Native Functions

6 replies to this topic
pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

I have posted about this topic here and there, but I'm kinda frustrated about it. All of you know the super usefull List of Native Functions at GTAModding.com, that list is maintained by those who use it. Or is it ?

I've seen countless times native functions from GTA beeing used in mods, and, sadly, when I go search for them at GTAModding.com, the page does not exists.

We all know it is pratically impossible to figure out parameters and return values just by trying. So it is quite crucial to share what we know. As most of what we know was shared with us, to some extent.

I can understand that sometimes (or most times) it takes too long, to create a page there, or with the new findings you want more to test them than write about them. And it actually is very quick to create a new page at GTAModding.com. (For those who don't know, the login is the same as here)

So all I ask is, update the dang list if you can! I personally did it in bulk, and that turns out nice, so you can see how large is the number of undocumented functions I've seen so far (and most likely more).

99% of this functions are completly untested by me, but again I've seen them in use and took note of input and ouput parameters.
Would be cool if you guys test them to, so we can also know what they actually do. All these functions did not have a page created untill I did.

The Page at GTAModding.com -> http://www.gtamoddin...ative_functions

The list of functions, 65 of them, it took me almost 2 days!

SET_PED_WONT_ATTACK_PLAYER_WITHOUT_WANTED_LEVEL
SET_CHAR_PROVIDE_COVERING_FIRE
SET_CHAR_ALLOWED_TO_DUCK
TASK_CAR_DRIVE_TO_COORD
SET_CHAR_BLEEDING
DAMAGE_CHAR
GET_TEXT_INPUT_ACTIVE
IS_BIG_VEHICLE
SET_PED_WEAPON
TASK_DRIVE_BY
IS_CAR_STOPPED
SAY_AMBIENT_SPEECH_WITH_VOICE
IS_CAR_STREET_RACER
SET_DECISION_MAKER_ATTRIBUTE_TEAMWORK
SET_DECISION_MAKER_ATTRIBUTE_WEAPON_ACCURACY
SET_DECISION_MAKER_ATTRIBUTE_TARGET_INJURED_REACTION
IS_BUTTON_JUST_PRESSED
CREATE_HTML_VIEWPORT
SET_VIEWPORT_PRIORITY
OVERRIDE_FREEZE_FLAGS
LOAD_WEB_PAGE
CREATE_EMERGENCY_SERVICES_CAR_THEN_WALK
CREATE_EMERGENCY_SERVICES_CAR_RETURN_DRIVER
END_CAM_COMMANDS
DESTROY_ALL_CAMS
SET_GLOBAL_RENDER_FLAGS
SET_CAM_PROPAGATE
CLEAR_TIMECYCLE_MODIFIER
SET_CHAR_WILL_ONLY_FIRE_WITH_CLEAR_LOS
SET_CHAR_SIGNAL_AFTER_KILL
CLEAR_CHAR_PROP
CLEAR_ALL_CHAR_PROPS
CLEAR_NAMED_CUTSCENE
CLEAR_HELP
CLEAR_NEWS_SCROLLBAR
ENABLE_POLICE_SCANNER
FLASH_BLIP
GET_SOUND_ID
HAS_CHAR_BEEN_ARRESTED
HAS_SOUND_FINISHED
INIT_CUTSCENE
IS_AMBIENT_SPEECH_PLAYING
IS_HELP_MESSAGE_BEING_DISPLAYED
MISSION_AUDIO_BANK_NO_LONGER_NEEDED
SET_CAM_BEHIND_PED
PLAY_SOUND_FRONTEND
RELEASE_SOUND_ID
REQUEST_MISSION_AUDIO_BANK
SET_ANIM_GROUP_FOR_CHAR
SET_CHAR_COORDINATES_DONT_WARP_GANG
SET_CHAR_DUCKING
SET_CHAR_PROP_INDEX
SET_CHAR_READY_TO_BE_EXECUTED
SET_CHAR_WILL_LEAVE_CAR_IN_COMBAT
SET_DONT_ACTIVATE_RAGDOLL_FROM_PLAYER_IMPACT
SET_DRIVE_TASK_CRUISE_SPEED
SET_POLICE_FOCUS_WILL_TRACK_CAR
TRIGGER_VIGILANTE_CRIME
TASK_PLAY_ANIM_READY_TO_BE_EXECUTED
TASK_GOTO_CHAR_AIMING
TASK_CHAR_ARREST_CHAR
IS_BUTTON_PRESSED
IS_USING_CONTROLLER
TASK_TURN_CHAR_TO_FACE_CHAR
SET_VEH_ALARM

Hope no one gets mad at me, that is totally not the intention. Although I do apologize if that is the case.

Michael Wojtanis
  • Michael Wojtanis

Rinepim

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Here You have most native with instructions:
http://pastebin.com/n7CAnpZB

I have copy of that on my HDD.
Usefull. Also, You can check in this Coding section "scorpio" upacked mission SCO. There are natives with values.
To fin in these .txt files use windows CMD. "Findstr /C:"SEARCH_TEXT" *.ini" - but go first with "cd" command here. That is all.

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Michael Wojtanis @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 16:46)
Here You have most native with instructions:
http://pastebin.com/n7CAnpZB

I have copy of that on my HDD.
Usefull. Also, You can check in this Coding section "scorpio" upacked mission SCO. There are natives with values.
To fin in these .txt files use windows CMD. "Findstr /C:"SEARCH_TEXT" *.ini" - but go first with "cd" command here. That is all.

I didn't know that one. Very cool, still we missed a lot of documentation on what they do.

Very helpfull nevertheless.

nixolas1
  • nixolas1

Creator/Destroyer

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

if you look around in scripthook defenitions of c++ scripthook, .net scripthook, SCO decompiler, and some more, you'll find a lot of defined natives. (especially in alexanders stuff)

Skorpro
  • Skorpro

GTAholic

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (nixolas1 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 15:06)
if you look around in scripthook defenitions of c++ scripthook, .net scripthook, SCO decompiler, and some more, you'll find a lot of defined natives. (especially in alexanders stuff)

Yes he's right!
I'm using SCOCL and FileLocator Lite !
With FileLocator you can search for natives very simply! Right-click on SCOCL folder choose FileLocator and type in Containing text e.g. "set_car_on".
Then click in left window on " natives.h " and see the results on the right-hand side... biggrin.gif

@pedro2555
Thanx for your great OvertakingFix 1.0.2 mod! cookie.gif

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Skorpro @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 03:20)
QUOTE (nixolas1 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 15:06)

Yes he's right!
I'm using SCOCL and FileLocator Lite !
With FileLocator you can search for natives very simply! Right-click on SCOCL folder choose FileLocator and type in Containing text e.g. "set_car_on".
Then click in left window on " natives.h " and see the results on the right-hand side... biggrin.gif

@pedro2555
Thanx for your great OvertakingFix 1.0.2 mod! cookie.gif

Thks mate, I know I can find nayives functions all over the place. Those 60 are just the ones I took note on paper (note that). But the thing is, there is a place to document them just keep updating it once in a while. Which means also sharing what they do.

Even knowing that theres a lot of natives spreaded I always go to gta modding, everything else takes away time like crazy.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

Has anyone ever gotten the Max Health function to work? I remember making a thread trying to lower the player's max health, and for some reason that function wouldn't work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users