Photo

Missions at Night vs Day

27 replies to this topic
GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

I have decided to create save files specifically to replay certain missions.

I realized that I prefer to do some missions at a certaon time of day.

For example: Three Leaf Clover (bank robbery), I found it distractingly unrealistic to do this mission at night, because the bank is open and has customers in line.

I generally like to do other missions at night, and I don't know why...I think the game looks better at night.

tpuk
  • tpuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

For stealth missions I prefer to do them at night, and some missions where your being hunted by the police, simply because the sirens look better at night. But yeah I agree with you on Three Leaf Clover, but can't beat assassin missions in night and maybe thunderstorm!

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

I completely agree with Three Leaf Clover. Also the day itself. I mean it wouldn't be very realistic to do Three Leaf Clover early on Sunday morning would it?

Thinking about it most if all the missions suit night since Niko is a hired gun and I can't imagine a hired gun doing most of his duties during the day.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Yeah I find it easier to do missions during the day but some missions look and feel more realistic at night, for example 'Jamaican Heat' and 'Shadow'.
Some missions are hard to do at night like 'Snow Storm' that old hospital can get so dark in there its hard to see enemies. During the day its a piece of cake.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

get freaky... not that freaky

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hating the Haters is a mission that only works at night for me. In Middle park, during the day theres joggers and businessmen, but at night it gets all grimy and the deadbeats walk in.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

Come think of it, it seems like the vast majority of missions in GTA should take place at night...

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Day from a practical standpoint. At night, I can't see very well, although some missions (like "Call and Collect") are better suited to night aesthetically.

kraftwerkd
  • kraftwerkd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

Starting a final playthrough before V, I noticed so far Escuela of the Streets is one that benefits from being done at night. There's just something weird about showing up to a community club dance video and then shooting up a warehouse full of gangbangers in the middle of the day. Actually, a lot of missions could be done at night, although another one that stands out for the daytime is the Vlad mission where you threaten the Chinese store owner.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by Valenta, 07 August 2013 - 10:12 AM.

I prefer doing most missions at night. Adds to the atmosphere and overall feel.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

I prefer day. Regardless how realistic or unrealistic it might be. I can see objects to take cover behind during day more clearly and roads too for one thing.

dragon_goran_mijo
  • dragon_goran_mijo

Suspect is driving a red sports car

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:07 AM

The night is much more satisfying.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Yeah night is better, especially in this game. daylight looked ugly, at least for me.

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Active member since 10/10/2012.

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

That depends on the mission. For example, it felt so much better completing Uncle Vlad in the night, and Three Leaf Clover in the noon...

Uptown Rider
  • Uptown Rider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Although Three Leaf Clover is canonin daytime, i actually prefer it at night. Chinatown, gunfire, and explosions look better at night. cool.gif

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

I play missions at whatever time of day it is when I start them, except for Three Leaf Clover.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

I prefer daytime, (except for the three leaf clover mission) primarily because you can see more cover in missions during the day.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

I remember almost all of my missions taking place in the day. It might be worthwhile to go and play 'em the other way around if it's as good as you guys are saying it is.

The only one I can't imagine any other way is Pegorino's Pride which I played in the late afternoon. The late afternoon and setting sun make the industrial park all shadowy, but still light enough to see, and it looks beautiful that way.

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

I've never taken this into account.

*starts new game*

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Never really thought about this, but I kinda agree that night suits better for most missions. Three Leaf Clover however should be one of those missions that you'd only be able to do at a certain time of the day.

rgangsta
  • rgangsta

THE OPERATOR

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Night is best because it's when most crime occurs.

I was fortunate enough to rob the bank during day time so it felt epic.

LoneWolfMargaret
  • LoneWolfMargaret

Gamer, Artist, Lone Wolf.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I've done the vast majority of missions at day on every playthrough, but now I think of it, night would suit most missions better. Definitely gonna try it next playthrough. :D

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

I agree that most of the missions should be done at night.  There's a different feel to the mission when done at night.  On subsequent play throughs, I've tried to time it to do the missions at night.  I really enjoyed it and found myself creeping up to the marker more quiet than during the day.  I even switch the radio off.

The night looks a lot better.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

I complete missions mostly during day time, but I never won't pass Trespass during the night. The explosions just gives me creeps at night.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Trespass is a MUST at night.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

I prefer night more for most of the missions. However, i don't mind the ingame time nowadays. I just try to speedrun rush the game so i don't really care what time it is.

ReEvolution
  • ReEvolution

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

I play the missions like this:

The ones that Roman gives you: Day/Afternoon.

Little Jacob: Afternoon/Night.

Vlad: Everyone of them at night, except the one about the Chinese business.

Killing Vlad: I don't really have a preference here, I just enjoy killing him.

Mikhail's: Night.

Killing Mikhail: It's more realistic if you do it at night (a nightclub open at daytime?).

Manny: Day/Afternoon.

Elizabeta: Night.

Playboy X: Night.

Dwayne: Night.

Saving Roman: Day/Afternoon

Francis:Night, especially the ones where you kill drugdealers.

Killing Playboy: Night, I'll never kill Dwayne, so I don't have any preset.

Packie: First one at the afternoon, then at nighttime, the robbery a Monday/Friday around 9/13.

I did the rest of them just at afternoon/night, except the kidnap and the last ones, which I made around afternoon.

Sokocfc
  • Sokocfc

I had no clue what to write here.

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

As mentioned before alot of GTA missions feel like they should take place during the night.

I once forgot to pause on the first mission, so I ended up doing during broad daylight, it felt wrong. It is not a big deal if most of the mission aren't at the time of day I feel they should be, but certain missons I always make sure are "right

The early Roman missions I prefer doing during the day, the Vlad missions, during the afternoon maybe end them around 6.00PM. The misssion where Mikhail sends you to bomb Petrovic's garage I always to start at night, and have it explode early in the morning 6-7AM. The murders of Mikhail and Petrovic's son feel more realistic at night. Escuela of the streets feels more right during the day for me. The Elizabeta missions with police raids(snow storm, blow your cover) have to be at night. no.1 I prefer to have during the day.Photoshoot feels like an afternoon early night mission.Harboring a grudge and Three Leaf Clover are more suited for daytime playthroughs IMO. A long way to fall: Night. Taking out the trash: Morning. Museum Piece: Must be night(Very important). Late Checkout:Day(important) Union Drive:Night, Buoys Ahoy: Day, who goes out for a boat trip like that at 3AM? I'll take her:Day, Catch the wave:Day, Entourage:Morning, Dining out: Night, That special someone: day.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

I haven't really thought about it too much before. Missions like Jamaican Heat, Shadow, Do you have protection?, No Love Lost, Roman's Sorrow, Escuela of The streets, Blow Your Cover etc definetly feel the best at night. However something others haven't mentioned yet. Some missions, such as Easy Fare, Have a heart, Deconstruction for beginners, Tunnel of Death,Diamonds are a girl's best friend, To Live and Die in Alderney, If the Price is right and Out of Commision feel perfect when they start at dawn for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users