» «
Photo

Will you still play GTA IV

52 replies to this topic
Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by Deadly Target, 28 January 2014 - 02:03 AM.

The shooting feels slugish, the driving is like a mix of saints row 3 and crazy taxi, This one is a minor one but still a step back, the physics engine. The story isnt as good, nor are any of the protagonists but thats not really a complaint because they are still great.

I don't want to say too much until I've finished it, but I'm not very impressed with anything other than the map so far. As you said, the shooting doesn't feel all that different from IV's mechanics, the driving is too fast for my liking, and the euphoria feels very toned down from IV. It looks more like they're ragdolling than reacting to things now. Didn't really dig the intro much either, just pedestrians going about their day at Vespucci Beach while Michael walked down a sidewalk. I can't even remember how the theme song went.

I do really like that there's more interactivity in the world though: drinking at home, greeting people, smartphone, random encounters, TV remains on (though there still seems to be only 2 channels again), etc. Maybe I just need to play it some more, but it feels underwhelming so far.

Im still playing it  :miranda:
ford_gt_by_mk_moex-d6mnyhn.png

:cool:
  • dro0001 likes this

Dexter00
  • Dexter00

F*CKING F*CK

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by Dexter00, 17 September 2013 - 07:55 PM.

guys all that will go away as soon it comes to PC :panic:

otherwise its on console u cant do much about the things u dont like :miranda:

@deadlytarget our IV looks way better than V :cool:

• Deadly Target likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

IV Is better than V
  • dro0001 likes this

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

Obviously I will, I still haven't bought V yet.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

I definitely think the shooting and driving in GTA IV sounds and feels better than GTA V so far. 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Now that I have played V I can safely say...I will never go back.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

i have gone back to IV already
tbh its just such a better game.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

i have gone back to IV already
tbh its just such a better game.

this

78 lil red express
  • 78 lil red express

the fastest thing you could buy in 1978

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

for years to come. this is the king of gta. imho

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

I was playing GTA IV before actually. Maybe it's just me, but firefights in GTA IV are way more intense.

ferguson99
  • ferguson99

Rooftopper On horseback RDR

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

No!!!!!

I don't see the point

subsonicdust
  • subsonicdust

A Demon of Liberty

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by subsonicdust, 28 September 2013 - 10:27 PM.

People say this every time a new GTA game comes out.  The last one will always be better in their eyes.  V annihilates IV.

• TabooV2 likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Once I complete GTA V's storyline, I will go back to IV, and complete it's storyline. Liberty City will always hold a special place in my heart.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

The shooting feels slugish, the driving is like a mix of saints row 3 and crazy taxi, This one is a minor one but still a step back, the physics engine. The story isnt as good, nor are any of the protagonists but thats not really a complaint because they are still great.

the driving is too fast for my liking

Really? Judging from racing videos, supercars like the adder look slow, while the sedans are really really slow, combined with very responsive/easy handling, WTF!? Midnight Club has faster cars and more difficult handling (although still gross and unnatural)

As soon as I get my PS3 fixed, It's back to IV and TLAD!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Starting to miss Algonquin in particular. I'll play IV in November but it

Spoiler

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Occasionally. Heck, I still play LONDON 69.

But SA&VCS hold me to nostalgia! :D

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Once I 100% V, there's nothing there that has any replay value for me (Multiplayer holds no attraction for me in any game), and will definitely be going back to GTA IV. As far as I'm concerned, despite the beautiful looking world and vast improvement on IV's clunky shooting mechanics, GTA IV is head and shoulders above V in terms of gameplay, story, atmosphere, humour and immersion. R* completely devolved the driving experience in V to Mario Kart car control and mechanics, the story is messy and without any direction, not to mention unbelievably short (some of the main missions can't even be considered as proper missions) that I feel R* sacrificed the Single Player experience which their games have always been based on, concentrating on MP.

GTA IV was epic in storytelling and gameplay, a Martin Scorcese or Francis Ford Coppola three and a half hour magnum opus as opposed to GTA V's style-over-substance 90 minute action movie - and to be honest, there was far more action in IV than in V.

IV also had three protagonists with an entwining story, it's just that you couldn't switch characters during gameplay. The humour was more subtle and amusing as opposed to the "slapstick" in V. I found Niko to be a far more engaging character, one that was easier to relate to and sympathise with, with a very dry sense of humour and an amusing aside. His dialogue and interaction, not just with other story characters, but peds, police etc was amusing.

IV had more memorable characters; Roman, Brucie, Yusuf, Packie, Tony Prince, and my favourite NPC, Little Jacob. There was a true cameraderie between Little Jacob and Niko that has never been bettered before or after IV. In V, the only character that truly stands out is Trevor, but other than that, most are forgettable.

I wanted to love GTA V, I wanted it to be better in every way that IV, but having played it I feel it was grossly overhyped and didn't live up to my expectations. R* dropped the ball on so many things in this game and I'm astonished with the end result, bearing in mind that it was postponed a year because R* wanted to "tweak" it to make it better - and this was the result? It is a very good game, with many interesting and novel features, but sadly it could have been so much better than it is.

So yes, I will be returning to, and continue playing IV, to get the bitter experience and sour taste of the driving physics out of my mouth until GTA VI comes along.

• Deadly Target likes this

LoneWolfMargaret
  • LoneWolfMargaret

Gamer, Artist, Lone Wolf.

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

I was playing GTA IV before actually. Maybe it's just me, but firefights in GTA IV are way more intense.

Definitely agree with this. In IV I constantly was thinking "holy sh*t! can I survive this?" where as in V it's a case of "meh, killed a guy, meh, killed another guy". I love V, but the new game feeling finally wore off yesterday so I'm heading back to Liberty City tonight. :D

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well after playing GTA V for a month I participated in a multiplayer GTA IV event with some youtubers(GTAmissions) and I had more fun with those 3 hours than I have had in GTA V with 70.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

GTA IV all the way, baby!

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

pc

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

I just started a new playthrough of the GTA IV Complete Edition where I will do the missions in a chronological order

It will be awesome

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yea I liked this aspect of gun fights in IV better, its like now seemingly every shot hits you w/ dead-on accuracy from cops/peds/gangs, so easy to get killed. However in IV I still ramped things up from the occasional 1 or 2 gang members on the street to several cops on foot, in car, security and multiple gang members on the street so one gun shot you fire starts about 5-8 ppl, including cops & drive-by shooters, in a gun battle.

I'd say yea I will play it again. Its so much better because its on PC and we have all these wonderful tools, trainers and graphics enhancements, new models. This makes it WAYYYYY better than "V" on console BUT when "V" comes out on PC and we just know it will @ some point, then as long as our modders can put their skills to work on it, it will be much better IMO.

Its like right now w/ vehicles disappearing, all the cops and the AWFUL physics for vehicles, its really not as good as it could be. I still have fun w/ it but I really hate ramming a 25K lb dump-truck into a 4K lb car and seeing my truck behave like its of equal or lesser weight and torque. I mean a taxi can push my 10K lb duneloader out of the way, cop cars can knock a a heavy vehicle around almost like it was a Prius, so not right! That will be fixed in a PC version when we finally have it :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users