Overrated Games This Generation

157 replies to this topic
redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 03:29)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 05:28)
QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 03:21)
Yes, i'm f*cking saying it.

The Last of Us is way too overrated, and didn't deserve a perfect score, it has a lot of glitches and terrible AI.

I mean what the hell? It has lots of glitches, but then TBOGT gets 9,2 because of "lame tank?"  bored.gif

but yeah TLOU is overrated as f*ck, wouldn't be surprised if Sony paid the reviewers to give the game a perfect score, it didn't deserve it. TBOGT didn't deserve a 10, but you get my point.

I could say the same thing about IV. It doesn't even deserve a 9.

AI is better than most console games. Sony didn't pay reviewers just like Rockstar didn't pay for GTA IV.

Alright, I agree. and Billly James I did play the game it was amazing but it didn't deserve a 10. confused.gif I'm sorry, the game was good overall, but TLOU had it flaws.

and IV was amazing aswell.

It's kinda lame how they do reviews.

Just like you said TBOGT should of been better.
RDR should of been 10/10 but they took it down for a few glitches
Max Payne 3 got hurt cause there was no freedom.

That's IGN for you.

I hope GTA V gets a 10/10

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

The Last of Us is way too overrated, and didn't deserve a perfect score, it has a lot of glitches and terrible AI.

I mean what the hell? It has lots of glitches, but then TBOGT gets 9,2 because of "lame tank?" bored.gif

but yeah TLOU is overrated as f*ck, wouldn't be surprised if Sony paid the reviewers to give the game a perfect score, it didn't deserve it. TBOGT didn't deserve a 10, but you get my point.

It is overrated, but don't go and say it's bad, I encountered no glitches and the AI were great (not perfect). I agree that the scoring system in the gaming community is bullsh*t. I can find PS2 era games that are better than the higher rated current-gen games in all categories other than graphics. That's why I ignore scores and make my own.

My point is TLoU got a perfect score because it's being compared to current games. Most of them suck. Many people have had a great time playing it, including me. It's definitely overrated, as some people find zero fault in the game and say it's perfect, which is bullsh*t. But it's a really good game.

And comparing it to TBoGT isn't very fair. I do agree TBoGT is better, but they aren't even in the same category. That's like saying "which is better, Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Max Payne?"

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 14:33)
QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 03:29)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 05:28)

I mean what the hell? It has lots of glitches, but then TBOGT gets 9,2 because of "lame tank?"  bored.gif

I could say the same thing about IV. It doesn't even deserve a 9.

AI is better than most console games. Sony didn't pay reviewers just like Rockstar didn't pay for GTA IV.

Alright, I agree. and Billly James I did play the game it was amazing but it didn't deserve a 10. confused.gif I'm sorry, the game was good overall, but TLOU had it flaws.

and IV was amazing aswell.

It's kinda lame how they do reviews.

Just like you said TBOGT should of been better.
RDR should of been 10/10 but they took it down for a few glitches
Max Payne 3 got hurt cause there was no freedom.

That's IGN for you.

I hope GTA V gets a 10/10

The only review site worse than IGN is polygon and they gave Ass Creed III a higher score than TLoU.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by Elusion123, 16 July 2013 - 03:42 AM.

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 05:35)

It is overrated, but don't go and say it's bad, I encountered no glitches and the AI were great (not perfect). I agree that the scoring system in the gaming community is bullsh*t. I can find PS2 era games that are better than the higher rated current-gen games in all categories other than graphics. That's why I ignore scores and make my own.

My point is TLoU got a perfect score because it's being compared to current games. Most of them suck. Many people have had a great time playing it, including me. It's definitely overrated, as some people find zero fault in the game and say it's perfect, which is bullsh*t. But it's a really good game.

And comparing it to TBoGT isn't very fair. I do agree TBoGT is better, but they aren't even in the same category. That's like saying "which is better, Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Max Payne?"

I didn't mean to say it bad, sorry.

TLOU is definitely one of the best games this gen has offered, but I don't think I've seen a single review with a lower score than perfect just yet. I encountered some glitches, and sometimes Ellie could sneak right infront of someone and wouldn't get noticed, that had me laughing a bit.

And by the way Max Payne is better lol.gif

Saints Row: The Third.

It was a massive disappointment compared to the first two games, but still got generally positive reviews.

I have to agree with Elusion123. TLOU is amazing, but it is overrated (if slightly). It's not perfect by any means and before Redx fires back about GTA IV I agree reviewers overrated it.

My personal score is 9.3/10. Whether anyone agrees or not I don't care.

Have to agree with you there Miamivicecity. Saints Row: The Third was overrated, but it was a huge disappointment compared to the two before. And I also agree that TLOU was slightly overrated, and IV overrated IV to a bit aswell, especially when they said that the city felt alive. It never felt alive to me. Still a great game though,

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 14:38)
Have to agree with you there Miamivicecity. Saints Row: The Third was overrated, but it was a huge disappointment compared to the two before. And I also agree that TLOU was slightly overrated, and IV overrated IV to a bit aswell, especially when they said that the city felt alive. It never felt alive to me. Still a great game though,

Yes. I think most people know how much I love GTA IV, but the reviewers did exaggerate.

I remember when it was said Middle Park would be dangerous after sunset and well it's no different to any other time of the day. On that basis I agree it is overrated.

TLOU is with out a doubt one of this gen's best games, but it still doesn't deserve a 10/10 for everything. Like you said about the A.I.

In my play though I found it could be really good and really retarded also. Some enemies were so blind to even notice Joel even if he was a few feet in front of them and I didn't like how they ran around like headless chicken.

It would've been better if it was rated somewhere between 9/9.5 as atleast it would've been a fairer score and it's still a very good one at that.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

Assassin Creed 3.

Major disappointment;Boring protagonist, broken gameplay, glitches and the sh*tty ending.

Everything just went to sh*t after Brotherhood. I've had more fun on AC 3's multiplayer than I did singleplayer.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

I do agree that BioShock Infinite was extremely overrated (is that even a valid word?). Even though I really did find the story f*cking amazing with it giving me shivers at every oppertunity and the gameworld was beautifully designed, the overall gameplay was rather bland and made the game not really deserving of a lot of the rabid praise.
By today's mainstream shooters standards though, the gameplay was varied and interesting enough for it to stand out I guess and people just grasped onto it (for that and the story/setting).

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

- Every Assassins Creed

- MW 3, BO 2 (even tho I own MW3)

- Every Saint's Row

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

Skyrim was an amazing feat. There is SOOO much in that game all for a condensed 3.8GB, I have no clue how they did that. Thousands of hours of replayability.

It just depends on if you don't like that kind of gameplay, it more tailored to people with OCD who like to collect everything, and gave you insane amounts of freedom.

So people that arent as creative and have to have the game tell them what to do obviously won't benefit from it, probably also why you didn't like san an, as that also gave you endless amounts of choice.

What I felt wasn't finished was GTAIV. So many confirmed features never made it in, that is why we have pointless ATM machines still hanging around.

I can't think what comes to mind, other than any rockstar game on this generation hardware, IV, RDR and MP3 all had a great engine and some features were amazing, but the rest of the games were dogsh*t, especially any story/plot based ideas. Just god awful. MP free roam was the only redeeming features in both, as for Max Payne 3, it just sucked arse 100% aside from the shooting mechanics, which were pretty damn good, just wasted on a pisspoor game.

Also any Call of Duty game post World At War.

They sucked balls after that, basically an identical game from 2005 to 2012, a long ass time to never change the game engine or even the death animations.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:53 AM Edited by Fireman, 16 July 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Haha, everyone knows IGN reviews are bought as f*ck. I don't like looking at reviews to call something overrated. Being overrated comes from the community and the millions of fanboys defending a sh*t game. Heck even games which were rated mediocre by reviewers can still be overrated by the rest of the internet.

Anyway, Skyrim was okay, but I don't understand why Bethesda never delivers a full game, but a half-arsed game with: "Yeah but you can download mods for it, durp".

There really wasn't that much to do in retrospect and the quests were repetitive and boring (and the writing wasn't good enough for a RPG, for a MMO, maybe).

Also, I personally felt Bayonetta was pretty overrated, it's just DMC with a hot chick and the story is interesting but the gameplay is so repetitive, I couldn't stand playing it too long in a row (then again I also had that with DMC, I don't really like hack 'n' slash).

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

The Walking Dead definitely. I really don't understand when people say 'This game is such a beautiful game' all IMO of course but not GOTY worthy.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 21:23)
Anyway, Skyrim was okay, but I don't understand why Bethesda never delivers a full game, but a half-arsed game with: "Yeah but you can download mods for it, durp".

This and Hearthfire was a waste of DLC! I liked the idea of building your own house but you don't need three just give the player a choice of where to build. That said they could have added some of the cool combatants such as those that were in Morrowind or its expansion (Bloodmooon and Tribunal).

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 21:58)
The Walking Dead definitely. I really don't understand when people say 'This game is such a beautiful game' all IMO of course but not GOTY worthy.

I feel the same, I played and finished the interactive movie, and I just thought the ending was really generic when it comes to zombie game, that why I loved The Last of Us it totally avoids the generic zombie ending.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by Daz, 16 July 2013 - 11:19 AM.

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 11:03)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 21:23)

This and Hearthfire was a waste of DLC! I liked the idea of building your own house but you don't need three just give the player a choice of where to build. That said they could have added some of the cool combatants such as those that were in Morrowind or its expansion (Bloodmooon and Tribunal).

Talking complete sh*te here.

That Hearthfire DLC was f*ck all, though the other two DLC's were f*cking amazing and gave you whole new worlds to explore, I have NO f*ckING CLUE why anyone would think they are unfinished in any way. You must seriously not get the premise whatsoever.

Fallout and Skyrim may only appeal to certain people, so if you don't like the way it plays, you wont like any of it. But don't knock it because of that.

Those games arent about the storyline or the quests, it is about living in a persistent world, and always building your character and hoarding and selling items, buffing weapons out and most importantly, attacking places and looting the f*ck out of them. The game is f*cking huge.

I got a little burned on Skyrim moreso than I would with a Fallout game because in Fallout you have guns and it is always fun to go around shooting things. The combat in Skyrim where I got to such a high level, I was one hit killing things which gets a bit boring after a while just slashing through enemies.

The games play off your OCD so if you want to be told what to do or how to have fun then you should go back to playing COD.

As for some more, Halo, I owned the last 4, none of them gripped me like it has for other people.

Mass Effect, I only played 2, though the atmosphere was really great in certain cities and some good music, the combat was f*cking wank as sh*t and felt tacked onto a conversation based game.

Also Gears of War, though I have never actually played any of them, so I don't really have an opinion, I just dislike them quite alot.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

I thought it was good for what it was. Better than Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island etc IMO.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 21:18)

I thought it was good for what it was. Better than Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island etc IMO.

Yeah but you think GTA IV is a good game so your opinion can't hold much water.

lol.gif

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:22)

lol.gif

Be careful what you say freak, he's a mod, so a comment like that can possibly get you a temp banned

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

Yes, he's going to ban me for questioning him in a joking way.
What a brilliant mod he would be.

By the way, I think The Walking Dead did deserve the praise it got.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:24)

lol.gif

Be careful what you say freak, he's a mod, so a comment like that can possibly get you a temp banned

Why would I temp ban someone for saying that? He's not doing anything wrong making a harmless jab.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think Miami's getting tired of the GTA IV jokes. tounge.gif

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:31)
QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:24)

lol.gif

Why would I temp ban someone for saying that? He's not doing anything wrong making a harmless jab.

That why I said possibly

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:33)
I think Miami's getting tired of the GTA IV jokes. tounge.gif

Meh. People are free to say what they like Ace. wink.gif

Michael De Santa ™
  • Michael De Santa ™

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

All COD
The Last of us
The Walking Dead

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Crysis 2&3. I played Crysis 2, since I don't have a HDTV the apparent main selling point was lost to me. Short, boring levels with boring combat and a boring storyline. I traded the game for £7 of credit, it was just so...generic. And boring.
Crysis 3 looks the same, with people mostly raving about its graphics. Again, no HDTV, so...bleh.

Bioshock infinite. Yes, it was a good game. No, it wasn't fantastic. Compared to bioshock 1&2, again, too generic.

I can't say CoD was overrated - people expected it to be generic but a kinda fun arcade game, and that's all it was.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Skyrim (I agree with OP)
CoD
GTA IV (Overrated as f*ck, doesn't deserve 10/10 scores at all)
Uncharted
Crysis series

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

MILF Hunter

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 11:16)
Mass Effect, I only played 2, though the atmosphere was really great in certain cities and some good music, the combat was f*cking wank as sh*t and felt tacked onto a conversation based game.

f*ck right off. Everything you said about Skyrim, how it appeals to a certain person, is exactly the same for Mass Effect. If you think the combat is "wank" then you evidently didn't experiment with all the classes. One of your main problems is starting from 2. This is a game that you need to put in hundreds of hours into from the first game to the third. The story is a f*cking masterpiece (albeit the weak ending in the final installment).

Nun0567
  • Nun0567

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

All the Cod games since Black ops 1, Bioshock infinite, Crysis 3 and Mafia 2. Mafia 2 is garbage, I regret buying it. Thought it was a decent game to spend time while waiting for V. I finished the story just to get the trophies, and I'm gonna sell it tomorrow to get my money back.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

-Assassin's creed 3
-All Call of Duties
-The Last of Us
-Crysis 3
-GTA IV (deserved 9.0-9.4 but not a 10)

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Bioshock Infinite. Well written though.

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

The whole AC series, GTA IV, The Last of Us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users