Photo

Far Cry 4

317 replies to this topic
Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:08 AM Edited by Flynny, 10 June 2014 - 10:09 AM.

Ok, I don't buy into hype, and don't even get remotely excited for games anymore, but my f*cking god, that gameplay video.

I am just stunned, driving and shooting, vehicle takedowns, grappling hook, wingsuit at any point, f*cking elephants, gyrocopters, drop in co-op.

I can't handle it, I think I am having a panic attack or something because I am so stressed out, it effected me that much, and until the ubisoft part of E3, I thought the whole thing sucked knobs.

Forget anything else, this is all I care about for now because it is actual gameplay with no rehearsed gameplay sessions. There is enough evidence to suggest that this cannot fail at all.

f*cking amazing, Skyrim with guns basically.

I can't even imagine what Blood Dragon 2 could be like now. I must not think of it, I will cum myself again.

Agreed, and here it is for those who missed it or wanna see it again

protag looks to be called Ajay Ghale

• Daz and Th3MaN1 like this

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

They used a Clash song, f*cking pre ordered on the spot.
  • Linc. likes this

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

I hope you can use the wing suit at anytime, I was annoyed how they hyped up the wing suit in far cry 3, but you only got to use it once.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:45 PM Edited by Linc., 10 June 2014 - 12:46 PM.

This game honestly looks fantastic in my opinion. They're tackling a location that has pretty much never been touched when it comes to open-world games, perhaps bar Just Cause, and I think they're going to execute it perfectly.

The short release date is also peculiar, I was expecting it to be a much longer wait but it seems they must've just been waiting for E3 to release all of this, can't wait to hop on it on, well, hopefully the release date (late birthday present??? :p )

Abseiling, wingsuits, elephants and The Clash! What more could you want in an open world first-person shooter?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

I hope you can use the wing suit at anytime, I was annoyed how they hyped up the wing suit in far cry 3, but you only got to use it once.

Er, you only had to use it once. From that point onwards it was available for the rest of the game.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

Er, you only had to use it once. From that point onwards it was available for the rest of the game.

Really? I only ever used it when you had to glide to the other islands. Either way it looks like they're including it properly this time, especially now that it looks like there will be flyable vehicles.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

This is looking very good. I'm excited to wait for another FC game, I have FC3 on my PS3 and it's really good :)

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

So far, everything about the reveal just ROCKS!!!.. :^:
At this point, I'd need to definitely upgrade the GPU, seems that's going to take a toll this year with GTA V and FC4 :/

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Looks amazing so far. Just hope it stays the same until the final version. Really excited for the end of the year when both GTA V for PC and Far Cry 4 release. :D

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by Hodgey., 10 June 2014 - 03:47 PM.

I wasn't blown away by it.

That being said I thought Far Cry 3 was a good game but nothing spectacular like alot of people said and thought it was. I'm sure Far Cry 4 will also be a good game but I wont be buying into the hype of it. I'll probably be buying it once the price has come down quite a bit.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Graphics aren't all that but easily good enough to keep me happy, what impressed me the most was that elephant. The way it moved and attacked, impressive. Ai seems a bit sh*tty, although I'm blaming that on it being on easy mode or something, due to them trying to show off certain aspects of the game without hassle.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

the AI seems kind of terrible....

otherwise the game looks incredible.

I hope it's slightly more challenging than this first gameplay video leads me to believe.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Game looks great. Scenery and the setting are beautiful. Combat seems far cry 3-ish, but that's to be expected i guess.

But to be honest i was already sold on the setting alone.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

hope there is day 1 dlc that we can play as the elephant, instant purchase. 

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

I would buy the sh*t out of an Elephant Simulator.

• im_stoned likes this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

Shame that Ubisoft is releasing this game to Xbox 360 and PS3 though. Which will end up restricting and limiting the game.

Come on Ubisoft...

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Shame that Ubisoft is releasing this game to Xbox 360 and PS3 though. Which will end up restricting and limiting the game.

Come on Ubisoft...

There are a lot of people who can't afford a PS4 and Xbox One at the moment. Can't you think of it?

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Oh shut up, it looks great as it is.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

Come on Ubisoft...

There are a lot of people who can't afford a PS4 and Xbox One at the moment. Can't you think of it?

That's all fine but then you have another problem...

Why should the people that can afford one be restricted by the previous gen instead of getting their moneys worth?

IMO all companies should do what Ubisoft does with AC unless the game isn't restricted by the previous gen (Like CoD, Fifa, ect...) or there is very few studios to do this considering Ubisoft has like (30?). Anyway, they could have the main one on the current gen (and PC obviously) and then spin offs on the previous gen and handhelds. 

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

dat elephant 2 stronk

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

I am not that excited about far cry 4. Far cry 3 multiplayer was appalling. Far cry 2 was well known for its unique elaborate map editor.
Far cry 3 SP was a major improvement but MP was an atrocity. Map editor missed a lot of key essentials, it became more complex, limited options. Not to mention, the co op seemed to be a rushed pointless game mode. The MP gameplay was horrible too. It was a horrible mash up from different shooters. They should of kept far cry 2 mp and map editor. FC3 trailers were so misleading.

Because of far cry 3's failure, FC4 might be as well.
  • ROCKGTASTAR likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:18 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 13 June 2014 - 02:18 PM.

Far Cry was always an SP game. This isn't COD/BF.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Far Cry was always an SP game. This isn't COD/BF.

You're right. FC has amazing SP. MP is meh...but 1 thing FC was well known for that makes it stand out is map editor. I spent more time on map editor making maps more than SP and more than MP. I hardly played MP. Far cry 2 SP was great and long but not replayable. Far cry 3 SP was awesome and replayable. But after some point we would have to check out the map editor and MP. Based off fc3, fc4 might not be so good.

Dont get me wrong, SP might be awesome but after replaying sp a couple times, map editor and mp will be next on the list.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

two comments:

First: I have never played this series before. Does it have collectables? Meaning things you find as you play. example: Thief, Wolfenstein, Dead Rising 3. (shiny stuff) LOL

Second: We know some people cannot afford next gens yet. But why make a game on a console if its not what it should be? Curr. gen struggles with all these cross gen platform games. This has been proven multiple times. Its like when you go to a car dealership, you are starring at two new, we will say Mustangs. One is a V-6, the other V-8. You know you want the V-8. You love the V-8. But you get the V-6. Your unhappy everyday after that. Your at the stop light, the V-8 pulls up next to you. You glance over at them, they glance over at you. The light turns green............your car stalls out and the V-8 rides on to victory. No one feels sorry for you because they know you could have bought the V-8.  

Yeah, I'm kinda having a bad day at the old work place today. LOL

• TheMcSame likes this

jimmydsantaki288
  • jimmydsantaki288

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Loved FC3, hope this game is great too.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

two comments:

First: I have never played this series before. Does it have collectables? Meaning things you find as you play. example: Thief, Wolfenstein, Dead Rising 3. (shiny stuff) LOL

Second: We know some people cannot afford next gens yet. But why make a game on a console if its not what it should be? Curr. gen struggles with all these cross gen platform games. This has been proven multiple times. Its like when you go to a car dealership, you are starring at two new, we will say Mustangs. One is a V-6, the other V-8. You know you want the V-8. You love the V-8. But you get the V-6. Your unhappy everyday after that. Your at the stop light, the V-8 pulls up next to you. You glance over at them, they glance over at you. The light turns green............your car stalls out and the V-8 rides on to victory. No one feels sorry for you because they know you could have bought the V-8.  

Yeah, I'm kinda having a bad day at the old work place today. LOL

First:yes
Second: i know what you mean. PS3 still has life left. I dont know why they released ps4. Ps3 still has like 2 more years left.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yes there's collectables. In Far Cry 3 there was Relics/artifacts. Letters from lost soldiers, USB cards with drug recipes on them. I think that's it, so I'd imagine Far Cry 4 having something similar.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:56 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 13 June 2014 - 03:58 PM.

This Ubisoft's 3rd Far Cry game. And they're not yearly releases. People complain with anything nowadays.

Gamers are the worst people.

How the Hell is the game milked? Far Cry 3 was a fantastic game, and Fry Cry 4 is coming out, heavily anticipated, 2 years later.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Right, I've spent the last 5 minutes clearing that all up.

I'm afraid ROCKGTASTAR won't be joining us again for a while, but whilst we're on the subject, and like I did with the W_D thread, let's set some ground rules that should be second nature to most of the people here,but apparently need reinforcing.

1. No off-topic posting
Legitimate comparisons are fine. Entirely off-topic posts are not. Yes, this includes entirely off-topic posts even if you preface them with the words "off-topic". If decide I want to mug you, and preface my mugging with the words "I'm a mugger", I'm still mugging you. These threads often derail faster than staff can deal with them once someone starts posting off-topic crap and therefore I make no apologies for being a hard-arse regarding it. You don't like it? Go cry in a corner.

2. Don't bitch about things you've never experienced
Frankly, I don't care if you want to tell everyone why you've got no interest in playing FC4, or why you never bothered with FC3. Fill yer boots, those opinions are perfectly valid. But saying "oh, X game is sh*t" and then admitting you've never f*cking played it is just trolling. And, last time I checked, trolling was pretty high up on the list of things-that-get-you-under-the-guillotine-blade in the forum rules. This should be common sense.

3. Don't feed the trolls
Report them and move on. I appreciate the desire to call people out on stupid things, when they do or say stupid things, but it just means that staff have to go around deleting yet more posts to clean up after said person once their initial response has been junked. If people break rule 1) or 2), don't rise to the bait, simply report them and ignore them.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Sorry bout that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users