Far Cry 4

956 replies to this topic
Seņor_Fisto
  • Seņor_Fisto

Literally A Baby Pagophilus Groenlandicus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:19 AM

Finally got the game after it went on sale a few days ago. Was surprised to see we got to make custom co op missions now, guess all that time wasted on the FC3 editor is finally going to pay off.

Made an open ended assault map with various locations to explore and gather weapons and supplies from, every building has a purpose. You start with nothing and have to steal/find weapons to use against the enemy. Vastly outnumbered your best bet in the beginning is to sneakily gather ammo/weapons/supplies while thinning their numbers as you go along. Eventually you'll find bigger and better weapons capable of taking out larger amounts of enemies with greater ease, but as you kill more enemies they'll start to fill the map faster than you can kill them...depending on what your strategy is and how it all goes down of course

So far it's going well. I somehow keep enjoying replays, maybe because I haven't beaten it just yet. It's not finished yet but it's still pretty difficult to solo, even with the most powerful toys and tucked into a corner. Definitely needs 2 people to even out the odds. With 1 person you pretty much have to rely entirely on guerrilla warfare. Finally FC4 lets me make the game modes I've always wanted.

Now if only uplay didn't suck and if only I could connect to people via public matchmaking  :/ If anyone on PS4 wants to play co-op and/or help a brother out with some playtesting, message me.

In case anybody was wondering how the last few kills of an open ended assault map would go down, this short video might give you an idea

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:07 AM

Valley of the Yetis was pretty cool. Wasn't too long, but still pretty beefy. I'd say on par maybe with Blood Dragon in terms of size. Over all pretty good. Co-op was a huge bonus.

• Troubadour likes this

HaroldWop
  • HaroldWop

Games

• New Members
  • Commonwealth

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:33 AM

Far Cry 2 was great. Far Cry 3 was basically Skyrim with guns because thats what it was, simplified poop for 12 year olds.

Maybe I will get it, I did enjoy 3 but honestly after you beat it there was 0 reason to go back and play it. Hope this one is different.
  • Joekill95 and Osho like this

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:43 AM

Far Cry 2 was great. Far Cry 3 was basically Skyrim with guns because thats what it was, simplified poop for 12 year olds.

Maybe I will get it, I did enjoy 3 but honestly after you beat it there was 0 reason to go back and play it. Hope this one is different.

It's really not that different. You'll have no reason to go back and play it after beating it for the first time. It just doesn't have enough to do IMO.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:04 AM

Yup. Far cry 2 absolutely rocks!!! Installing RealMode modification and you are set to enjoy the best experience.
Even the classic Far Cry feels a LOT better than FC3/4.

Seņor_Fisto
  • Seņor_Fisto

Literally A Baby Pagophilus Groenlandicus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:10 PM Edited by Seņor_Fisto, 04 June 2015 - 07:10 PM.

You know I think the nostalgia factor is at work here because I totally don't miss omnipresent AI and sudden turns in the story that turn the rest of the game into dark corridors filled with suddenly mutated invisible enemies like it started wanting to be Doom 3

I like what Far Cry's become, maybe a little more if it wasn't as simplified as 3 or 4 but 2 is a pretty nice sweet spot (as long as you have one of the "realism" mods for it that fixes everyone seeing you all the time)

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

General

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:15 PM

It's really not that different. You'll have no reason to go back and play it after beating it for the first time. It just doesn't have enough to do IMO.

Then you've obiously never played the co-ops or gone online.

• Seņor_Fisto likes this

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

Then you've obiously never played the co-ops or gone online.

Co-op, no. Online, yes (which I enjoyed, loved the take on it in FC4).

I dunno. After a certain point with both FC3 and FC4 it just kinda got stale no matter what I did. Not to say that either is a bad game, though. Far from it. It just comes up a bit short in the open-world replayability department to me.

But I'm glad that some people are having fun with it :)

Mr. Tibbs
  • Mr. Tibbs

I feel 10 feet tall right now, and as strong as an ox

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

I'm going around trying to take out an outpost. But of course the game has a different plan.

I have faced on my 500m trip to the outpost:

A pack of wild dogs

Around 2 honey badgers

Countless birds swooping out of nowhere

And a f*cking tiger

And I have yet to even step foot in the damn outpost.

Getting Attacked By Wild Animals Simulator 2014

• Corndog93 and esmittystud101 like this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence Xbox One 4.5 TB - PS4 2 TB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

Those fu*king eagles. I might try and go back and attempt to finish the yeti dlc. Too many great games out right now so little time.
  • Mr. Tibbs likes this

Majesticnug420
  • Majesticnug420

gg

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:43 PM

Just started today, it sucks that you basically have to unlock nearly all the outposts to get the amr. I mainly use snipers to liberate outposts. Anyone know of any other silent snipers I can get? I

SVD is nice, but I need something more stealthy.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:25 AM Edited by esmittystud101, 10 July 2015 - 02:27 AM.

Just started today, it sucks that you basically have to unlock nearly all the outposts to get the amr. I mainly use snipers to liberate outposts. Anyone know of any other silent snipers I can get? I

SVD is nice, but I need something more stealthy.

I would go for the Preditor if you could.

http://i.ytimg.com/v...xresdefault.jpg

Majesticnug420
  • Majesticnug420

gg

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:45 AM

Already got the z93 haha. Thanks for helping though!

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:21 AM

FC4 was great but I hope the next entry is new-gen only to allow stunning visuals and perhaps 4-player co-op. It would also be cool if we could do the campaign missions with friends.

It would be sweet if they changed up the setting to dinosaurs or something similar.

• esmittystud101 likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

FC4 was great but I hope the next entry is new-gen only to allow stunning visuals and perhaps 4-player co-op. It would also be cool if we could do the campaign missions with friends.

It would be sweet if they changed up the setting to dinosaurs or something similar.

I will have to totally agree. Next gen only, 4 player co op for good missions, not just side stuff. They need some better enemies as well. After a while I started noticing that all the ememies were pretty much the same in every area.

One thing FC4 has going for it though is there map. Yes, it could be larger but I love how I would just stroll up to maybe a decent size hole in the groud. Walk up to it, here I can propel down the hole, find collectables. The map let me explore a little bit which I love.

• Durden likes this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

is fc4 worth 25$?

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

Yes

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Green lettering has returned! That could only mean one person........ Guess.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:23 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 12 July 2015 - 11:24 PM.

"Making GTA Fan boys jump" guy? I haven't seen him in a while. If it is, it's all good.

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

There are things in life you cannot choose: how you feel.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

Would anyone recommend this game for Xbox 360?

Majesticnug420
  • Majesticnug420

gg

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:33 AM

Spoiler

nargris
  • nargris

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:33 AM Edited by nargris, 16 July 2015 - 05:33 AM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

nargris
  • nargris

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
  • Joekill95 likes this

swirler
  • swirler

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

Was surprised to see we got to make custom co op missions now, guess all that time wasted on the FC3 editor is finally going to pay off.

Oh wow! I had no idea. I own them all and havent touched them... guess I need to address that soon!

MadeBrazen
  • MadeBrazen

Bronze

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by MadeBrazen, 4 weeks ago.

Just started playing today - Got a pro tip: light some incense in your house for that extra immersion nasal factor. sh*t works.
Might crack out the old Thailand fisherman's pants tomorrow.
Be skinning the neighbours cat for a hat by next week.

Vertighost
  • Vertighost

SMS2 SNES N64 NGC PS2 PS3 PS4

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oh man good idea, a new-gen FarCry: Turok Dinosaur Hunter game..."It is inevitable"

• Durden likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users