» «
Photo

Shooting skills

5 replies to this topic

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Concerns: GTA IV xbox360, unranked matches (xbox live)

Is it possible to get one-shot (or two-shot) headshots?

Here are a few of my ideas:

1) What I usually do is: I aim at the opponent's head at the right time and I quickly semi-auto fire by flicking the RT (=shoot) twice.

2) I learned from Counterstrike 1.6 (from a really good gamer, best friend of mine) back in the day that the best way to win is to be patient and use semi-burst fire. He did that and he was always on top of lobbies, always nr. 1 with the most kills. It's nice that he actually used his brain instead of blindly trying to fiddle up some strategy without really know what you are doing. So anyway, from that point on I learned to use semi-burst fire in games and yes I won a lot of them this way. It's not my fault that other people auto-burst fire like a dumbass and then they are surprised that they get killed first.

3) Letting go of the shoot button abruptly, while you are still shooting at the opponent's head. This seems to work. The opponent then suddenly drops dead after one second. I don't know why though.

I have also noticed that how fast you can kill your opponent may depend on a few factors (of course, there are way more factors than these):

Game factors:

- game physics
- health
- player speed
- player position (that goes for at least 3 dimensions: x,y,z,t 3-D + time)
- specific portion of the body of the character where you aiming at (various parts of the body have various hitpoints, with the head being the one with the least hitpoints I assume?)
- letting go of the shoot button suddenly, in mid-fire
- experience, instincts and acquired reflexes from other games (how long you have been gaming your entire life)

Relativistic and neurological factors:

- how fast light from their screen can travel to their eyes (distance from monitor) and in consequence:
- how awake the person is at that time
- how well nutritioned the person is
- in-born reflexes
- speed of neuron-firing to the brain and reaction time
- awareness of these factors
- controller input delay (battery pack vs batteries?)
- how healthy you are (no drugs, alcohol or food additives in you), which promotes above factors with a great deal
- how well the person can hear/see
- position of the person on his chair
- distance in atomic units from fingertips to actual buttons (for reaction speed)
- the opponent's actual intelligence

- Lorentz transformation: the observer (opponent) at time t' only observes my character jumping away a fraction of a time later
that my character did the action. For him it looks like my character was cheating (e.g.: "what the f*ck, I hit you with my car! This is b*llsh*t!") while to me it looks perfectly fine, because I am observer at time t=0, while he is observer at time t'=t+1. The same thing goes for bullets. When are people going to understand that time is not constant for different observers?

- connection delay/lag (milliseconds do matter on the battlefield)
- math skills: trying to get away from me with a car in a street: Pythagoras theory postulates that a+b=c. I was on the hypothenusa line (c) and he was on the a line. Therefore, I had less distance to travel and as soon as he took the corner to get to the b side of the 'triangle', the distance between his face in the car and my gun would be shorter and more open, while his angle to aim at me would get more skewed.

- Euclidean math: golden ratio (I use this for shooting and aiming as well): by knowing from rough measure the invisible 'square' rectangle my opponent is in, I just step/run away a particular rectangular distance so that math can verify that I can hit him faster than he can hit me. Not only that, this portion of math allows me to know where exactly he is going to shoot me and I can use my character with the left stick to evade those shots by measure. No, my opponents didn't think of that because well, they don't care about math.

Just by using trigonometry in its various aspects I can strategically beat my opponents 9 times out of 10.
.. Why do people not take these things into account? They should think about what is happening in the world around them instead of blaming me.

Is it true that these factors play a role in winning or am I crazy? I would assume that the game would be at least that fine grained (physics, hitpoint detection etc.). It's not like a series of gunshots would deal the exact same amount of damage, regardless of the above mentioned factors. This isn't an Atari 2600 game after all..

Just like in real life, things are not black and white. There are a million factors that determine a win or a loss. Some people just don't understand that.

So how does it happen that I am able to kill my friends with two bullets but they try and they can't? They also claimed they've been trying to do that on each other for hours in GTA and they weren't able to pull it off.

Well, perhaps I will try to explain it myself:

From my observation in gaming with my friends, I have noticed that it depends on the aforementioned factors:

There was this one time when I was open, in an equilateral triangular position right in between my two friends. They kept shooting me and what I did was I frequently wiggled the left stick left and right a bit so that theoretically 50% to 75% of their bullets would miss my character. Now for some reason they didn't notice this and they thought I was cheating. I got two headshots on them. I didn't wait. I auto-aimed at one guy's head, flicked the RT really fast in semi-auto fire and bam, he's dead. Same with the other guy. I just aimed perfectly at the center of his head.

I am asking this because a few of my friends are very angry at me and they call me a cheater all the time just because I beat them all the time. What can I say? I have played thousands of games from every platform every since I was 7 years old. It's in my fingers.

So what I am asking is:
- What factors play a part in getting quick (headshot) kills? What factors play a role in how fast you can kill your opponent?

I would be glad if this could be clarified somewhat because my friends are really angry at me right now and they think I am a liar and a dirty cheater.

Thanks for reading. smile.gif

pyrhhus5
  • pyrhhus5

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

you're overthinking this a bit.

eight nine
  • eight nine

trolololling the trolls

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Well OP,
You f*ckin nailed it. But I'd say half of all you wrote + internet latency.

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (eight nine @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 11:45)
Well OP,
You f*ckin nailed it. But I'd say half of all you wrote + internet latency.

Thanks man.

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

On a quick note, I'm going to investigate this when I have the time. Going to check out the character entity files for hitpoint distribution policy.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Thug

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Auto-aim sigh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users