Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will GTA V beat COD: Ghosts?

156 replies to this topic

Poll: Will GTA V beat COD: Ghosts? (316 member(s) have cast votes)

Will GTA V beat COD: Ghosts?

1. Yes (236 votes [80.27%])

Percentage of vote: 80.27%

2. No (25 votes [8.50%])

Percentage of vote: 8.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote
NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (SmirkingRevenge @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 02:13)
Probably. You see, now it's cool to hate cowadooty. Even the kiddies are moving on to Battlefield or something.

Thank you!

Perhaps even one day people will be "too cool" to play Battlefield. Everything that turns too mainstream turns to sh*t eventually. That's why I hope GTA kinda stays under the radar.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by brian., 17 July 2013 - 02:35 AM.

The probability is very likely that yes GTA V will outsell Call of Duty Ghosts. It's basically a given.

And MW2 would never have broken any of those records had GTA IV not directly preceded it and put all that hardware into living rooms. IV was a major role in moving consoles. At the time, I assumed that was why the PC version was delayed, and obviously the xbox timed exclusivity and all, but now, I can't explain it other than that they want to maximize profits by staggering platform launches and leading with only PS3 and 360 at first. That's alright, I don't mind waiting, and want to see them do well.

GTA IV broke all those records though, and then hasn't really been out since. CoD has been left to clean up the hunger for great content that GTA IV played a major role in creating. it has done really well, and Ghosts will put an end to the rumors that cod is "losing steam" due to innovations and we don't even know anything about MP in Ghosts yet. Even still, my prediction is that Ghosts is Call of Duty's best launch and best sales, and still doesn't top GTA V, a wholly more approachable and accessible title than Call of Duty in general.

When you see what MW1 did (which wasn't much - new consoles, low audience), then GTA IV came out and sold 20 million new consoles, then CoD has ridden as the king of sales while GTA is away, starting with MW2 which broke all the same records and IV and more records on top of it - it has continued to grow in popularity, friends have sold each other into FPS on call of duty, the audience has grown phenomenally through the strength of call of duty and about 6 other titles, including some console brand exclusives.

That said, both GTA V and CoD are poised to have the best year ever, in gaming history. GTA V will be the clear juggernaut of 2013, with CoD just behind it. GTA V will not only beat CoD, it will break all the same records as IV did, and the records that CoD has added to that list that gaming has dominated in entertainment for the past 5 years - GTA V is going to have the best launch in all the launch metrics. I don't know how it will do on the long tail, but probably very very well, especially if PC releases on steam down the road. Year one will be huge. You can take this to the bank, this is going to be the biggest game launch of all time, and it is going to create a phenominon around GTA that hasn't been felt since gaming shifted to a more online centric focus. GTA is about to be the big game again. CoD will be second biggest, and really only because it is just not as accessible as an adventure title such as GTA.

Even with simultaneous releases on PC, PS3, 360, PS4, and Comcast X1 Xbox, it will be very close, and GTA V is more likely than not the victor, hands down, take it to the president.

And the guy above me misunderstood the post he quoted. Basically, CoD haters are hipsters and fad chasers, not skilled game players. That game has more fans than detractors however.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

No, Call of Duty is the best and most creative video game series of the 21st century. Anybody who would even think of the idea that Rockstar's silly Grand Theft Auto V game would outsell the superior Call of Duty: Ghosts is delusional.

/thread

No.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

user posted image

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

[QUOTE=gtafreak10,Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 02:34] No, Call of Duty is the best and most creative video game series of the 21st century. Anybody who would even think of the idea that Rockstar's silly Grand Theft Auto V game would outsell the superior Call of Duty: Ghosts is delusional.

No

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking. confused.gif

gabichobra
  • gabichobra

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

GTA is always the best seller when it's released... No doubt

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 02:41)
You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking. confused.gif

No, of course not. I'm tired of Rockstar Games disappointing me more and more with every release. It's like right when you think GTA is getting at least a little better, Call of Duty comes in and blows GTA right out of the water....

Speaking of water, GTA V's underwater environment looks like sh*t compared to Ghosts next gen technology.

smokeyp31
  • smokeyp31

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

Yes Gta v will beat call of duty ghosts,
Gta V =awesome gameplay, diversity of missions, extra stuff to do, endless posibilities of crazy over the top fun.
Cod ghosts = same sh1t as last years COD =same sh1t as the COD before.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 02:53)
You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.  confused.gif

No, of course not. I'm tired of Rockstar Games disappointing me more and more with every release. It's like right when you think GTA is getting at least a little better, Call of Duty comes in and blows GTA right out of the water....

Speaking of water, GTA V's underwater environment looks like sh*t compared to Ghosts next gen technology.

So, your user name is a lie, then?
user posted image

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 02:55)

user posted image

You see, I made this account back in November of 2012. At the time, Call of Duty: Ghosts wasn't even known or heard of. I was going to give GTA V a chance, but honestly since Ghosts came in the picture, I have cancelled my pre-order, and I'm going to have an amazing time playing Call of Duty Online, especially with their next gen, regenerating maps!

Beat that GTA!

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

I think cod as gone down hill the last few titles, but for some reason people are still buying the same game. It's possible though. I wasn't impressed at all from the e3 trailers, and that "fish will swim out of your way now" as soon as I saw that I was like "ok if that's all they got to show for now, I'm done with cod"

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:59)
QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 02:55)

user posted image

You see, I made this account back in November of 2012. At the time, Call of Duty: Ghosts wasn't even known or heard of. I was going to give GTA V a chance, but honestly since Ghosts came in the picture, I have cancelled my pre-order, and I'm going to have an amazing time playing Call of Duty Online, especially with their next gen, regenerating maps!

Beat that GTA!

Trust me, sarcasm will not penetrate the fluoride in the masses. Nice attempt, though. Believe me when I tell you, I sense you've been practicing for years. You are undoubtedly the master of sarcasm. bored.gif

wink.gif

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

No, because COD is on more platforms than GTA V. So COD will have the sale numbers of PC + current and next gen consoles combined.

That said, Perhaps many of COD'S fans have realised that they are buying the same game every year and may decide to skip this years and opt for GTA V instead.

I stopped playing COD after it left the WW2 era, it was actually a good series back then in my opinion.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (brian. @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 03:07)
Trust me, sarcasm will not penetrate the fluoride in the masses. Nice attempt, though. Believe me when I tell you, I sense you've been practicing for years. You are undoubtedly the master of sarcasm. bored.gif

wink.gif

Aw shoot, I thought nobody would have figured it out. confused.gif

You are undoubtedly the master of detecting sarcasm.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

I don't know, but cod is a force to reckon with. GTA IV was a "console seller" which means that lots of xbox/ps3s were bought for the sole reason to play GTA IV. Only time will tell if V beats Ghosts.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

As hyped up and juiced people are for V I still think COD will keep up. It's
just too mainstream a game to stay away.

They are both going to sell like crazy.

•¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•
  • •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:27 AM

there was only a total of 30 million consoles when GTA IV released, it still sold 20 million copies, Call Of Duty has had a much larger console base to work off since then.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (TheKrigeron @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 02:22)
A GTA game is like an event, a COD game is the companies way to check if you're still paying while bringing some old smelly candy over.
YES, also you need a poll

I can't figure out how to make one.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

GTA V is almost certainly going to break the one day and first week sales records just as GTA IV did when it came out. Keep in mind that GTA IV did $310M in its first 24 hours and $500M in sales for its first week in 2008 with a install base of less than 1/6th of what it is today. There should be little doubt that V is going to easily do more at least double that almost five and a half years later and six times as many potential day one customers.

Hell, look at how many views on Youtube the game play trailer has already gotten in its first week. The hype is already there.

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:55)

user posted image

WTF happened to Simon Cowell?!

Burchmore500
  • Burchmore500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

At the moment it looks as if GTA is going to be the bigger seller but Call of Duty's multiplayer is very addictive for a lot of people. It is a game that casual gamers can enjoy and has become a sort of cultural phenomenon.

Every year I say that "oh, i'm not going to get the next COD it's the same every year", but then they change a few small things and i'm back into it again. They never have to change very much at all for people to be ready to buy it again. Even if it's something like a few perk works differently and different attachments, that is enough for COD fans to want to buy it again. I do this and I am a scumbag for it. It is essentially a large DLC pack, and let's not forget that as similar as they are to the previous game they are actually good games, and one of the only games that run at 60fps on consoles.

So if GTA V does outsell COD, it won't likely be because COD has sold less, because it probably won't. It will be because GTA will sell more.

Also, GTA IV has sold 25 million but it really did take four years to reach that. Between it's release and March 2010 it had only sold 15 million, and took it until September 2011 to reach 22 million and September 2012 to reach 25 million. Black Ops 2 has sold 24 million and it has only been out 9 months. Now you could say that this is because a lot of people didn't have the consoles in 2008 but I remember MW2 selling 20 million within a year of it's release and that came out in 2009.

If GTA V outsells COD it will be because of the casual gaming audience, the same audience that buys COD every year.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

Just like years past, Call of Duty will, very more than likely, dominate in sells and outsell GTA V by a huge margin. Then again, GTA V, sells wise of course, may go toe to toe with COD. I honestly do not care, for all that matters is that I have the game that I love. Even if it does not sell as well as COD, GTA V will sell and exceptional amount of copies and I am sure R* will be more than satisfied with the sells of GTA V.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 03:51)
Just like years past, Call of Duty will, very more than likely, dominate in sells and outsell GTA V by a huge margin. Then again, GTA V, sells wise of course, may go toe to toe with COD. I honestly do not care, for all that matters is that I have the game that I love. Even if it does not sell as well as COD, GTA V will sell and exceptional amount of copies and I am sure R* will be more than satisfied with the sells of GTA V.

COD never had to compete with GTA.

Before COD, it was GTA that was setting records with each release, and it will likely continue to do so.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Sorry , but what ?!?! do you know how entertaining Grand Theft Auto series is ? are you just trying to troll cause no game that Rockstar released was bad so please shut up , it's better than Call of Duty

SpaggetAboutIt
  • SpaggetAboutIt

You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

Just look at the pre-orders and lack of interest or hype, GTA V will outsell it.

However, GTA V cost 150 mil and took 5 years, so it will be less profitable and next year COD will be the top selling game next year.

I don't even think COD reach 20 million this year though, noone cares about that one, just look at the pre orders!
Maybe when they make a MW4 or something it will catch attention next year.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

I'd just like to say gtafreak is my new hero.

Also for f*ck's sake OP what response did you think you were going to get in a forum as circlejerky as this one?

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013
  • Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

After 21 years, it's time.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

Pre-orders in the US for both consoles:

CoD: Ghosts: 228,779

GTA V: 662,928

Almost Triple!

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 06:13)
QUOTE (brian. @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 03:07)
Trust me, sarcasm will not penetrate the fluoride in the masses. Nice attempt, though. Believe me when I tell you, I sense you've been practicing for years. You are undoubtedly the master of sarcasm.  bored.gif

wink.gif

Aw shoot, I thought nobody would have figured it out. confused.gif

You are undoubtedly the master of detecting sarcasm.

I sensed your sarcasm from the first second I've read your post.
Try hardeeer! biggrin.gif

Seenyour31
  • Seenyour31

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

They will both sell well, I really don't care which series outsells the other, as I enjoy both games, and none of that boatload of money each company will make is going into my pocket sly.gif

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

By far, but a lot of under aged kids and fan boys and people who are equivalent to crackheads that can't give up there addiction will still buy it.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

COD comes out every year and GTA comes out every 4-5 years so it's logical that 5-4 COD games will have more sales than 1 GTA game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users