A Woman Can Be a "Rockstar" Too

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
483 replies to this topic
DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:23)
Women don't gangbang. They get gangbanged.

TBH, ghetto girls are real but there are either fat, ugly and masculine if they are the REAL type ghetto with a gun and gangbang but if its a wannabe ghetto girl she will be loud, annoying but good looking and either way noone wants a protagonist thats fat (no offense) or annoying

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 14:29)
QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 20:19)
they belong in the kitchen. not video games.

user posted image

Go back to school or kindergarten.

Some comments here are disturbing. Yeah, the average age on GTAF is definitely too low.

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 20:27)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:25)
If it makes you feel better OP you can hire a female crew member, however she's only a hacker.

img

She looks like a guy, tbh...

Paige is a female name.

mad?

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

I would Pick a female if I had the choice, because who wants to stare at a man's ass for 30 hours?

Anyway, I don't really care and forcing them to make a story just to please some Modern-Feminist idiots is a very very stupid thing

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

women have no rights, and will not be in gta

hleb
  • hleb

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

If there was a Women lead in future GTA games i wouldn't buy it. I'm sorry but it just wouldn't be believable.

Feminists can do one.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Didn't read, haha!

But you got that right. We need some more women in the games. You ever wondered why women 'hate' playing games and boys who play games? That's because they don't feel a part of this industry. Usually women in games are portrayed as prostitues, strippers or some big-boobs-action-girls to make a title more appealing to men. Poor girls have no one to relate to in them. That's why developers should put some more feminine in those damn games.

Used a gay font and color to make it more noticeable. I'm such an attention whore. cool.gif

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

I don't care either way. As long as the game, story & characters are good & make sense, the Protagonist can be any gender or race. Obviously I'm used to playing as a male, so that would naturally feel right, but as long as it fits & feels right, & not just for the sake of doing a female protagonist, I don't care really.

However I agree. A woman CAN be a Rockstar too! I hate sexism, we're all equal & the same & different at the same time. Some guys can be nice or be dicks, so can women too. Gender doesn't matter.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:04)
go watch oprah or something, brah

I shouldn't...
... But I lol'd

KingJames37
  • KingJames37

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

You want some cheese too?

user posted image

nobody cares!

I wouldn't mind if they had one, especially if you have multiple protags but still.......

datboishad
  • datboishad

realisitic boob physics!!!

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

i can tell the ignorant comments are young kids

ot: gta online will probably let you be a female like IV lol.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

THUG4LIFE, homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Wow, what a wave of the usual boring, cynical and sometimes sarcastic hate at the beginning of this thread. I think the writers of video games and movies should work harder to create new types of characters rather than the same old thing. As the OP said, with multiple protags, there was a chance to do something different.

Offensive remarks aside, how cool does one character have to be to fight, cheat, steal, and kill their way to the top [of the underground]?

In the real world of business, especially tech business, there are a rapidly increasing number of power women taking over. They know how to fight to the top. Examples: Marissa Mayer, @ Yahoo, Sheryl Sandberg @ Facebook, Ursula Burns @ Xerox, Carly Fiorina and Meg Whitman @ HP, Ginni Rometty @ IBM

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

It's about time rockstar changed characters about more. Age and gender especially.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (RandomNoun @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:23)
QUOTE (2spooky4u @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:16)
I support the idea of a female character in GTA V, but it's not your world. It's the game developers choice who gets in the game and who doesn't, and RandomNoun is right: Rockstar's primary audience is males, and males can be sexist, so they wouldn't add a female character in the first place because of their primary audience. Now, I know there's Bonnie and Clyde types, but when has there been a huge gangster that's female? Sure, there's more rights for women, but if you wanted to get a female character in the next GTA game, you'd end up with someone like Elizabeta, a stupid black gang banger and you wouldn't end up with some white, cool, mafia type because that's not the style of Rockstar. Please stop f*cking whining about the character choice in the game and accept that it's likely not going to happen. Rockstar's not even going to read your thread.

Elizabeta is almost the answer to this thread. Elizabeta is what a female GTA protagonist would be. Elizabeta's main conflict was trying to be taken seriously in a man's world. She couldn't do it.

How many people would truly want to play the game as Elizabeta? She's not a particularly likeable character. She's basically a man. So if Rockstar made a female protagonist who was basically a man at heart (to fit the role), then people would be put off due to the lack of femininity. It would make it pretty pointless ...

People who want it just want the gimmick.

Define "man at heart"? If you mean violent/Heartless Person then there is no other way to do it. I

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Seeing some of you guys' comments that you wouldn't play this game if there was a female lead, christ rolleyes.gif

It's true, gaming is dominated by young males so no matter how much developers want to be out there and do things different, they often still do conform to that audience. I am used to playing as a man as well, so even though I'm female, adjusting to a tough girl protag would also be weird for me too. I wouldn't automatically feel better or more associated with them just because it's a girl.

A single protag? Yeah, it might not work and it would be a big risk for the GTA series, but part of multiple protagonists or DLC like in V/IV? I 100% think would work and would be refreshing to see Rockstar's approach.

22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Ill be honest... I'm a guy and even I've been wanting to see more females in popular video games especially in GTA. Not all woman are soft, some are as badass as guys.

Just looks at Tomb Raider. Its got a femal protag and people still love it.

Look at mordern day movies now like Hunger Games(starring Jennifer Lawrance), Resident Evil(starring Milla Jovovich) and even though she she wasn't the main character(Michelle Rodregueze), she was the badass chick in the Fast and Furious movies and she even got an award for most badass chick(or sumthing like that)

There's also a good example of a badass chick in a GTA series, Catalina. She is one of the tuffest women I've ever seen in a video game.

Sadly its not just GTA that don't use femal characters even thought they could. Games like Assassins Creed which would do fine with female charcaters seems to keep away from them as if they are poison for some reason.

Maybe R* are planning on making the female protag for GTA 6 or as DLC for GTA V. Who knows

chop chop
  • chop chop

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (22ka @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 19:05)
Ill be honest... I'm a guy and even I've been wanting to see more females in popular video games especially in GTA. Not all woman are soft, some are as badass as guys.

Just looks at Tomb Raider. Its got a femal protag and people still love it.

Look at mordern day movies now like Hunger Games(starring Jennifer Lawrance), Resident Evil(starring Milla Jovovich) and even though she she wasn't the main character(Michelle Rodregueze), she was the badass chick in the Fast and Furious movies and she even got an award for most badass chick(or sumthing like that)

There's also a good example of a badass chick in a GTA series, Catalina. She is one of the tuffest women I've ever seen in a video game.

Sadly its not just GTA that don't use femal characters even thought they could. Games like Assassins Creed which would do fine with female charcaters seems to keep away from them as if they are poison for some reason.

Maybe R* are planning on making the female protag for GTA 6 or as DLC for GTA V. Who knows

That's blasphemy lol. This is such a big flame topic. and to the guy that said women should be in the kitchen. Try saying that to they're faces women are more willing to fight you more these days

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Honestly, I really couldn't see a woman protagonist fit for the game. I mean, think about it. I don't think a woman would enter a strip club (unless she was bisexual or lesbian?), work for the mafia, or any type of gang. I know they CAN do that (and I am very aware that there are some girls in gangs and mafia in real life and also in the GTA series) But, think about it. A female protagonist, just quite simply would not work IMO. Though if Rockstar did make a female protagonist in a GTA game, I would be definitely play around with it.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

The levels of ignorance is surprising.
Well not really since this the GTA V forum.

THEMANatwar
  • THEMANatwar

Work Hard, Play Hard

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Its funny because its always GUYS who complain and want to have a female model/protag. I've never seen a woman ask for one.

xAtreyux
  • xAtreyux

JB

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hmm.. well at least you can have a female Avatar in GTA Online aswel as other Rockstar games.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

The GTA series has been under fire for countless years by the media and gamers alike for their treatment of women.

No they have not, just STFU.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:41)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:40)
The main problem I have with some of the people suggesting a female protagonist is

They want this
user posted imageuser posted image

When really a female GTA protagonist should look like this
user posted image

Someone that actually looks like they could rip a grown man out of a car, they don't necessarily have to look ugly but they shouldn't look like a pin up model.

icon14.gif

Thanks for agreeing icon14.gif . Don't know how many times I've heard superficial stuff like "I would rather look at a female characters arse" why are you focusing on a video game characters arse? focus on the damn game smh.

@22ka: This is another example of what I'm saying, none of those characters would make believable protagonist in GTA's mostly grounded universe.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

My character on GTAIV online was a woman. One of my favorite characters in GTAIV was Elizabeta Florres. I think having strong female characters is far superior than having foil characters that don't experience character development. For those that doubt the ability of a strong female lead being impactful, listen to an interview with Quentin Tarrantino on the main character in the Kill Bill series.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by brian., 16 July 2013 - 07:23 PM.

This ain't Kotaku.

The only place you see women doing GTA things is movies, and it looks stupid there. Niko Bellic could never be filled shoes by a woman. A woman would never be doing his work. She would do other things in criminal organizations, not work like niko does - her job would be different and not fit into GTA and only make women more mad, because the truth hurts, and they won't like the reality of that kind of woman displayed in a video game.

Period.

Plus, average gamers is 35 and male. We are too old to mess with mentally and play with our sexuality securities and stuff - we simply won't care, and move on to the next game with sensible development that is believable.

Anyway, there are plenty of games with women stars where it makes sense.

And if you'd pay more attention to the game you are talking about, you would know that fourth slot is for multiplayer, and you will likely be able make a female. But it's not a fourth character, it's a multiplayer avatar.

Seriously, there is a lot to read on this forum alone about this topic. Long story short:

Girls and guys cannot do the same things and they are not equal and hollywood needs to stop giving females the false belief that they can go toe to toe with a man. Men are no better than women, and women are no better than men, but there are things each does better, and in reality/real life there are things each does and does not do. And no woman is CJ or Niko. None. And any who are, are not interesting, and that's why you never see then used in this context - anywhere - gta or not.

Any place you see a woman in a role where in real life only criminal men are that, it is cheesy, stupid, and fake. Video games RELY on being believable far more than any other media to not fail - a female GTA protagonist is not only out of the question, it is something no gta fan - male or female - would ever want.

A true fan of GTA would never want it to turn into sexual propaganda and false representation.

Show me a woman who can be niko bellic, and I'll show you a woman no one enjoys looking at. And who will not live very long.

And the guy above me "oh, kill bill" - that is a perfect example of why a woman will never be used in GTA as a protagonist. That is not a real movie, and it is not realistic at all - it's not supposed to be, but as far as GTA goes, making GTA anything like kill bill with a yellow jumpsuit katanas and a female lead, might as well be that god awful fake sh*t saints row - a woman fits in nicely with that fake sh*t. Fake ass kill bill belongs nowhere near GTA.

And LOL, no woman on this planet is like that - only in their heads - and they get beat up when they believe it's real. Period.

GTA starring a woman would be one mission long when she gets beat the f*ck up and pissed on, that is the reality of it. The reality. If you do not agree, then congratulations, you are sheltered from the underground. GTA is not for feminists who really just get women suped up to get beat up. And never will be.

Romarique
  • Romarique

Supreme Being

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Honestly, why do ladies always find it necessary to do everything guys do?
We race, fight or even play basketball, girls feel that they can play just as good and need there own WNBA (not that men care, girl sports suck ass).

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE ladies!
But this "measuring clits to dicks" as got to stop...

There isn't 1 guy on the planet that has a problem with Tomb Raider,
Becaus we are comfortable with who we are and don't feel the need to compare.
This whole problem has NOTHING to do with men but with women and there own low self-esteem.

Please leave GTA out of it...thank you.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Romarique @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 19:21)
Honestly, why do ladies always find it necessary to do everything guys do?

Penis Envy

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Not in GTA. If Rockstar makes a game with a female protag, it shouldn't be Grand Theft Auto. You can be a woman in GTA Online if you want...

ghost420
  • ghost420

Im sorry about this.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

A man who made a topic of how a woman should be a playable character and doesn't even contribute to his own topic. Nice.

chop chop
  • chop chop

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm a man dammit a manly man that likes manly things such as video games, bbq, spankwire, fast cars and fast women lol

truth123
  • truth123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:04)
go watch oprah or something, brah

icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users