Photo

Overrated Games This Generation

157 replies to this topic
Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 23:27)
I'm not too sure how overrated this game is, because I'm not too sure what the critical reception was, but Resident Evil 6 was a serious disappointment.
I''ve been a big fan of the Resident Evil series since RE2. People complained about RE5, but I enjoyed it a lot more than RE6. The physics & all the new mechanics just felt out of place. And the game just wasn't fun. & Mercenaries mode stunk.

I agree. Resident Evil started to lose its characteristics after RE4. I mean, even 4 was not as great as its predecessors.

Resident EviL 3: Nemesis was the best IMO.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by badboy_zay, 16 July 2013 - 04:34 PM.

Bioshock Infinite, goddamn all those hype and praising. the story and design are excellent... only for the first half of the game, after that the game gets dull fast, I felt regret for spending full price for this sh*t.
personally, I enjoyed Tomb Raider more.

also Far Cry 3, it could've been such a great game if not for the awful story (Vaas seems to be the only reason that have keeping the good score for this game) and a rich but casualization gameplay.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Easy Every Halo ever made

Every war game(every single one is identical to the one before it but they keep making them over and over and people are dumb enough to pay to play them)

The Crisis Games

Resident Evil games

Assassin Creed games

Skyrim(which is funny considering the elder scrolls games were NEVER this popular until now most people never even heard of them until the 3rd and 4th came out even though its been around since the DOS days)

Last of Us(for only a 15 hour game the fact its so popular astounds me....I don't understand how anyone can like it if they beat it in one day.)

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Fallout 3

-sh*t combat
-sh*t characters
-sh*t dialogue
-sh*t story
-boring grey and brown scenery

Only thing I thoroughly enjoyed about that game was exploring DC and the Rock-It launcher.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 16 July 2013 - 09:54 PM.

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 13:27)
Last of Us(for only a 15 hour game the fact its so popular astounds me....I don't understand how anyone can like it if they beat it in one day.)

It really depends on the person. It took me 17 1/2 hours over 3 days to beat it. For $60
you get an interactive movie that's story was better than most movies that came out recently.

Sure It probably didn't deserve all the 10's. Maybe some low-mid 9's would have been more
suitable (For some of the glitches experienced) but still for me was a nice cinematic experience.

Plus there is multiplayer which imo is pretty fun.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 01:16)
GTA IV was terrible. Way way overrated.

Come at me bros.

I agree. It's really one of the most boring games that I have EVER played. It's probably in my Top 10 worst list. That's how much I f*ckin' hate it.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 23:26)
I do agree that BioShock Infinite was extremely overrated (is that even a valid word?).

Itís a perfectly cromulent word.

As for GTA IV, on the surface it did appear to be everything everyone wanted. But once it was known that it wasn't going to live up to the hype it had created the reviewers should have been honest with the public. Instead they just left the perfect score in place. I understand that it was the first of it's generation which is why it had it's problems, just like GTA III, but that doesn't give it a free pass to a 10.

10's are handed out way too easily these days. Back when games were ground breaking and ahead of their times they still didn't get the 10 that they deserved. Now if there is any positive hype connected to a game the reviewers just jump on the bandwagon and feed the hype with 10's. It's pathetic.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:27)

You do know that there is Multiplayer right?
The length of the game doesn't matter when it's a Game of the Generation like that.

On Topic: Mass Effect 3.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Danz. @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 05:19)
QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 23:27)
I'm not too sure how overrated this game is, because I'm not too sure what the critical reception was, but Resident Evil 6 was a serious disappointment.
I''ve been a big fan of the Resident Evil series since RE2. People complained about RE5, but I enjoyed it a lot more than RE6. The physics & all the new mechanics just felt out of place. And the game just wasn't fun. & Mercenaries mode stunk.

I agree. Resident Evil started to lose its characteristics after RE4. I mean, even 4 was not as great as its predecessors.

Resident EviL 3: Nemesis was the best IMO.

Disagreed: RE4 is my favourite. The story was so convoluted and confusing by that point in the series that it just kind of made sense to have this side story in Spain that was good for newcomers to the series like I was at the time, as the series was like a brick wall in terms of wanting to jump into the RE series. Also, the game was kind of a self parody and had this smart edge to it, and that's about as deep as it gets for Capcom, plus the very good gameplay.

RE5 is where it all went downhill

Fallout 3 is another overrated game for me.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

GTA4
Every CoD after MW2
Assassins Creed 3

And no Fallout 3 wasnt overrated.

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Battlefield 3 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 15:18)
Also no Fallout 3 wasnt overrated.

See:

-sh*t combat
-sh*t characters
-sh*t dialogue
-sh*t story
-boring grey and brown scenery

The most overrated that springs to mind is easily Bioshock Infinite. Fantastic story and art direction, but the combat was so, so painfully boring I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I might be one of few who like Fallout 3 over New Vegas.

Hated the faction sh*t fom NV. Not to mention all the glitches.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (tooformay @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 17:35)
Battlefield 3 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Oblivion overrated? I would say underrated
I think you are confusing it with Skyrim.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 00:20)
I might be one of few who like Fallout 3 over New Vegas.

Hated the faction sh*t fom NV. Not to mention all the glitches.

actually no. watching metacritic user score, its really good.

And i also liked it. dont know whats up with these guys

Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

Mass Effect. Any of them. Extremely overrated. Doesn't mean they are bad, however.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Let's see:

Mafia II
Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row: The Third
Fallout 3
Prototype 1 and 2
Uncharted 2 & 3
Gran Turismo 5

and probably couple more I can't recall right now

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 07:34)
Let's see:

Mafia II
Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row: The Third
Fallout 3
Prototype 1 and 2
Uncharted 2 & 3
Gran Turismo 5

and probably couple more I can't recall right now

I wouldn't call Mafia II or Sleeping Dogs overrated, simply because they weren't received that well by the community in the first place (not sure about SR3).

Everyone seems to admit the flaws that Sleeping Dogs and Mafia II made and that it could've been a lot better (even most bought reviews).

Maybe it was overhyped before release, but not overrated after release.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 01:13)

The length of the game doesn't matter when it's a Game of the Generation like that.

Game of the generation? Really? It's a good game but posting things like that makes you sound like a fanboy. Everyone has their own opinions, just because someone say's that game is overrated, does not mean you have to hit back saying 'Game of the generation'.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 12:28)

Game of the generation? Really? It's a good game but posting things like that makes you sound like a fanboy. Everyone has their own opinions, just because someone say's that game is overrated, does not mean you have to hit back saying 'Game of the generation'.

Well actually, I've seen a LOT of people say that it's possibly the best game to be made on the PS3.

Until GTAV comes, of course.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 22:28)

Have you played TLoU Ace

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:07)

Have you played TLoU Ace

Sorry, I have not played it. I must have my made meaning clearer, sure it's a good game for you and most people was what I mean't to say.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

I agree with anyone who said Crysis 3. After I bought it I've tried to play it three times and every time I try to play it I look at my other games on the shelf wondering which one I'd rather be playing.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:30)
QUOTE (billy james @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:07)

Have you played TLoU Ace

Sorry, I have not played it. I must have my made meaning clearer, sure it's a good game for you and most people was what I mean't to say.

Well if you did, you wouldn't be saying that

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 13:25)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 07:34)
My post

I wouldn't call Mafia II or Sleeping Dogs overrated, simply because they weren't received that well by the community in the first place (not sure about SR3).

Everyone seems to admit the flaws that Sleeping Dogs and Mafia II made and that it could've been a lot better (even most bought reviews).

Maybe it was overhyped before release, but not overrated after release.

They're not only overhyped, but also overrated. Mafia II got a medium note around 77-78 on Metacritic. In my opinion it's definitely too high. Game that mediocre should have at most 60. This game went to the classic/platinum and similar collections and because of what?

Sleeping dogs isn't that much overrated, but medium note around 80 is a bit too high in my opinion.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Mafia II is more like underrated. One of the best games I have ever played.

The graphics are really good for a Mafia game.

The story especially the final mission was awesome, although I was pissed by the fact that you couldn't free roam after the final chapter.

The gameplay is a mix or realism and fun. I actually liked the traffic rules and the fact that you had to put petrol in your car.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Can't believe that none of you said Uncharted 3. The game is biggest load of sh*t that I've ever played.

- sh*t Graphics
- sh*t Story
- sh*t Gameplay
- sh*t Physics
- sh*t Setting

The only reason I played it is because it came with the PS3 I bought.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Does anyone else think Halo 4 was a bit over praised? I thought it lacked the magic the first 3 had.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 22:19)
Can't believe that none of you said Uncharted 3. The game is biggest load of sh*t that I've ever played.

- sh*t Graphics
- sh*t Story
- sh*t Gameplay
- sh*t Physics
- sh*t Setting

The only reason I played it is because it came with the PS3 I bought.

It wasn't the biggest load of sh*t but it was definitely disappointing if you have played Uncharted 2.

Mass Effect. I just don't like it. Too many conversations, with choices what to say and sh*t. It's just not my cup of tea maybe.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

1 - Every COD after MW1 ( COD 4 ) except BO2, it's the same, yes, but the single-player is actually fun.
2 - Halo 4: Just because it's a classic it's not that awesome. It was good, but not THAT good.
3 - Assassins Creed 3: Stealth Assassin Indeed!! ( What amount of stealth the prequels had was thrown out of window )
4 - Uncharted series: I haven't played any of the games, but I think the game doesn't deserve so much credit.
That's about it. Man I feel good right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users