Quantcast

» «
Photo

Overrated Games This Generation

157 replies to this topic
Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

I think it's beautiful that you are 256 colors too.

• Zaibatsu
  • Somalia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by Nipperkins, 17 July 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Mass Effect. I just don't like it. Too many conversations, with choices what to say and sh*t. It's just not my cup of tea maybe.

If you're playing an RPG, don't be surprised to see dialogue choices.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by Street Mix, 17 July 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Mass Effect games
RDR2
Dota 2 (junk)
FC3 Blood Dragon (pretty boring game, only humor is good)
Brutal Legend
Saint's Row 1,2
Darksiders

P.S. Seems like everyone hates CoD, yet they say it's overrated. lol

CoD is deeply underrated (at least SP)

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 16:35)
Mass Effect games
RDR2
Dota 2 (junk)
FC3 Blood Dragon (pretty boring game, only humor is good)
Brutal Legend
Saint's Row 1,2

P.S. Seems like everyone hates CoD, yet they say it's overrated. lol

CoD is deeply underrated (at least SP)

What's RDR2?

AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner.

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah the SP of CoD is great which is the reason I still buy CoD anyway.

And he mean't Red Dead Redemption because it is the second game in the Red Dead franchise, the first is Red Dead Revolver.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Master Of Puppets

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 12:45)

And he mean't Red Dead Redemption because it is the second game in the Red Dead franchise, the first is Red Dead Revolver.

So, you still buy CoD, to play a 7 hour campaing?

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Basically the whole AC franchise.

AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner.

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Distrom @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 22:25)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 12:45)

So, you still buy CoD, to play a 7 hour campaing?

Yes I do, got a problem with that?

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 16:01)

4 - Uncharted series: I haven't played any of the games, but I think the game doesn't deserve so much credit.

Eh what? How do you know if a game is over rated if you have not played it? For all you know the hype and accolades it gets could be fully justified.

Mine that I've played would have to be

1. Just Cause 2. Big map with nothing to do, terrible characters, terrible missions, terrible gameplay and just a terrible game.
2. Bioshock - The story intrigued me but the gameplay and the repetitive corridor shooting didn't
3. Call of Duty since MW2- Pretty much the same recycled game over and over, still gets ridiculous high ratings.
4. Fifa - Online is filled with cheats and the offline modes like career mode are filled with glitches and game ending bugs.
5. Skyrim - I just didn't enjoy the gameplay and found the sword fighting to be boring. Although I'm always willing to give a game another chance as the map and exploration I enjyoed heaps.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Bioshock and Uncharted are both incredibly overrated current gen franchises imho.

Sorry, but a game needs replay value in order to be considered great, and linear games seldom have replay value for me. That's why I don't consider games like GTA IV or Skyrim overrated, despite their flaws getting overlooked by critics.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (bluetops @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 10:08)
QUOTE (vertical limit @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 22:19)
Can't believe that none of you said Uncharted 3. The game is biggest load of sh*t that I've ever played.

It wasn't the biggest load of sh*t but it was definitely disappointing if you have played Uncharted 2.

I personally disagree with that. Uncharted 2 was a let down on many levels. Uncharted 3 redeemed itself. I feel as if Uc2 was overrated. But I understand I'm in the minority on this one.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Far Cry 3:
Most annoying main character of all time. And the game-play was so average.

As a Skyrim fan I have to admit it's over-rated. But I still love it.

I don't think GTA 4 is over-rated. GTA 4 and TBOGT combined I have like 2000 hours played, mainly on multi-player free-roam. It's just chaotic and something new and awesome is always happening. The soundtrack is also killer, Niko is a legend. The story and general mechanics maybe lacked a little.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Aside from COD, I can't think of any game. GTA IV was probably a bit overrated. Sure, it was a very detailed game that Rockstar put alot of effort into, but I feel critics were just giving it 10s to cash in on the hype. It seemed to lack on content compared to San Andreas. I can forgive this though considering it was built on a new engine.

Regarding Skyrim. While it is definitely not without glitches like other Bethesda games, I do feel the graphics look alot better than Oblivion. The world really shines out and feels alive with all the people and wildlife inhabiting it. The combat can be too hard at times though and the Havok ragdoll physics are glitchy as hell, and make me wish even more they'd used Euphoria instead. I will mention though that I started playing the game (on PS3) when it was patched up a bit and not in such a glitchy and unfinished state. All these problems aside, I find it be a great game with hours of replay value.

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

My list:

1. AC3
2. BLOPS 2
3. Heavy Rain

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

4 - Uncharted series: I haven't played any of the games, but I think the game doesn't deserve so much credit.

Play them to earn the right to call them overrated.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Futo @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 20:59)

Exactly. The Uncharted Series is one of this generations best.

Uncharted 2 > TLoU > Uncharted 3

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Red Dead Redemption.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

COD, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us. Don't get me wrong the last 2 are great games but story alone doesn't make it the best game ever.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 23:00)
Red Dead Redemption.

Care to explain why it's overrated

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 06:41)
QUOTE (Futo @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 20:59)

Exactly. The Uncharted Series is one of this generations best.

Uncharted 2 > TLoU > Uncharted 3

I played them and I can say too, they're one of the most overrated games this generation. There's literally nothing impressive about this game, except for a very good lightning system. Everything else is pretty much cliche, mediocre, old, corny, bad, broken and cheap. Well, maybe it's not that horrible, but it's an average game anyway. I played and will play much, much better games this generation.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 12:04)
Red Dead Redemption.

Do i even have too? It's just not my kind of game, i bought it because the hype surrounding it was massive and i thought I'd give it a pop, but it wasn't my thing.

And because most people love it an i don't, to me, it's overrated.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:35)
Brutal Legend

Brutal Legend overrated?
More like the most underrated game ever.
I'm the only person in England who has it, lol.

By the way, AceKingston, you really should play The Last of Us.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Uncharted 3: 1 and 2 were both brilliant games in their own ways. 1 being a a competent shooter with a nice mix of platforming, action and story. 2 improved all that and massively upped the action. It was paced beautifully throughout, the shooting mechanics were perfect and it had some jaw dropping visuals. Not to mention some of most memerable moments I've had in gaming.

3 on the other hand just didn't do anything for me. It was just set piece after set piece with a few shooting battles forced in between. ND even openly admitted this by saying they created these set pieces first and then stringed them together. It didn't work in my opinion. furthermore, the shooting mechanics were gimped and had became flimsy, the level designs weren't that imaginative and overall it was a chore to play through. A massive letdown in my opinion.

Thankfully, The Last Of Us showed that ND hadn't lost there way. That game is sublime.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 09:21)
QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 12:04)
Red Dead Redemption.

Do i even have too? It's just not my kind of game, i bought it because the hype surrounding it was massive and i thought I'd give it a pop, but it wasn't my thing.

And because most people love it an i don't, to me, it's overrated.

Yes.

I have RDR for a year and still haven't beaten the career. I just can't take it. The Old West theme is just so plain... I enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing special about it. Really, there isn't.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Research ≠ Searching something on Google

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

I would say:

Minecraft
BioShock Infinite
GTA IV
The last 4 COD's (MW2 - Black ops 2)
BF3

Now, these games are not bad at all. They are good, but not that good imo...

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

GTA IV - amazing game, but not a 10/10 imo
Bioshock Infinite - the bonding between Elizabeth and Booker felt rushed and the gunplay wasn't very innovative (then again, I usually don't like FPS)... still a great game though
Dark Souls - again, amazing game and one of my favorite RPGs, but it gets put on a pedestal by too many people who simply ignore some of its fails.
Saints Row 2 - gets wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more praise than I think it deserves. Good game, but people treat it like it was a masterpiece
Infamous - I loved the game but not much to do after beating it
Assassin's Creed 3 - rushed. Very rushed. It's still fundamentally a good game with good ideas, but if it wasn't for the freaking yearly release, it would have actually lived up to expectations... and that ending, jesus.
Mass Effect 3 - it's basically a huge expansion pack for ME2... no real evolution between the two. The game was also noticeably rushed (Tali pic, that retarded ending).
Half Life 2 (technically it's this gen because of Orange Box) - the most overrated game in existence imo. It's a GOOD game, but f*cking hell, people treat it like the second coming of Jesus. It innovated absolutely nothing that the original Half Life had not already done, and yet people point at it like it was groundbreaking.

I love each one of these games, but I think they get way more credit than they deserve.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

These are just from games I have played and own:

Saints Row 3 - I had never played SR 1 or 2 (huge mistake on my part), so 3 was my first Saints Row. At the beginning, it felt how it was hyped up to be, then later in the story it just fell apart for me, and I soon got bored of the stupid sex jokes.
Any CoD aside from CoD 4 - Same Sh*t Different Game. Pretty much sums it up for me. Sure the campaigns are actually ok, but the MP just gets worse and worse every year. Probably the main reason why I moved to Battlefield.
Assassins Creed 3 - My first AC game. I had played Revelations round a friend's house, and when I found out AC3 was coming out, I started to follow it, watching all the trailers and getting really pumped for it's release. When I first played it, it was ok, but not as good as Revelations. The main character was sh*t, story was mediocre and the only good part was Desmond dying in the end. (srsly f*ck Desmond)
Hitman Absolution - Sure it was fun, especially the Contracts mode, but the story felt way too restrictive, I mean, how come every guard in the world knows all of their co-workers by heart? The story was also quite pathetic too. I enjoyed the exotic locations in Blood Money and such, but being stuck in just the US for Absolution was quite boring. There were also hardly any memorable characters, apart from the cowboy guy and Birdie.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Every Call of Duty game ever made.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

As overrated as Call of Duty is, NOTHING beats the Zombies mode in my opinion. I don't know, I just find it really fun trying to survive relentless hordes of zombies that get more deadly with each level you pass.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

Any call of duty after mw2

FIFA 13

Forza horizon ( map was way too small )

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Bioshock Infinite

It was good, but imo, worse than the first two. Actually it was average for me. I'll rate it somewhere in the 60s out of 100

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users