Photo

I need help uninstalling GTA SA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
Shnoipah
  • Shnoipah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by Shnoipah, 17 July 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Ok so what happened is I was messing around with mods and then i f*cked up a little and there was no way of reversing that so what i had to do was uninstall the game. So i went ahead and clicked the uninstall button and after the game was fully uninstalled I went ahead and installed it again. So then i was just waiting for it to install but the computer froze while the game was installing. I couldn't do anything but hold down the power button and wait for the computer to turn off so i can turn it on again and continue with my installing. So after the computer was on again i went into that little window that pops up when you insert the disc into the computer. But there was no install button. There was ''Uninstall'' and ''Play GTA San Andreas'' so i clicked the play button and then the Demoshield icon appeard and dissapeared and nothing happened after. So i went ahead and clicked the uninstall button and again the Demoshield icon appeard and after this an error appeared and it said.

Setup has detected an error

Please do the following:
- Close any running programs
- Empty your temporary folder
- Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run the Setup again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Error code -6003

And thats the message i get. I have closed all programs, I don't really know what the second thing ment. Like what is the temporary folder? and my internet connection was fine.
I even tried to restart the computer and then uninstall it but it still didn't work.
What i have seen other people do is download a program called ''Cclean'' then clean out any bits and pieces of GTA San Andreas that have been left after deleting the GTA San Andread directory and then they could uninstall the game but for me it doesn't work. I tried downloading ''Cclean" and deleting leftovers from GTA San Andreas but i still got the same error. The I have seen other people use something called ''System restore'' so i tried that and it didn't reall work. What happened was it asked to type something in so I typed in ''Rockstar'' and then it gave me an option of restoring the computer to how it was an hour ago. And that didn't help because i had the problem for about 5-6 hours. I real don't know how to use that ''System Restore" thingy so if someone could explain it to me or give me a link to a tutorial or something like that, that would be great! Or maybe there are other ways, I don't really know. Please help me play the game, it is my childhood game and I can't live without it, I love playing it! BTW I have deleted the GTA SA directory and that GTA SA folder in the documents aswell. Please Help cryani.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

If you have Vista, you will also need to delete the Hidden 'Virtual Store San Andreas', as well as the gta_sa.set file.

Shnoipah
  • Shnoipah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 17:56)
If you have Vista, you will also need to delete the Hidden 'Virtual Store San Andreas', as well as the gta_sa.set file.

I have windows 7

Alihunter
  • Alihunter

Never meant to be so cold...

• BUSTED!
  • Iran

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Shnoipah @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 19:51)

I have windows 7

1:cut GTA SA USER FILES to somewhere else[its located in my document or in (windows drive)\Program data.]
2:if does not work,please try to set compatibility the installer to win xp sp2 or else [by right clicking the installer and then properties,compatibility tab,set run this program in compatibility mode for--->win xp sp2 or else]
HOOOPPPPPEEEE IIIITTTTT HEEEELLPPPPPSSS smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif !!!!

Shnoipah
  • Shnoipah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Alihunter @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 06:38)
QUOTE (Shnoipah @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 19:51)

I have windows 7

1:cut GTA SA USER FILES to somewhere else[its located in my document or in (windows drive)\Program data.]
2:if does not work,please try to set compatibility the installer to win xp sp2 or else [by right clicking the installer and then properties,compatibility tab,set run this program in compatibility mode for--->win xp sp2 or else]
HOOOPPPPPEEEE IIIITTTTT HEEEELLPPPPPSSS smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif !!!!

no it didn't work sad.gif i still get the error

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

Here's my thoughts: some mods actually add a certain number of files to your GTA SA directory. When you unistalled the game, the program only removed the 'basic files,' that is to say only the files that have been installed first but that might have been replaced by mods as well. The unistallation program did not noticed the additionnal files that a mod can add actually, i.e. CLEO. So try to unistall properly once again (even the User Files) and go check your GTA SA directory; if you still see it, just delete the files left and reinstall your game after a reboot.

Shnoipah
  • Shnoipah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Imbredking @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 01:23)
Here's my thoughts: some mods actually add a certain number of files to your GTA SA directory. When you unistalled the game, the program only removed the 'basic files,' that is to say only the files that have been installed first but that might have been replaced by mods as well. The unistallation program did not noticed the additionnal files that a mod can add actually, i.e. CLEO. So try to unistall properly once again (even the User Files) and go check your GTA SA directory; if you still see it, just delete the files left and reinstall your game after a reboot.

did you even read what i wrote there. i deleted the entire gta sa directory and the user files then i tried using cclean to clean out any bits of it that i haven't deleted. and the amount of times i have rebooted my pc after doing something which might work is uncountable

Shnoipah
  • Shnoipah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Shnoipah @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:38)
Ok so what happened is I was messing around with mods and then i f*cked up a little and there was no way of reversing that so what i had to do was uninstall the game. So i went ahead and clicked the uninstall button and after the game was fully uninstalled I went ahead and installed it again. So then i was just waiting for it to install but the computer froze while the game was installing. I couldn't do anything but hold down the power button and wait for the computer to turn off so i can turn it on again and continue with my installing. So after the computer was on again i went into that little window that pops up when you insert the disc into the computer. But there was no install button. There was ''Uninstall'' and ''Play GTA San Andreas'' so i clicked the play button and then the Demoshield icon appeard and dissapeared and nothing happened after. So i went ahead and clicked the uninstall button and again the Demoshield icon appeard and after this an error appeared and it said.

Setup has detected an error

Please do the following:
- Close any running programs
- Empty your temporary folder
- Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run the Setup again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Error code -6003

And thats the message i get. I have closed all programs, I don't really know what the second thing ment. Like what is the temporary folder? and my internet connection was fine.
I even tried to restart the computer and then uninstall it but it still didn't work.
What i have seen other people do is download a program called ''Cclean'' then clean out any bits and pieces of GTA San Andreas that have been left after deleting the GTA San Andread directory and then they could uninstall the game but for me it doesn't work. I tried downloading ''Cclean" and deleting leftovers from GTA San Andreas but i still got the same error. The I have seen other people use something called ''System restore'' so i tried that and it didn't reall work. What happened was it asked to type something in so I typed in ''Rockstar'' and then it gave me an option of restoring the computer to how it was an hour ago. And that didn't help because i had the problem for about 5-6 hours. I real don't know how to use that ''System Restore" thingy so if someone could explain it to me or give me a link to a tutorial or something like that, that would be great! Or maybe there are other ways, I don't really know. Please help me play the game, it is my childhood game and I can't live without it, I love playing it! BTW I have deleted the GTA SA directory and that GTA SA folder in the documents aswell. Please Help cryani.gif

alright if anyone wants to comment then there is no need because i already got it worked out. my friend helped me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users