GTA III Should I?

14 replies to this topic
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

There is still some GTA III limited edition stuff for sale, I want to buy some of it, only problem is Rockstar doesn't provide and cheaper shipping options.

For Example, the Claude Action figure costs $150, and bumps up to $300 to ship to Australia.
Lithograph posters are $25, with $48 shipping for 1 poster!

Would you spend that much? I can't make myself finish the checkout process.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

As much as I'd love to have the items, I'm not crazy enough to spend THAT much.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

Yeah, as much as one can be a fan of something, there has to be a limit on how much you buy of it....

Some of that limited edition stuff looks pretty good....but at that cost it's just not worth it. Unless you are Mr money bags things like these are a bit too expensive. It makes things seem a bit worse...because if it really is limited, who knows how much that stuff would cost later on.

Even if shipping wasn't so much, the cost of the item itself would be a bit too steep for me even then.....and I don't live as far as Australia.

*Mr cheapo*

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

In the end, it's up to you to decide.

Ask yourself a question: are you ready to spend that much on what you'd like to have? if the price is meaningless to you (or at least is not important as the item itself), then I say "Go for it!"

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well, we have to think realistically here, that is a hell of a lot of money and once its gone, its gone. As Arsen said, it is your choosing but choose wisely icon14.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

I can afford it. But honestly...what the hell am I going to do with that junk? Who's going to care?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 00:19)
I can afford it. But honestly...what the hell am I going to do with that junk? Who's going to care?

It's not about whether you can afford it, I can afford it. The point is that the $300 finn4life can spend on the Action Figure could be spent on something more worthwile to him. And as you said, what the hell is he going to do with that junk? No one will care

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

It does depend on how much you really are willing to spend on the items. Just choose wisely, because once you purchase something, it's done. There's no turning back. Think about what you want the most. If there's something better that you could spend your money on, then go for that. However, if you really are a serious collector and would value these items, then definetly buy them.

Personally, I just wouldn't spend that much on the items. They'd just collect dust, anyways.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 19:30)
It does depend on how much you really are willing to spend on the items. Just choose wisely, because once you purchase something, it's done. There's no turning back. Think about what you want the most. If there's something better that you could spend your money on, then go for that. However, if you really are a serious collector and would value these items, then definetly buy them.

Personally, I just wouldn't spend that much on the items. They'd just collect dust, anyways.

I was actually having this discussion earlier (in real life not on the forums) how collectors can spend so much money and just shove the item away on a shelf or something. The point is, if you are not going to use it, there is not much of a point of having it (in my own opinion). The money spent on it could be what stops you being homeless, stops you from starving, you never know what may happen over night...

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 14:32)

I was actually having this discussion earlier (in real life not on the forums) how collectors can spend so much money and just shove the item away on a shelf or something. The point is, if you are not going to use it, there is not much of a point of having it (in my own opinion). The money spent on it could be what stops you being homeless, stops you from starving, you never know what may happen over night...

Exactly what I believe. Any items laying around my house that I don't use anymore, I just put them on eBay to sell. That money could go towards something that I really want, and would actually use.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 19:35)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 14:32)

Exactly what I believe. Any items laying around my house that I don't use anymore, I just put them on eBay to sell. That money could go towards something that I really want, and would actually use.

I know what you mean, in a way, finn4life may want to play with the figure and I would say 'Go buy it' but $150 shipping fee is just absurd, in a way, its a waste confused.gif

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 18:30)

It depends where you buy from, you can return items and get money back sometimes. But it's never always straight forward.

But yeah, it really depends on how much you get out of buying it. Collectors are good for archiving things, but other than that....it might pretty up a shelf having Claude just standing there, I'd buy a figure of him too to dress up the place...but not for that much..never. I can afford it, I could go buy it now but like how you've said there's much more important things to spend on like food and rent and stuff. Money spent on expensive ornaments leaves less money to spend on stuff you need.

I always like to keep as much money in the bank as possible to ward off losing my home or going into debt. I buy luxuries and frivolous items of course....but nothing too expensive.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 17:02)
that junk?

He's obviously considering buying them because he wants them and not because he thinks they are junk so I don't find that argument very valid.

I've bought one of the Vice City Soundtrack Box Sets myself. I don't actually listen to the discs but I can enjoy just looking at the box. Admittedly I got it absurdly cheap so I'm not really helping but my point is that he should think about what he wants and not about what others would think of it. If it means something to you then that's a good reason to go for it. With a bit of luck they may even go up in price when they run out in the warehouse and you might be able to sell them on for a bit of a profit. tounge.gif

I've been absolutely itching to get one of those lithographs myself to be honest. Still sad they didn't make ones for Vice City as well.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 19:51)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 17:02)
that junk?

He's obviously considering buying them because he wants them and not because he thinks they are junk so I don't find that argument very valid.

I was sort of quoting Vanzant when I said that, I didn't mean it literally. I meant what was Vanzant going to do with it after he said 'what the hell am I going to do with that junk?'

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

I did something similar to collecting, I saved the PS2 Manual for Vice city, but threw away the game disc and case, I don't know why..

• abccba123 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users