Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only one who likes to offroad in gta?

43 replies to this topic
MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

I really am looking forward to the new physics of the vehicles. I'm wondering though, who else likes to go off roading in GTA? I remember the days of San Andreas when I'd go put hydraulics on a rancher and lift it up and go screw around on chilliad. I hope there will be an option to put a lift or better suspension or meatier tires on trucks.
I think that'll be the first thing I do when I play. Just go explore the trails.
Who else likes to do this? Anyone hoping for some off road worthy modification options?
  • CanOdope likes this

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

you definitely not the only one. I remember doing such in the few spots that were available in IV.

I will spend most of the time in the wilderness

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

hellz yeaaa

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

No youre not alone, I only really did it to hear the creak of the suspension or whatever it is. I love the sound when you get some air and land on the ground after a jump. I love it. But yeah I cant wait to offroad in some nice truck or Jeep lookalike.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

http://socialclub.ro...chiliad_jumpers

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

Hell no you're not.

I did it in San Andreas, as well as IV though there weren't to many spots for it, but the physics made it so damn fun.

I'm hoping there's off road mods for cars, such as lift kits big ol meaty tires, snorkles (so you can go in deeper water) and so on and so forth. I'd love to have a lifted Rancher, with a brushguard, skidplates, a load of KC lights, and enough power to pull a semi.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

I remember getting a Sanchez in SA and travelling along the entire border of the map, heaps of fun exploring, especially the top part to the north

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:24 AM

I can't remember what the Jeep looking vehicle was called...but I want one of those. Fully tricked out. Probably in a deep crimson Red or some kind of Orange-Red

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (2spooky4u @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 04:20)
No youre not alone, I only really did it to hear the creak of the suspension or whatever it is. I love the sound when you get some air and land on the ground after a jump. I love it. But yeah I cant wait to offroad in some nice truck or Jeep lookalike.

Hell yeah! I'm thinking I'm gonna immediately head to Blaine county and see if I can find a "Bodhi" that Jeep M715 lookalike and just cruise the desert. I'm a little upset that from what I can tell, they only put a 4 door Wrangler in the game. Lol I'm picky though.
I think ill do a lot of boating and diving in addition to the 4wheeling.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Yes.

You're Alone!

Nah jk. In all reality I never really put much thought into it myself. I'll definitely try it out in V though.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Didnt really get a chance to offroad much in any of the past games. Well there was a tiny bit of off roading in SA with the mountain side areas and the forests but not a lot. It didnt span far enough for me.
Unless you count the desert which was incredibly bumpy and almost un-driveable and crash every two seconds lol

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 04:22)
Hell no you're not.

I did it in San Andreas, as well as IV though there weren't to many spots for it, but the physics made it so damn fun.

I'm hoping there's off road mods for cars, such as lift kits big ol meaty tires, snorkles (so you can go in deeper water) and so on and so forth. I'd love to have a lifted Rancher, with a brushguard, skidplates, a load of KC lights, and enough power to pull a semi.

That would be great! I for one have lived in and around southern CA my whole life, and there are thousands, I mean THOUSANDS of miles of trails and some of the best offroading around. To not include some complex trails, or rock crawling and offroad mods would almost be sac religious being that the game takes place in my back yard. Ill see you in your rancher in multiplayer ; )

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

i really hope the monster truck returns from san andreas! im gonna be more than a little bummed if it doesnt.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

I always felt offroading experience in SA sucked. The cars in general to me felt horrible as time went by and other games surpassed it in physics and sound for vehicles. In the III era it was about the look of the cars to me. In IV though, most of my cars mods for the pc are offroad vehicles. Best thing ever and can't wait to see what V has in store.

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 04:27)
Yes.

You're Alone!

Nah jk. In all reality I never really put much thought into it myself. I'll definitely try it out in V though.

Lol part if why this series is so great is because you can do anything! Lol in San Andreas my buddies would all like doing drive by's on ballas when I was out at the airfield practicing on the stunt plane. GTA 5 is gonna be even more diverse!

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 04:32)
i really hope the monster truck returns from san andreas! im gonna be more than a little bummed if it doesnt.

Yeah that things was bitchin

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (KennethMBB @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 04:32)
I always felt offroading experience in SA sucked. The cars in general to me felt horrible as time went by and other games surpassed it in physics and sound for vehicles. In the III era it was about the look of the cars to me. In IV though, most of my cars mods for the pc are offroad vehicles. Best thing ever and can't wait to see what V has in store.

I'm hoping that because they mentioned the car driving with be so much better, that maybe th offroad driving will be more realistic and entertaining. I mean sh*t, they have a jeep a baha bug, Tacoma and many more offroad vehicles. They might as well be used for something.

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 04:24)
I can't remember what the Jeep looking vehicle was called...but I want one of those. Fully tricked out. Probably in a deep crimson Red or some kind of Orange-Red

Lol it's my username smile.gif

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

I loved offroading in the Vinewood Hills, near Northstar Rock.

I didn't like offroading so much in IV, it was like driving on greased ice. Plus there weren't a whole lot of places to do it; I'd go to Middle Park, but I'd end up with stars and it would always devolve into a police chase.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

Love offroading and can't wait to do this:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=565315

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

I think the fact R* added a gigantic rural area proves you're far from alone on that one. Can't wait to hop on a Sanchez and tear up some dirt trails.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 04:55)
I didn't like offroading so much in IV, it was like driving on greased ice.

icon14.gif Yes, trying to drive on grass was an exercise in frustration.

The Rancher (in GTA SA offroad/onroad and in GTA IV onroad) actually handles fairly well. I'm looking forward to GTAV offroad for sure, bouncing around in my Rancher with custom offroad tires !!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

You're not alone, at all. I love off-roading in IV, and I can't wait to do it in V.

sebasbmxer
  • sebasbmxer

good guy

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

im really looking forward to this game its goint to be awsome:!!!, and as soon as i get a chance to ride a quad or a dirtbike to ride on dirt roads and tracks the better biggrin.gif cool.gif

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

I love off roading. I hope R* adds specific off-road upgrades as well as the normal road bound upgrades.

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

I don't understand threads that start off with "Am I the only one.." because in a world like this with this many people you're clearly not the only one, lol.

OT: Off-roading is the best thing to do in the game, was the most fun in GTA SA.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

Well, Offroad can be alright at times but I personally prefer on road driving tounge.gif

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Are you the only one? Did you seriously come into this thread thinking you were the only one?.. Guess what, this maybe a surprise but.. Your not! I've been riding Motorbikes for a Good Part of my Life. So I am most amped up about Climbing up Mountain Chilliad on a Sanchez more then pre much anything else. Hopefully there is a wide Variety of Customization to your Dirt Bike and Quad so it can add some Depth. I've always wanted more then just the Single Dirtbike though. All I know is I'll be playing V for Years. It will be.. GOAT.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

I don't like Sanchez motorbikes, they're not fun to drive. I'll tell you what's really fun for mountain travel... that one Buggy...

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

I am really looking forward to the offroading in GTA V even though I generally like on road driving. Quad biking in the countryside must be great inlove.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users