to the point where everyone feels like everyone else has a gun, so they need to as well.

I remember hearing about police departments in the early 20th century... Apparently it was thought at that time that you weren't a good cop if you needed a gun.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 20:30)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:06)

One word boy, INJUNS

Gad damn NEGGERS!!!

Funny sh*t that America believes in. I just can't wait to hear Everyoneone's mid trial opinions of this whole thing. sarcasm.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users