Quantcast

» «
Photo

All protagonists won't be playable from the start

141 replies to this topic

Poll: Which character do you think we will start with? (679 member(s) have cast votes)

Which character do you think we will start with?

1. Michael (600 votes [91.60%])

Percentage of vote: 91.60%

2. Franklin (43 votes [6.56%])

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

3. Trevor (12 votes [1.83%])

Percentage of vote: 1.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote
mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

GTA 5's three main characters won't all be playable from the start.

Rockstar didn't mention who we will play as first.

Source: http://www.jeuxactu....nages-88398.htm

ArteminEm
  • ArteminEm

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

ok

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Radioaktivität

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Interesting. Unlike some of the map being off limits from the start, one or two of the characters will be. That's nice because it will take the pressure of having all that choice from the get-go. I'll play as one for a while and get familiar with the character and the characters special abilities. Then, I'll really look forward to moving on to the next one etc.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

I bet Michael's the first playable protag.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (mirmihir @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 15:30)
I bet Michael's the first playable protag.

You and me both breda.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

I can't imagine it would be very long before they're all playable, up until the first heist probably.

FranklinsMasterSword
  • FranklinsMasterSword

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Ahh, should take some of the weirdness out of the beginning now, having an intro with all three to possibly play as would be strange.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

i can see a new character being introduced as the story develops. like an achievement award sort of thing.

this sort of bring up the question of how the character will be introduced, as theres only one now. i'm sure its Michael.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I must say, I'm a little bit disappointed with this. The first feature I wanted to try out was the character switching. Sure it adds a little bit of pacing to the game, but I don't think it would have been overwhelming for your average GTA player to learn how to use the feature from the get-go. Hopefully it's just a mission or two with each of them individually and we get to control them as early on as possible.

I don't want to wait for the next available character as long as I had to wait for the next area of the map to be available in previous GTA games. Uncovering the map piece by piece was fun and pushed you forward, but I don't think limiting your options in one of the game's most advertised features adds anything to the experience. I hope they pull it off right and it doesn't feel like a chore getting to the next protagonist.

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

Is that website some giant image or something? I cannot translate it for the life of me because it won't let me highlight a thing.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Well this is going to make people actually play the storyline for a bit, like unlocking islands. I'm guessing they're unlocked quickly, before the first heist.

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

In my opinion, we'll have all three by the 10th mission or roughly thereabouts. The first set of Michael missions will probably be your typical tutorial missions: learn game mechanics/features in missions where you just spend time with your family.

I really think the second the character is introduced, they'll be playable. I don't see any point in Michael working and hanging out with Trevor for example, and then the game says, "now go and play as Trevor."

Matty
  • Matty

Bounty Hunter

• Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm fine with this to be honest. Only being able to play as one protagonist at first will allow the player to get to know them - before moving on to the others in sequence. IMO it's better that way due to the fact that this is Rockstar's first title that has more than one protagonist intertwined around a single storyline - so it's probably best to build into it and introduce each of the protagonists slowly one by one instead of having all three protagonists available from the very beginning.

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

I was really looking forward to playing with Franklin first and just riding through the city.I thought GTA was about freedom.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

This is really Interesting to know, I like how Rockstar works

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 14:44)
I really think the second the character is introduced, they'll be playable. I don't see any point in Michael working and hanging out with Trevor for example, and then the game says, "now go and play as Trevor."

It'll pretty much be a mission in which you will be forced to change the character, it shouldn't really take long in my opinion, as the three protags is one of the main features in the game and therefore would be silly for it to take a very long time to become unlocked. I can imagine a forced change of character in the mission which will act as a kind of tutorial for the character switching, and after that the obligatory pop-up box in top right saying you can now switch between e.g Michael and Trevor.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (oRNoKrazK1ipz @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 13:47)
I was really looking forward to playing with Franklin first and just riding through the city.I thought GTA was about freedom.

Too much freedom at once can spoil the experience, to be honest. That's what made me give up on Saint's Row III very early on. But I still dislike this decision. They should have just given us other things to have to work on and unlock, not the three main protagonists. This means they aren't treating them all equally and one will obviously have an advantage over the others.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Evil.Tim @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 00:51)
QUOTE (oRNoKrazK1ipz @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 13:47)

Too much freedom at once can spoil the experience, to be honest. That's what made me give up on Saint's Row III very early on. But I still dislike this decision. They should have just given us other things to have to work on and unlock, not the three main protagonists. This means they aren't treating them all equally and one will obviously have an advantage over the others.

There's always a slight possibility we get to choose our first character ourselves... Although I doubt it... But no big deal really. Like mentioned we probably just start as Michael to get the game started and tutorials etc then meet up with Trevor and franklin to prepare for the first heist and its unlocked then.

ewankirky
  • ewankirky

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Oh well, guess we're doing the grand tour in Michael's sports car to start with.

Going to head into Trevor's area first and see if I can spot him.

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

I wish Trevor second one ,when I can control him the first time,I'll go to the gun shop,buy the hammer I missed for years!

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think it's a great idea personally. It almost compensates for having an open map.

I'd imagine it'll be Michael>Trevor>Franklin.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

I like this idea. Since the map is is not closed, make the protags closed.
Btw, if we'll play as Michael first, I'll try to find Trevor and see how they interact with each other tounge.gif

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Michael is the central protagonist. We've known this, so it only makes sense to start with him. Anyone who wants to start out with Franklin is probably 12 and just wants SA2.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Meh, I'll just complete whatever missions I need to unlock all of them, then freeroam. Not that big of a deal.

TheYeast
  • TheYeast

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

That screws up my plans. I wanted to switch to trevor right away and fly around the whole map.

Dotseoem
  • Dotseoem

Member of DrkHWF.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

We'll either start as Mike or Frank since we see them from the start (Repo Mission).

It wouldn't make since to start as Trevor unless we were breaking out of jail.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

This was obvious from the beginning.

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 14:02)
Michael is the central protagonist. We've known this, so it only makes sense to start with him. Anyone who wants to start out with Franklin is probably 12 and just wants SA2.

Im quite sure you was referring to me because Im the only one who stated that I wanted to play with Franklin first.First invalid point you made was about the age if I was 12 I would have been 3 when San Andreas released.However your Second point is very accurate GTA V in my opinion is San Andreas 2.Same location,Gangs,Features.Everyone has different things that they like about the game and Franklin is mine.

CPFC Ultra
  • CPFC Ultra

Chap

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 14:00)
I think it's a great idea personally. It almost compensates for having an open map.

I'd imagine it'll be Michael>Trevor>Franklin.

Racist

THEREALRIK
  • THEREALRIK

REAL RECOGNIZE REAL

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (TheYeast @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 10:05)
That screws up my plans. I wanted to switch to trevor right away and fly around the whole map.

now youll have to risk getting caught by airport security, trying to hijack a plane with michael.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users