Quantcast

» «
Photo

All protagonists won't be playable from the start

141 replies to this topic

Poll: Which character do you think we will start with? (679 member(s) have cast votes)

Which character do you think we will start with?

1. Michael (600 votes [91.60%])

Percentage of vote: 91.60%

2. Franklin (43 votes [6.56%])

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

3. Trevor (12 votes [1.83%])

Percentage of vote: 1.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ZuParadox
  • ZuParadox

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I reckon start with Michael - then add Franklin and then finally add Trevor in....

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (ZuParadox @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:16)
I reckon start with Michael - then Michael and Franklin and then finally add Trevor in....

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=566104

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

It's great, if you see trailer 2..Franklin meets Micheal i think.

Cobra2012
  • Cobra2012

Square Civilian

• Members

QUOTE (StewartWilson1992 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:12)
OP, why did you post a separate thread about this?

I did?

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

QUOTE (Frantz Fuchs @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:11)
That's good. It's better to have an introduction to the characters before jumping right in.

Exactly! And honestly, I didn't think all three would be playable from the beginning anyway.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Duh

GlamFM
  • GlamFM

Overall best member of the GTAForums.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nice bait title...

I think it´s good - every character will get his own introduction this way.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

It was obvious they were going to do this..

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

There's a difference between Not all the three characters will be playable from the start andAll three characters will not be playable from the start. Is this a French translation?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

It better not take forever for us to be able to play all characters because honestly I won't give a sh*t about the story when I first get the game, I just want to explore as Michael.

Sketchy James
  • Sketchy James

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Something I'm unsure of what has been touched on.

So you start off as Michael yes? Would Trevor and Franklin still be parading around visiting Medical Marijuana Stores and whatever else they feel? What a tease eh

Billy Benedict
  • Billy Benedict

Town Drunk

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 14:02)
Michael is the central protagonist. We've known this, so it only makes sense to start with him. Anyone who wants to start out with Franklin is probably 12 and just wants SA2.

Im 12 becauae I want to play as a character I can relate to?
Im not some asshole snitch whose bored of having everything
I'm not some stinkin-ass hillbilly

But I am a young black man trying to better himself
Not that I dont like the other guys, as mike seems like a bad mofo with a weapon, and trev looks hilarious but I like my playable character to be like me, or someone I can at least see myself in.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, I knew about that. I have read it on the french site. I have to say that it's not a bad thing though. You get introduced each character better this way. I'm pretty sure you'll meet the other 2 pretty soon in the game anyway.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

The question is: which character will the narrative start off with?
  • Will it start off with Franklin who then meets Michael?
  • Will it start off with Trevor who perhaps then discovers that Michael is alive and well and in an FiB witness protection programme?
  • But I reckon we'll start off with Michael, through which we will then encounter the other two. This seems the best fit to me.

Doodling Hitman
  • Doodling Hitman

The Doodling Assassin

• Members
  • Netherlands

QUOTE (Frantz Fuchs @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:11)
That's good. It's better to have an introduction to the characters before jumping right in.

Same.

guitarviking
  • guitarviking

Crackhead

• Members

Seen quite a few people bitch about this, but really... It's not like it's gonna be half way through the game before we have all three, probably won't take more than a few missions, just to get the game going and making it reasonable to have the 2 you don't start of with (most likely Franklin and Trevor). My guess is you play 1 or 2 missions with Michael, then he meets Franklin, he opens up, a few missions with him, maybe 1 or 2 where him and Michael does something, then Michael finds out Trevor is back and he decides to introduce Franklin and Trevor, and then the game really starts.

Atleast that's what I think, I really don't think they'll have 1 or 2 of em locked for half the game.

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by gtamad8, 16 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

-removed by author-

Omar777i
  • Omar777i

☆☆★★★

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:21)
It better not take forever for us to be able to play all characters because honestly I won't give a sh*t about the story when I first get the game, I just want to explore as Michael.

I'm pretty sure we are gonna start as Michael and he ties the other two charcters together.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Michael and Franklin will be the first playable characters. Trevor will arrive in town after 10 or so missions (he mentions that in a trailer: "I'm back in town baby!").

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (WILLAL212 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:28)
Michael is the central protagonist. We've known this, so it only makes sense to start with him. Anyone who wants to start out with Franklin is probably 12 and just wants SA2.

Not that I dont like the other guys, as mike seems like a bad mofo with a weapon, and trev looks hilarious but I like my playable character to be like me, or someone I can at least see myself in.

Dude WTF. Go outside if you want to play yourself. f*cking people these days... complaining about everything!

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (guitarviking @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 17:29)
I really don't think they'll have 1 or 2 of 'em locked for half the game.

Definitely not. We'll have met all three by the end of the first act, which will include at least one heist already.

Billy Benedict
  • Billy Benedict

Town Drunk

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:32)
QUOTE (WILLAL212 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:28)

Dude WTF. Go outside if you want to play yourself. f*cking people these days... complaining about everything!

Dude are you trying to tell me that you like to watch movie where the main character is an asshole. Seriously, if you can chose who you want to play as why would you chose the mofo who is nothing like you, let alone a character you barely like. Im not complaining but if the keep pumpin this you can be who you wantstuff, but im fourced to play as a snitch or an assbole who chokes old people then imma be disapointed. And if niggas aint complain, we ztill have nothing to spend money on

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Is that new?

user posted image

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (meson1 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 12:15)
You know what these GTA games are like. You get a tutorial mission for more or less everything in the game; and that will have to include the character switching.

Secondly, there's also the issue of the narrative. The storytelling will probably work best by starting with one character and use that character to introduce you to the other two as part of the story. Basic stuff really.

Yup I have a feeling it'll go;

Start with Michael
-- 2 or 3 missions introducing you to the basic controls & features of the game including biking
-- Meet up with Trevor
-- Character switching tutorial

Move to Trevor
-- 2 or 3 missions that introduce you to the rural part of the map, diving & flying planes
-- Meet up with Franklin somehow

Move to Franklin
-- 2 or 3 missions that introduce you to racing, customizing cars & customizing the characters & possibly skydiving

From there you go onto the regular non-tutorial part of the game.

Actually now that I think of it maybe Trevor at the start of the game works for a local skydiving company as a pilot (this is the plane tutorial) and Franklin is one of his clients, he takes him up and right before you dive you're forced to switch to Franklin which begins his intro with a skydiving tutorial.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 13:29)
Interesting. Unlike some of the map being off limits from the start, one or two of the characters will be. That's nice because it will take the pressure of having all that choice from the get-go. I'll play as one for a while and get familiar with the character and the characters special abilities. Then, I'll really look forward to moving on to the next one etc.

yeah, I feel there can indeed be a little feeling of pressure when you have all 3 at your disposal. controlling one means you "miss out" on things the other two experience. but maybe that's just me, always wanting to see stuff from different angles, getting the whole picture, listening to all parties involved and such. 3 playthroughs are mandatory here, to me at least. possibly 4. a mixed session, checking out everything switching back and forth a lot, and then a playthrough for each character where I focus on one particularly.

iTz i Makez HD
  • iTz i Makez HD

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Michael will be first. I am sure about that

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by InfernoV, 16 July 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Each charecter should have 5 missions each!
Michaels missions should revolve around his family.
Franklin around his gang
And trevor with his beef with the bikers

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

I imagine we'll start out as Michael, do a few missions, and then recruit both Trevor and Franklin. That's what the second trailer gave me the impression of, anyway.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by meson1, 16 July 2013 - 05:06 PM.

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 17:55)
You know what these GTA games are like.  You get a tutorial mission for more or less everything in the game; and that will have to include the character switching.

Secondly, there's also the issue of the narrative.  The storytelling will probably work best by starting with one character and use that character to introduce you to the other two as part of the story.  Basic stuff really.

Start with Michael
-- 2 or 3 missions introducing you to the basic controls & features of the game including biking
-- Meet up with Trevor

Move to Trevor
-- 2 or 3 missions that introduce you to the rural part of the map, diving & flying planes

Move to Franklin
-- 2 or 3 missions that introduce you to racing, customizing cars & customizing the characters & possibly skydiving

Actually now that I think of it maybe Trevor at the start of the game works for a local skydiving company as a pilot (this is the plane tutorial) and Franklin is one of his clients, he takes him up and right before you dive you're forced to switch to Franklin which begins his intro with a skydiving tutorial.

Actually, trailer 2 shows us Michael introducing Franklin to Trevor as "the son I never had."

Trailer 2 also shows us Franklin meeting Michael for the first time when Franklin asks him which house somebody lives in.

So Michael meets Franklin before then introducing him to Trevor. What is unclear is how we are introduced to Trevor, but it must surely be via Michael.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (meson1 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 13:04)
QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 17:55)
You know what these GTA games are like.  You get a tutorial mission for more or less everything in the game; and that will have to include the character switching.

Secondly, there's also the issue of the narrative.  The storytelling will probably work best by starting with one character and use that character to introduce you to the other two as part of the story.  Basic stuff really.

Start with Michael
-- Meet up with Trevor

Move to Trevor

Move to Franklin

Actually, trailer 2 shows us Michael introducing Franklin to Trevor as "the son I never had."

Trailer 2 also shows us Franklin meeting Michael for the first time when Franklin asks him which house somebody lives in.

Meh, mine makes more sense though for getting those stupid tutorials out of the way faster tounge.gif l0l

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users