Ps2 Two versions

10 replies to this topic
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Due to the hot coffee mod, San Andreas has two versions. Now my issue is I want a new San Andreas disc, however I bought one, and the game does not load my savesdue to.compatibility issues because obviously I have one versionwith the hot coffee ccode, and another version without it.

Is there any way to check which disc is which version? I'm not at home yet so I thought I'd ask about it before I got home.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

The censored Disc says, Second Edition on it, and on the menu screen.
The Original Disc doesn't say because it is the first.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

The censored Disc says, Second Edition on it

That's only half true, as Yes, the stand alone V2 says "Second Edition" on the box-However, on the Trilogy Pack-BOTH PC and PS2, it does not say Second Edition-it says V2.00 on the start screen for PC version, but says nothing on the start screen for PS2. For PS2, any release AFTER June 2005 is V2-same goes for PC-I bought my Original PC version in June 2005 and it was V2(from Wal-Mart #990)...Just a friendly heads up/clarification. smile.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by finn4life, 17 July 2013 - 07:40 AM.

Okay cool, I don't have the trilogy pack thankfully so telling the difference should be easy.
I'm pretty sure the old one I have (Which works with the saves) is a platinum edition, I can't remember what the new one says on it.
Hopefully the new one I bought is one of the Hot Coffee ones, and the old one that works is actually a new edition, otherwise It's going to cost extra to get an original copy.

Oh the one that works also is just a silver disc with a bunch of writing on it, the new one has a print of CJ on it, is this an indication of anything?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yah, 'Just Writing on it" indicates it's a Pirate copy.

Imbredking
  • Imbredking

like Simba

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by Imbredking, 18 July 2013 - 01:34 AM.

Nah. All the Platinum games for PS2 I believe do not have an artwork on the CD; you can only read the name of the Game, the editor and some other stuff.
Where did you get your 'new one'? If it has the hot coffee script then it might be the black label edition, thing is rare nowdays.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:18 AM Edited by finn4life, 18 July 2013 - 12:20 PM.

QUOTE (Imbredking @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 12:14)
Nah. All the Platinum games for PS2 I believe do not have an artwork on the CD; you can only read the name of the Game, the editor and some other stuff.
Where did you get your 'new one'? If it has the hot coffee script then it might be the black label edition, thing is rare nowdays.

Ah okay good, getting another platinum edition will be easy, um I got the copy off Ebay for like $14 or something. The 1st editions are around there a fair bit.

@lil weasel, it wasn't pirated. It looks like this

user posted image

Edited for obnoxious size.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

At first, I thought it was impossible to pirate the PS2 replica. But as it turns out, I was wrong. Beware of PS2 players who use a tool called "Swap Magic".

To answer the question: you live in Australia and therefore, you use PAL encoding. However, the disc you displayed clearly specifies it's for NTSC.

Also, just to specify, PAL v2 is Platinum.

And wow, Finn, I never thought you'd post outside General Chat, let alone in the San Andreas sections.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 21:37)
At first, I thought it was impossible to pirate the PS2 replica. But as it turns out, I was wrong. Beware of PS2 players who use a tool called "Swap Magic".

To answer the question: you live in Australia and therefore, you use PAL encoding. However, the disc you displayed clearly specifies it's for NTSC.

Also, just to specify, PAL v2 is Platinum.

And wow, Finn, I never thought you'd post outside General Chat, let alone in the San Andreas sections.

Yeah I understand that, thanks for the information anyway, I only used the photo as an example of what I meant by "silver disc", I can see the japanese writing on there haha! Here's a better example

user posted image

Thanks for clarifying Platinum is v2 by the way, That's the answer I needed.
And yes, I do post outside the General Chat section, it just happens that most other sections my post is quickly lost amongst the crowd, despite efforts I make to make the post worthwhile.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 07:11)
Due to the hot coffee mod, San Andreas has two versions. Now my issue is I want a new San Andreas disc, however I bought one, and the game does not load my savesdue to.compatibility issues because obviously I have one versionwith the hot coffee ccode, and another version without it.

Is there any way to check which disc is which version? I'm not at home yet so I thought I'd ask about it before I got home.

I remember getting the game when it came out on launch day at my local Blockbuster, I dated Denise and went inside her house after the date and there was no Hot Coffee minigame.

Was the game delayed in October 2004 in the UK to remove it, or did the UK version not even have the Hot Coffee minigame mode in the first place?

-Wheatley

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hot Coffee was not enabled by default in any version of the game, you had to use a mod to get it working.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users